News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Cashwarrior1's Aquatic Update Sheets

Started by cashwarrior1, June 22, 2024, 12:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Splatoon sheets baby

Splatoon 2
Riptide Rupture
[musx] [mus] [midi] [pdf]

So the performance in this one is kinda sloppy, there's a lot of rushing (on the sixteenth notes) and dragging (on the eighth notes, and triplets), but the general tempo is 172. It's pretty difficult to play, so any suggestions for making it easier I'm open to.

Comments:
  • Kazoo notation. I have no reference for what it should look like so I just estimated.
  • LH m6 last sixteenth note to m7 b3, I moved this part down an octave to make it easier to reach the octaves. But when it repeats in m10-11, I left it up the octave.
  • m24-31, I have the lh octaves crossing staves since I find it easier to play that way.
  • There are a lot of spots where the lh has a lot of ledger lines, but I was having trouble figuring out if/where I should put 8vb
  • It is really hard for me to tell what a lot of the chords are, and in some places (like m8 rh) where it sounds like theres an unintended note. I thought it'd be cool to write down chord names so it can be somewhat treated as a lead sheet, I just dunno how to name stuff

Splatoon 3
Seasource
[musx] [mus] [midi] [pdf]

TLDR; Asuka Hayazaki is the composer
Since this song was added to the game this month, we don't have the official soundtrack for composer credits. However, the in-universe band that made this is Sashimori, who previously had two songs in splatoon 2 and Asuka Hayazaki was credited for those (link) and those are literally the only songs she wrote. With the release of side order, Asuka Hayazaki is listed in the credits (but not in the base game) and while it could be because she made music for side order, it's more likely that the sashimori songs will be on the soundtrack release of side order.
[close]

There are spots in this with shouts that I tried to capture (m6, 8, 10, 44) and some that has more pitch to it, so I just followed the general motion and followed the supporting harmonies (m20, 28). The section at m29-35 is really weird, I tried to give each note its own spot on the scale (hence all the double sharps) but I don't know if theres any harmonic reasoning here

Fantastic Ike

Wow, this is a fun one. Props for you for figuring out how to put all that on a sheet.