TWG CXXIII: A Dance of Fire and Ice

Started by mastersuperfan, June 23, 2024, 05:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Not seeing how we're screwed Xiao--we've got all players at full voting health and it's quite possible there's only one wolf left

Ninja'd

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on July 01, 2024, 05:14:48 PMUnless a wolf purposely didn't chill/burn someone D2 to create the illusion that N1P2 was a wolf?
The only reason I can see for a purposeful blank is that they thought they might need the extra 0.5 vote to help ensure they survived the lynch.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Thinking back on it, it's plausible that wolf!N1P2 tried to play the innocent card and stuck with it to the very end (instead of claiming seer), hoping people would change their vote.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

XiaoMigros

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 01, 2024, 05:16:33 PMNot seeing how we're screwed Xiao--we've got all players at full voting health and it's quite possible there's only one wolf left

Ninja'd
Okay screwed was probably an overstatement but it felt like everything was figured out and now its... not. But it's nice to have some breathing room.

SpecsFlyer17

Just a rules check, the rules verbiage says wolves can chose a player to chill/burn. So they can pass, correct?

TheZeldaPianist275

Also, if we were at one wolf going into D2, doesn't that mean Specs is the only seer left whose results have any pull? Oricorio would have to have been painted by the Ice Wolf, since the Fire Wolf is dead.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on July 01, 2024, 05:20:42 PMJust a rules check, the rules verbiage says wolves can chose a player to chill/burn. So they can pass, correct?

Yes. All night actions by wolves and seers are optional, and if no target is given for a particular action then no action will be carried out.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SpecsFlyer17

Watch it be wolf!THC who tried to play some insane mind game by shooting himself and then looking innocent when he only has .5 votes.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 01, 2024, 05:18:15 PMThe only reason I can see for a purposeful blank is that they thought they might need the extra 0.5 vote to help ensure they survived the lynch.

I can do you one better: the best reason I can see for a purposeful blank is mentally flashbanging the remainder of the lobby, as we have been

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 01, 2024, 05:22:28 PMAlso, if we were at one wolf going into D2, doesn't that mean Specs is the only seer left whose results have any pull? Oricorio would have to have been painted by the Ice Wolf, since the Fire Wolf is dead.

Yes, since I saw Oricorio blue, the ice wolf WAS alive N2. If a wolf died D1, TZP should receive no red checks since it had to be the fire wolf.

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 01, 2024, 05:24:36 PMI can do you one better: the best reason I can see for a purposeful blank is mentally flashbanging the remainder of the lobby, as we have been

You're saying a wolf may have purposefully skipped the N1 burn/chill to confuse everyone and potentially trick us into thinking there's a dead wolf?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 01, 2024, 05:22:28 PMAlso, if we were at one wolf going into D2, doesn't that mean Specs is the only seer left whose results have any pull? Oricorio would have to have been painted by the Ice Wolf, since the Fire Wolf is dead.
Oricorio could still be the Ice Wolf and one of the wolves just decided not to use their vote power for whatever reason. But I do suspect that N1P2 was the Fire Wolf.

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on July 01, 2024, 05:23:56 PMWatch it be wolf!THC who tried to play some insane mind game by shooting himself and then looking innocent when he only has .5 votes.
lololololololol

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 01, 2024, 05:24:36 PMI can do you one better: the best reason I can see for a purposeful blank is mentally flashbanging the remainder of the lobby, as we have been
also very true :P

In all seriousness though, it's possible (no matter how ridiculously unlikely) they fully expected to live the day and did absolutely wanna try some tricky mindgames.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

XiaoMigros

Right, I missed that

SpecsFlyer17

Alright I need to get to bed. Gotta think about this one.

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm trying to figure out if blue seer red wolf Specs is still a possibility. In that case Specs would have incentive to make people think the red wolf was dead... I just don't know if the way the actions have played out would even make sense in such a world.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber