News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

TWG CXXIII: ADOFAI Postgame

Started by mastersuperfan, July 04, 2024, 05:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you planning on playing in the next TWG?

yes :)
6 (85.7%)
no :(
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

mastersuperfan

TWG CXXIII: A Dance of Fire and Ice

The Ice Wolf wins.

Role reveal:
1. Oricorio: Human
2. BlackDragonSlayer: Human
3. ThatHiddenCharacter: Human
4. SpecsFlyer17: Human (Ice Seer)
5. XiaoMigros: Human
6. Nana1Popo2: Fire Wolf
7. TheZeldaPianist275: Ice Wolf (Fire Seer)

Action Recap

Night 1:
N1P2 burns THC.
TZP chills THC.
THC dies.

Day 1:
N1P2 is lynched.

Night 2:
TZP chills Oricorio and paints Oricorio blue.
TZP seers BDS green.
Specs seers Oricorio blue.

Day 2:
Oricorio is lynched.

Night 3:
TZP chills Specs and paints Xiao blue.
TZP seers Xiao green.
Specs seers TZP blue.

Day 3:
Xiao is lynched.
Since TZP is guaranteed to achieve parity by chilling the last remaining player he has not yet chilled (BDS), the game is called.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Damn. Back to back blue seer hits and I get them both wrong. Horrible way to lose.

BlackDragonSlayer

Yeahhhhh reading the course of events back I'm not sure how much of a chance we had. Even if you had seered Xiao instead, Xiao would've come up as blue which would've put us in the exact same boat.

N1P2 actually turning out to be the red wolf sure was an interesting twist tho :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

So TZP was basically outing with his "gambit". Really should've pressured them harder, but not much you can do when you have a red check on you

BlackDragonSlayer

The biggest tripping point for me the whole time was wondering why the blue wolf would've chilled and painted Oricorio at the same time. Curious why TZP decided to go for that.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

This setup ended up being surprisingly interesting! I'd love to try and see it run with more players so there's more opportunity for crazy shenanigans.

Also, MSF, would you be able to put an interest poll up for the next TWG?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Yeah. I was actually ready to vote BDS last minute because Xiao wasn't changing his vote to me. But I trusted my gut and figured wolf!Xiao may have known my vote was .5

TheZeldaPianist275

STOP ROLLING ME AS A WOLF FOR THESE AAAA

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on July 04, 2024, 05:19:05 PMDamn. Back to back blue seer hits and I get them both wrong. Horrible way to lose.

I probably would have seered BDS in your position, as he was the least likely to have been painted. It came down to a 50/50 either way though.

SpecsFlyer17

I'm glad THC wasn't a wolf. That would've been funny but I'm glad he didn't do that lol

Oricorio

TZP probably "greenchecked" me to keep me around as my vote was worth .5. Missed opportunity that people didn't look at that harder, as it made TZP obvious in hindsight (being the only one who wasn't trying to wagon me until his hand was forced). Oh well, hindsight bias and all that.

SpecsFlyer17

With BDS voting Xiao D3, there wasn't really any hope for the town. BDS voting Xiao was the vote that TZP needed, and that was game.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Oricorio on July 04, 2024, 05:26:47 PMTZP probably "greenchecked" me to keep me around as my vote was worth .5. Missed opportunity that people didn't look at that harder, as it made TZP obvious in hindsight (being the only one who wasn't trying to wagon me until his hand was forced). Oh well, hindsight bias and all that.

This is actually not quite true. Going into D2, when I realized Specs had checked you, I thought there was a good chance you were my partner. So I faked a green check on you to alert you to the fact that I wasn't on the level—if you were a human, you wouldn't disbelieve it, but if you were the fire wolf, you'd immediately know I was your partner, since you'd show up as red to the fire seer. And when you didn't take the bait I was almost positive it was Xiao. I was going to PM Xiao during N3 to team up...but the very strange vote results on D2 gave me pause about doing that.