Main Menu

Bloop's Aquatic Project Sheets

Started by Bloop, June 20, 2024, 10:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Deku Toad Battle
[MUSX]

The soundtrack name for this is Middle Boss Battle #3, but as for all of the battle sheets I submitted from TP, I decided to go with [Name of boss] Battle instead. The two separate sections at the end (Deku Toad jumps and Deku Toad is vulnerable) play during a specific attack of the Deku Toad. This could happen it any time in the song, but in the video, they appear at 2:22 for the jump, and 2:28 for the vulnerable theme.

[SW] Splatoon 3
Frothy Waters
[MUSX]

i apologize to the second updater, latios wanted this (and so did i)
The youtube version repeats, but in-game the song stops after the over-the-top accelerando and rising in pitches. I tried to keep things somewhat playable, like in m43: the chords are fuller, and there's one on beat 7.5 too, but I kept it like this so the L.H. has time to jump back down.

Latios212

Frothy Waters

I've wanted to see a sheet for this since the first time I heard the piece haha. "From this point on, don't worry about accuracy" best performance direction

I really don't have a lot to say here! The alternating 4/4 and x/8 time signatures look good for the beginning and end sections. The cello(?) part is a bit hard to discern in m. 47/55 but otherwise I think what you have matches the original quite well.
- LH part in m. 36 and the even numbered measures after it: the 3rd/4th/5th eighth notes here. I feel like they might be a half step up (G#-A-G#) but I'm not certain. Mind double checking?
- I'm hearing the upper RH chords in m. 43 as such:
You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on June 20, 2024, 04:19:51 PMI've wanted to see a sheet for this since the first time I heard the piece haha. "From this point on, don't worry about accuracy" best performance direction
I didn't know about the song for the longest time, but once I heard it I knew it was something I should arrange hahaha

Quote from: Latios212 on June 20, 2024, 04:19:51 PM- LH part in m. 36 and the even numbered measures after it: the 3rd/4th/5th eighth notes here. I feel like they might be a half step up (G#-A-G#) but I'm not certain. Mind double checking?
- I'm hearing the upper RH chords in m. 43 as such:
Fixed both of these! Changed the enharmonic spelling for m36 a bit because of it, and I went with a D as upper note in m43 beat 7 instead of the A, as I hear that one more prominently

Kricketune54

Deku Toad

• m6 RH half note cluster I hear a Dn and an Eb from the sounds of it
• m9 RH beat 2 I hear a Gb on the bottom of this cluster instead of Fn, and beat 5 I hear a An instead of Ab. m10 beat 2 also applies to first half of this bullet.
• m10 LH 1.5 I hear Bn and A# as the two 16th notes
• m25 and m26 RN hearing the Gn's as An's

Latios212

Frothy Waters

Whoops, forgot to reply in here earlier! Changes look good, this crazy sheet is approved ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 25, 2024, 12:27:19 PM• m6 RH half note cluster I hear a Dn and an Eb from the sounds of it
Ah yeah, you mean Dn sliding to Eb right? I hear it too now, changed the enharmonic spelling to be Fhalfdim too.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 25, 2024, 12:27:19 PM• m9 RH beat 2 I hear a Gb on the bottom of this cluster instead of Fn, and beat 5 I hear a An instead of Ab. m10 beat 2 also applies to first half of this bullet.
I hear this too now, and on closer inspection I don't think I hear the En and Gn below the F and Ab too, which makes playability a bit easier too.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 25, 2024, 12:27:19 PM• m10 LH 1.5 I hear Bn and A# as the two 16th notes
Hear this too! Interesting how it's only in this measure, instead of any others (even on the repeat)

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 25, 2024, 12:27:19 PM• m25 and m26 RN hearing the Gn's as An's
Yep, and the En afterwards as F too.

Thanks for checking! Updated the files!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on August 13, 2024, 04:02:47 AMAh yeah, you mean Dn sliding to Eb right? I hear it too now, changed the enharmonic spelling to be Fhalfdim too.
to me it sounded like there was a Dn as well in that cluster but now I honestly can't tell.

• m57 RH hearing G# on bottom beat 2 and Fn for beat 4
• m60 RH 2.75 is silent? It sounds like the Fn on 2.5 is the last not to me
• m61-64 RH current beat 4 should move to the beginning at beat 1 and then push current beats 1-3 up by one beat.

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on August 28, 2024, 01:19:19 PM• m57 RH hearing G# on bottom beat 2 and Fn for beat 4
Yep, got them! Wrote the G# as Ab enharmonically

Quote from: Kricketune54 on August 28, 2024, 01:19:19 PM• m60 RH 2.75 is silent? It sounds like the Fn on 2.5 is the last not to me
I think that might be a weird cut-off in the ost version, in this video at 1:32 you can hear the G# at the end:
Though I think in all three times it stops at a different point in the loop, so it probably just loops until the boss reaches the ground.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on August 28, 2024, 01:19:19 PM• m61-64 RH current beat 4 should move to the beginning at beat 1 and then push current beats 1-3 up by one beat.
I think that fade in is also a weird ost thingy, I can kiiinda hear it in the video above (after the Deku Toad jumps part) but it sounds as if the real loop begins at beat 1.

Anyway, files are fixed!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on August 29, 2024, 11:05:50 AMI think that might be a weird cut-off in the ost version, in this video at 1:32 you can hear the G# at the end:
Though I think in all three times it stops at a different point in the loop, so it probably just loops until the boss reaches the ground.
Oh you are totally right! Never played TP but listening to this gameplay can hear as you have it.

Quote from: Bloop on August 29, 2024, 11:05:50 AMI think that fade in is also a weird ost thingy, I can kiiinda hear it in the video above (after the Deku Toad jumps part) but it sounds as if the real loop begins at beat 1.
Agree with you as well here, can hear from the video as you have it.

Just one last question, did you mean to make the end line of the rubato a dashed line? If that's a standard thing to do I may have forgotten/don't know the reasoning

Other stuff looks good, Deku Toad approved