Announcing Staff Changes - See You Around :)

Started by E. Gadd Industries, August 05, 2024, 05:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Hey y'all. It's... been a while, yeah? Seems like there's been a lot going on around here, and I'm ecstatic to see things continuing on as they have been. :) If you've been present in this community from before fall 2023, you know me & my antics. If you don't know me, I apologize that we never got the chance to meet.

For a long time, I thought this day would never come. I thought I would be content to stick around this community as a staff member for a long time, years to come. But, life had other plans for me, as it would happen, and I ended up deleting most social media and related platforms. Turns out, when you make the decision to want to start being intentional with your immediate surroundings, there are unseen sacrifices that come up, like having to take a lighter role in communities like this one.

You all have been a fantastic community over the years I was a part of it. In fact, I would say this place was incredibly influential in molding me into the person I am today; I wouldn't be half the musician I am, half the storyteller I am, half the creative I am. So, I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for each and every one of you who played a part in that.

I still hang around and lurk, by the way, so this isn't completely good bye (even if I conclude this as such). I'm simply retiring from my role as moderator. Not being on Discord, nor being regularly on the forums, I don't feel as though I can wear the role responsibly. So, I am now E. Gadd Industries, Inventor of Grand Things and Staff Emeritus. It's been an absolute honor of mine to serve you all, and I know that the current moderation team is doing a fantastic job, so I worry not about leaving you all in their capable hands.

In the interests of not dragging this out much longer, I leave you with this parting advice...

Quoth King Solomon, the wisest man in the world:
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
A time to be born and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to tear down and a time to build,
A time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
A time to search and a time to give up,
A time to keep and a time to throw away,
A time to tear and a time to mend,
A time to be silent and a time to speak,
A time to love and a time to hate,
A time for war and a time for peace."

A season for everything, and my season on staff here at NinSheetMusic has come to an end. :) And that's how things should be. I wish you all nothing but the best, and for now...

Farewell.

New achievement unlocked!
[close]

Additionally! I would like to announce these further staff changes:

Static will join me as a Staff Emeritus.

Libera will become a Ghost Updater (spOoOooOky!).

Sebastian will also join me as a Staff Emeritus.

It's been a joy to serve alongside each of you, and I hope nothing for the best for each of you as life carries you where it may. :)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

Jake_Luigi

I'm not crying, you're crying!! :sob:
Gonna miss you guys, good luck with life and all the stuff that comes with it!

Static

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 05, 2024, 05:51:25 PMI'm ecstatic
Hey I used the same pun on my first update post, things have truly come full circle...

It's been so much fun reviewing all the interesting, creative arrangements I've seen over the years, learning of new games and meeting new arrangers along the way... I miss it, but sadly I have much less time available these days.

But just because I'm no longer an Updater doesn't mean I'm no longer a contributor; expect many more arrangements to come.

Thanks everyone for a fantastic few years of updating!

Sebastian

It's been an honor to serve as an Updater. I plan to get back to arranging soon...perhaps in the future I will serve again as Updater but for now I leave that role in the capable hands of those serving currently.

Olimar12345

Thank you all for your years of service to this place. Your work has been very much appreciated! o7
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Static on August 05, 2024, 07:35:06 PMHey I used the same pun on my first update post, things have truly come full circle...

XD that wasn't even planned.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

LeviR.star

E. Gadd, thank you for all that you've done to help make the forums and Discord server an inviting community. Static and Sebastian, I wish you two had enough time in your schedules to stick around, but I understand how life is and wish you both the best. And Libera, I'm glad to see you're still present somewhat, the Submission Center owes a great deal to you and your tireless efforts as an updater.

To all of you, thank you for all that you've done, you will be missed dearly. Please be sure to drop by on occasion.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Theguysayhi

As a lurker myself, it's been an honour and a blessing E.Gadd.
^^ Thank you so much for all the awesome and wonderful things you guys have done, it's truly amazing.

You will be missed but never forgotten! I look forward to the times I see you around not just for grand announcements, but also in just casual passing.

Thanks for being awesome :D

Mr_Chicken

Fellow lurker here, thanks for all you did for the site! Wouldn't have been the same without you!
Korok Fiend