News:

NinSheetMusic is 20 years old!

Main Menu

Kricketune54's Aquatic Update Sheet

Started by Kricketune54, July 03, 2024, 08:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

Well I suppose it's fitting that the project runner creates the last topic 😆, just one for this project.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Tournament (Joining)

I want to note for those who may have noticed but I had the titles backwards between the two fishing/bug tourney tracks, "Joining" and "In Progress". The site has been updated, "In Progress" is the correct name for that previously accepted sheet. My outdated arrangement thread continues to fall further out of date...

Bloop

-In most bars, the second tuba note is on the same beat as the guitar (on beat 2.75 instead of 2.5), probably best to check these throughout.
-m2 and 14: The staccato in the L.H. beat 3.5 should be above the notehead.
-m6: You can keep the L.H. guitar part in the R.H., and maybe write this bar in the bass cleff for easier readability. Same in m10
-m7: I think I hear an An instead of Ab as grace note before beat 3 in the R.H. Same in m11
-m19: Maybe instead of just Ab's for the guitar, you could do C and Eb's and put them in the R.H.?
-m24: There's a low Eb in the guitar from beat 2 on here too

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on September 01, 2024, 04:55:15 AM-In most bars, the second tuba note is on the same beat as the guitar (on beat 2.75 instead of 2.5), probably best to check these throughout.
Wow and even after checking this bassline multiple times thinking I had a grip on it, I still slipped up big. Did a thorough relisten, rectified all tuba notes (note there are some parts where the note still lands on 2.5 such as m4, and there are even two spots where the second tuba note at the beginning of the measure is further subdivided to 32nd length at m27 and m31). I think I thought the notes were just a little "laid back and funky"  ::)

Quote from: Bloop on September 01, 2024, 04:55:15 AM-m2 and 14: The staccato in the L.H. beat 3.5 should be above the notehead.
-m6: You can keep the L.H. guitar part in the R.H., and maybe write this bar in the bass cleff for easier readability. Same in m10
Fixed, made those two measures bassclef.

Quote from: Bloop on September 01, 2024, 04:55:15 AM-m7: I think I hear an An instead of Ab as grace note before beat 3 in the R.H. Same in m11
I still hear Gn grace note for m7 but I've fixed m11.

Quote from: Bloop on September 01, 2024, 04:55:15 AM-m19: Maybe instead of just Ab's for the guitar, you could do C and Eb's and put them in the R.H.?
-m24: There's a low Eb in the guitar from beat 2 on here too
Added in these notes

Made a few other separate changes, and changed the systems to 4-4 as I thought it was getting too cramped. Thanks!

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 05, 2024, 12:13:05 PMand there are even two spots where the second tuba note at the beginning of the measure is further subdivided to 32nd length at m27 and m31
I think at those places the note actually just falls on a funky laid-back beat 2.25, as trying to count 32nd's at this speed doesn't seem feasible. The song in general seems to be in a sort of 16th-swing-y vibe, which probably delayed the tuba note a bit, or just the attack of the tuba took a bit too long.

All other changes look good! One small thing I noticed:
-m2 and 14: The quarter rest in the second layer should be two 8th rests (similar to the rests in m4)

Libera

I know Bloop hasn't approved it yet, but since I've just checked it...

-Maybe add some of the other keyboard notes in as harmony in bar 18?  The texture is a little sparse there comparatively to the surrounding bars, and I think adding in that harmony there would help.
-I agree that the 32nd note subdivisions are probably overdoing it.  It makes it kind of hard to read at this tempo (and I don't think adds much).
-vgmdb lists Shinobu Nagata as the composer for this piece.

Nice sheet!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on September 06, 2024, 05:11:59 AMI think at those places the note actually just falls on a funky laid-back beat 2.25, as trying to count 32nd's at this speed doesn't seem feasible. The song in general seems to be in a sort of 16th-swing-y vibe, which probably delayed the tuba note a bit, or just the attack of the tuba took a bit too long.
Ah okay. I have adjusted these notes to beat 2.25.

Quote from: Bloop on September 06, 2024, 05:11:59 AMAll other changes look good! One small thing I noticed:
-m2 and 14: The quarter rest in the second layer should be two 8th rests (similar to the rests in m4)
Fixed this as well

Quote from: Libera on September 07, 2024, 12:34:01 PM-Maybe add some of the other keyboard notes in as harmony in bar 18?  The texture is a little sparse there comparatively to the surrounding bars, and I think adding in that harmony there would help.
I went back and forth on this. On one hand this makes it a bit more "arranged" than I usually strive for, but in context of this sheet and keeping the flow, it makes sense, so I've added the harmony here

Quote from: Libera on September 07, 2024, 12:34:01 PM-vgmdb lists Shinobu Nagata as the composer for this piece.
Ah good catch forgot to do this between updating the titles for this sheet and the already onsite Tournament (in progress) one, updated

Thanks both! I have updated my Dropbox

Bloop

Libera

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 09, 2024, 02:33:29 PMI went back and forth on this. On one hand this makes it a bit more "arranged" than I usually strive for, but in context of this sheet and keeping the flow, it makes sense, so I've added the harmony here

That wasn't quite what I had in mind, and is certainly more 'arranged' than I was intending.  I was thinking something like this:

Spoiler
[close]

where some of the keyboard notes are just placed directly below the melody in the RH.  You could also go with just the F if you think the F Ab is too heavy, or don't like that the Ab has to be restruck later in the bar.

(You can also see in that image that I edited the tie at the end of the bar in the second layer a little so it doesn't intersect the tail.  Finale can do this if the stem direction swaps across a tie and I don't think it looks particularly nice, so I try to edit them out).