News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG CXXIII: A Dance of Fire and Ice

Started by mastersuperfan, June 23, 2024, 05:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oricorio

Quote from: Oricorio on June 30, 2024, 11:25:36 AMMay be confbiased here a little but I think this push on me looks bad. Xiao knows full well that I "responded" by outing the PM, so I don't see this as being a natural thought. But he needs to have a reason to suspect me, since as I established earlier if I am treated as town Xiao is just constrained by PoE. This is what we call a boxed in wolf.

Fixed

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on June 30, 2024, 11:25:36 AM... needs to have a reason to suspect me, since as I established earlier if I am treated as town Xiao is just constrained by PoE. This is what we call a boxed in wolf.
Where did you establish this?

BlackDragonSlayer

On the other hand, Oricorio I sorta feel like your push on Xiao is you taking the opportunity to lynch someone who would otherwise never be lynched because of how human read they are. From your perspective, it'd be a monumental task to get either TZP or I to vote for each other (not to mention convincing anyone else), but Xiao doesn't have quite as much insurance because TZP has been much more proactive at providing reasons to see him as human.

Your only other option to push would be Specs which looks bad because he claimed seer.

Gonna be heading out shortly. Will likely be back within the next 4-6 hours.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

XiaoMigros

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 30, 2024, 11:36:13 AMbut Xiao doesn't have quite as much insurance because TZP has been much more proactive at providing reasons to see him as human.
sometimes I get the impression that portraying me as stupid is a legit strategy to detract from what I do say

XiaoMigros

I'm also not sure if I've just forgotten your playstyle Oricorio but you do seem to be targeting me somewhat aggressively. This is what we call a boxed in wolf.

(I should be around to change my vote later if needed)

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 30, 2024, 11:36:13 AMOn the other hand, Oricorio I sorta feel like your push on Xiao is you taking the opportunity to lynch someone who would otherwise never be lynched because of how human read they are. From your perspective, it'd be a monumental task to get either TZP or I to vote for each other (not to mention convincing anyone else), but Xiao doesn't have quite as much insurance because TZP has been much more proactive at providing reasons to see him as human.

Your only other option to push would be Specs which looks bad because he claimed seer.

Gonna be heading out shortly. Will likely be back within the next 4-6 hours.

I don't think you quite understand the situation we are in. If both of the seers survive D2, it can give us a lot of information going into F3, which is why Xiao is optimal (and not because it "looks bad"). I don't really care that Xiao is townread, what have they really done to advance town's wincon? The D1 vote was probably a mislynch and given that the two most viable CWs were our seer claims, maybe that's a sign town wasn't doing well at all D1. Still, we're in a situation where it's close to a lock but one mistake means it's all over. For now, we need to establish the trustworthiness of the seer claims (but we know at least one has to be legit).

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 30, 2024, 11:55:28 AMI'm also not sure if I've just forgotten your playstyle Oricorio but you do seem to be targeting me somewhat aggressively. This is what we call a boxed in wolf.

(I should be around to change my vote later if needed)

Again, this push is contrived. Why wouldn't town be "aggressive"? The use of "somewhat" does a lot of heavy lifting here and truly sells that you don't really feel this way.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on June 30, 2024, 11:58:59 AMI don't think you quite understand the situation we are in. If both of the seers survive D2, it can give us a lot of information going into F3, which is why Xiao is optimal (and not because it "looks bad"). I don't really care that Xiao is townread, what have they really done to advance town's wincon? The D1 vote was probably a mislynch and given that the two most viable CWs were our seer claims, maybe that's a sign town wasn't doing well at all D1. Still, we're in a situation where it's close to a lock but one mistake means it's all over. For now, we need to establish the trustworthiness of the seer claims (but we know at least one has to be legit).
If I'm not mistaken a mislynch will cost us the game?

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on June 30, 2024, 12:00:17 PMWhy wouldn't town be "aggressive"?
Because arguing with emotions doesn't get us anywhere

Quote from: Oricorio on June 30, 2024, 12:00:17 PMThe use of "somewhat" does a lot of heavy lifting here and truly sells that you don't really feel this way.
Well okay then, I guess I dont after all

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 30, 2024, 12:00:50 PMIf I'm not mistaken a mislynch will cost us the game?

If both seers are legit, then you (or N1P2 I guess) are not a mislynch. Unless you want to convince me it's BDS?

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on June 30, 2024, 12:00:17 PMWhy wouldn't town be "aggressive"?
And I can certainly explain why a wolf like you might be acting "aggressive" at the moment :)

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on June 30, 2024, 12:02:43 PMIf both seers are legit, then you (or N1P2 I guess) are not a mislynch. Unless you want to convince me it's BDS?
There are 5 of us at the moment, and 4 needed for parity, no?

XiaoMigros

I genuinely don't understand how BDS relates to this, sorry

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 30, 2024, 12:03:41 PMThere are 5 of us at the moment, and 4 needed for parity, no?

THC confirmed town
N1P2 likely town, a wolf would have almost certainly claimed seer in their position. (But if they are wolf, we have a free mislynch anyway)
I know I'm town.

BDS most likely town based on reaction to TZP's gambit.
TZP and Specs are both seer claims, assuming they're legit they can't be w/w

That just leaves you.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 30, 2024, 11:34:43 AMWhere did you establish this?
I would also greatly appreciate an answer on this!