Console: PlayStation 4
Title: Gentle Madman
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Latios212

Just finished this game this morning, what a masterpiece

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Not much to say!
  • I feel like by repeating m1-2 4 times you lose the opportunity to add some sort of build-up to this part of the arrangement. Thoughts?
  • A lot of the note dots are placed on the wrong line when you're using mutiple layers, such as on the LH A in m12
  • m16 & 17: The RH rests could be moved down a little, to keep them more similar to 15 and 18

Latios212

Thank you for the quick check! :)

- Good point, I broke it into two parts, the latter having some rhythm in the left hand to emulate the percussion similar to the end section! (Note that this adds two measures to the measures referenced in your other comments)
- Wow I, uh... am not sure I ever paid attention to that >< I'm not sure if there's a way to just flip the dot, so I changed the document settings to avoid freezing stem directions and just manually flipped everything that needed to be flipped, and I think that addressed it
- Moved down in 19, I think 18 is still fine since the lower voice is on the staff

Files updated!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on June 23, 2024, 05:47:19 PMI changed the document settings to avoid freezing stem directions and just manually flipped everything that needed to be flipped
this doesn't sound fun, but at a glance I couldn't find an easier way either...

Changes look good, approved!

Bloop

Just a few small things!
-m5: I don't hear the chord on beat 2 rolled
-m14 and 17: The dots on the R.H. F on beat 2 should be above the staff line
-The fretless bass solo later on is a bit finnicky to play, especially if you wanna hold notes over into the next bar, but I don't think there's an easier way to write it out atm. However, you could tie over the F in m14 beat 4.5, like you did with most tied notes, as it still rings on there.

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on July 04, 2024, 11:39:38 AM-m5: I don't hear the chord on beat 2 rolled
Hm, I still feel like it is, perhaps quite quickly? Stylistically I think it also makes sense to reduce the crunchiness of the D-Eb minor second and highlight the melody G a bit better. Let me know if you still disagree though.

Quote from: Bloop on July 04, 2024, 11:39:38 AM-m14 and 17: The dots on the R.H. F on beat 2 should be above the staff line
aaaaaaa so what I did earlier did have an unintended side effect. I assume you mean 17 and 20? There's probably a better way, but I poked them manually for now

Quote from: Bloop on July 04, 2024, 11:39:38 AM-The fretless bass solo later on is a bit finnicky to play, especially if you wanna hold notes over into the next bar, but I don't think there's an easier way to write it out atm. However, you could tie over the F in m14 beat 4.5, like you did with most tied notes, as it still rings on there.
Yup yup, agreed. Sounds good!

Files updated except for the first point, thanks for checking!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on July 13, 2024, 07:43:48 PMHm, I still feel like it is, perhaps quite quickly? Stylistically I think it also makes sense to reduce the crunchiness of the D-Eb minor second and highlight the melody G a bit better. Let me know if you still disagree though.
It is a stylistic thing to play some chords with a veeeeery slight delay between notes, but that isn't really similar to a roll like the other rolls in this section. It's more a way to distribute the weight between the fingers, rather than actively rolling a chord.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 13, 2024, 07:43:48 PMaaaaaaa so what I did earlier did have an unintended side effect. I assume you mean 17 and 20? There's probably a better way, but I poked them manually for now
Ah yep, looks good!

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on July 14, 2024, 11:42:27 AMIt is a stylistic thing to play some chords with a veeeeery slight delay between notes, but that isn't really similar to a roll like the other rolls in this section. It's more a way to distribute the weight between the fingers, rather than actively rolling a chord.
Alrighty, unrolled!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot