News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Olimar12345's Aquatic Update Project Sheets

Started by Olimar12345, June 19, 2024, 01:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Why not!

[GBA] - Metroid Fusion
Sector 4 (AQA) Underwater Area [MUSX]

[MUL] - Spiritfarer
Last Voyage [MUSX]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Kricketune54

Bloop

Last Voyage
Very neat, Spiritfarer! I haven't played the game myself, but just seeing bits and pieces from my ex playing already got me close to crying, it was a beautiful game.
I don't have much to say about the sheet though, just a few tiny things:
-m25 (and 26): I think I hear an A below the B in the R.H.: it at least sounds like there's more than just an F and a B
-m40: I only hear a dotted 8th E on beat 1 in the R.H., instead two separate E's
-The first page is quite crowded compared to the second page, maybe you could move the bottom system of page 1 to page 2 to get a 5 + 4 system distribution instead of 6 + 3?

Olimar12345

Hi Bloop! Thank you for looking it over! Good comments, I have made all of your recommended changes. Thank you!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Bloop

Double posting because I happened to also take a look at:

Sector 4
-This piece seems mostly be in Bb minor, though that mostly only becomes clear from m16 on. Thoughts on including a key signature there or for the whole piece?
-m12 beat 3.5 to m15: There seems to be a lower Bb here in the strings too. If the R.H. takes the top notes here, the L.H. can play that lower Bb.
-m44: The Bb in the R.H. on beat 2 is an octave higher in the original
-m47: I'm assuming you used the Bbb here in the R.H. for a Gbm chord, but maybe you could write it as an An too, as it's functionally similar to dropping to a leading tone?

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bloop on July 12, 2024, 01:03:09 PMDouble posting because I happened to also take a look at:

Sector 4
-This piece seems mostly be in Bb minor, though that mostly only becomes clear from m16 on. Thoughts on including a key signature there or for the whole piece?
-m12 beat 3.5 to m15: There seems to be a lower Bb here in the strings too. If the R.H. takes the top notes here, the L.H. can play that lower Bb.
-m44: The Bb in the R.H. on beat 2 is an octave higher in the original
-m47: I'm assuming you used the Bbb here in the R.H. for a Gbm chord, but maybe you could write it as an An too, as it's functionally similar to dropping to a leading tone?

Great suggestions, I've done them all. I added the key signature at 16. The file has been updated!

Bloop

Awesome! Maybe a cautionary accidental on the top Bb in m12 beat 3.5 would be nice, just to be sure? Either way I'll approve!

Olimar12345