Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Minecraft
Console: PC
Title: Creator
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad

One of the new tracks I really like! Kept the left hand fairly simple due to how I heard it but would be very open to expanding if I can figure out how to balance it with good playability.

goldenscruff

I'm not seeing any measure numbers in the pdf of .mus, please add these. Another updater would be more knowledgeable at fixing this than me.

I can sometimes hear what you have notated for the LH. I think notating the LH as a waltz baseline where appropriate, would be better at capturing the feel of the song. The tempo is slow enough that 8-10th jumps are well within the realm of playability.
I would be prioritising the Bass note (where playable), then everything playing on b2 and b3.
I personally find the guitar more prominent than the pizz strings for the LH. Where it is less busy (eg m13-36) you can notate both as thirds where they are different.

There are also quite a few notes that could do with staccatos. eg RH m21 b2 & b3

m4 LH I hear Gn En Cn

m5 It would be nice to have a rit.

m12 RH I hear |C  A  F#ED# |

m13-20 in the RH I hear as a verbatim repeat of m9-12, I would also be including the semiquavers in these bars as well.

m22 b2 RH I'm hearing the Bn as a triplet quaver, as well as in m26,30,34

m48-50 the RH is notated a tone too high

m61-62 the RH is notated a third too high

m64-66 again the RH is notated a tone too high

m70,74,78 triplet in RH again

m82 b3 I'm not hearing the Cn until b3.67

m92 RH I'm hearing the quavers slightly swung at the end of the bar, up to you/other updaters on including this.

m101-132 Instead of octaves, I think it would be good to include as much of both of the melodic lines as possible.

m129-130 I'm not sure what the RH is supposed to be. It seems you've switch which melody line you are notating (which I would advise against) and its notated a third too low?

m133-139 I think the RH should be up an octave, but I'm ignoring the timbre shift going into m132, which depends on what you do with the above comment.

m137 RH I'm hearing a Cn b3.

m140 RH b2 I'm hearing Bb

m141 the last chord is a Bbminor add9. I suggest writing it as LH: Bb Fn; RH: Cn Dd Bb

There are a couple other things I noticed, but this is enough for now.

Kricketune54

Hi Wuuthrad, could you make the same visual updates to this sheet that you did for Ancient History as well?

Wuuthrad

Sorry about the delay, just reupdated!

- I think I've got the formatting fixed. The clef changes for 9 and 141 are a measure early because it causes problems with importing from Musescore to Finale Notepad otherwise, so someone else would need to fix that for the final version.

Quote from: goldenscruff on July 04, 2024, 11:35:53 PMI can sometimes hear what you have notated for the LH. I think notating the LH as a waltz baseline where appropriate, would be better at capturing the feel of the song. The tempo is slow enough that 8-10th jumps are well within the realm of playability.
I would be prioritising the Bass note (where playable), then everything playing on b2 and b3.
I personally find the guitar more prominent than the pizz strings for the LH. Where it is less busy (eg m13-36) you can notate both as thirds where they are different.

Updated the left hand mainly for measures 21-36 and 69-84 since those felt the most waltzlike. I don't have the waltz line in 85-100 for variation, but if it should be there for better accuracy I'd be happy to fix it. Otherwise, made some other small adjustments throughout for better accuracy.

Quote from: goldenscruff on July 04, 2024, 11:35:53 PMThere are also quite a few notes that could do with staccatos. eg RH m21 b2 & b3

Added in various scattered staccato notes for the right and for the waltz parts in the left.

Quote from: goldenscruff on July 04, 2024, 11:35:53 PMm101-132 Instead of octaves, I think it would be good to include as much of both of the melodic lines as possible.

Made measures 101-116 into chords that combine both melodic lines. Not fully sure on whether the notes for 113-116 and 129-132 are right, I have a hard time hearing them. For measures 117-132, I tried to write the melodic lines separately, but I'm not sure about the playability so would appreciate any ways to do it differently.

Quote from: goldenscruff on July 04, 2024, 11:35:53 PMm133-139 I think the RH should be up an octave, but I'm ignoring the timbre shift going into m132, which depends on what you do with the above comment.

I like having the octave as is for variation, but if it really should be higher I can change it.

I think I got through all the other note and rhythm fixes mentioned and added rits at the beginning and end.