Series: Other
Game: Pac-Attack
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: The High Life
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

NineLives

Radiak488417

Cool piece! Only vaguely heard of this game before but the soundtrack is pretty nice.

-The tonic chord here is G major, so the keysig should be 1 sharp.

-m1 RH beats 2-4.5: There's a fair amount of other harmonic voices you don't have included here, I'm assuming for playability reasons (which I'd agree with if that's the case). You could maybe include the B on beat 2 though, since that doesn't add any awkward fast repeated notes like the ones on the 8ths would.

-m3 RH beat 3.5: missing a G on bottom; if you omitted it to avoid repeating the LH note then that's fine.

-m4 RH beat 3.5: missing a Bb on bottom.

-m5 RH beat 3.5: missing an A on bottom.

-m7 RH: Beat 2.5 is missing an E-G-B triad on bottom, beat 3 is missing an E-G dyad, and beat 3.5 is missing an E. Feel free to leave out some of these to make it more playable, on beat 2.5 especially.

-m10 RH beat 1: chord should be B-D-F#-A bottom to top.

-m14 RH beat 1: You could potentially include the downwards gliss here.

-m14 RH beat 4.666 & m15 RH beat 1 grace note: I think Fx would be preferable here (like in m11) since it's confusing to read a grace note on the same line as its parent note.

NineLives

I edited most of the above with a few exceptions.
Quote from: Radiak488417 on September 05, 2024, 05:19:36 PM-m1 RH beats 2-4.5: There's a fair amount of other harmonic voices you don't have included here, I'm assuming for playability reasons (which I'd agree with if that's the case).

-m3 RH beat 3.5: missing a G on bottom; if you omitted it to avoid repeating the LH note then that's fine.

-m7 RH: Beat 2.5 is missing an E-G-B triad on bottom, beat 3 is missing an E-G dyad, and beat 3.5 is missing an E. Feel free to leave out some of these to make it more playable, on beat 2.5 especially.

-m14 RH beat 1: You could potentially include the downwards gliss here.
  • For measure one, I wanted to make it not only playable, but I also wanted to put focus on the beats of the measure because it sounds like there's an emphasis on those in the original piece as well.
  • Measure three's missing G was indeed removed to not clash with the left hand and I wanted it to be a bit more easier to move to the next chord.
  • For measure seven, aside from playability, I wanted it to have this build up to the first chord of the next measure, since I hear it have that impact in a not-so-crescendo sort of way.
  • In response to the glissando for measure fourteen, I hear what you do for that, but I'm thinking it's best left simplified for this arrangement.

Radiak488417

Quote from: NineLives on September 08, 2024, 06:50:09 PMFor measure seven, aside from playability, I wanted it to have this build up to the first chord of the next measure, since I hear it have that impact in a not-so-crescendo sort of way.
That's fair. Would you consider adding just the G on beat 3? I think that would improve the playability without adding too many other voices, since it lets you distribute your wrist weight more evenly.