Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Zoo Tycoon
Console: PC
Title: Title Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Code_Name_Geek

Code_Name_Geek

This sounds like an abrupt loop but it's like that in the game too.

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on June 10, 2024, 11:18:11 AMThis sounds like an abrupt loop but it's like that in the game too.
Doesn't surprise me for a 2001 PC game lol

- This piece is in A mixolydian, so it should be written in A major (three sharps) with G naturals in the melody.
- For the left hand patterns in the even-numbered measures, I think it sounds a bit more chromatic - that is to say G#/D# instead of G/D - but I'm not too sure. What do you think?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on July 13, 2024, 07:53:22 PM- This piece is in A mixolydian, so it should be written in A major (three sharps) with G naturals in the melody.
Oh man, I totally meant to add a key signature but I must have forgotten. Done, thanks!

Quote from: Latios212 on July 13, 2024, 07:53:22 PM- For the left hand patterns in the even-numbered measures, I think it sounds a bit more chromatic - that is to say G#/D# instead of G/D - but I'm not too sure. What do you think?
That's a tricky spot to hear. I wasn't sure either - neither of them were sounding quite right to me, so I sought a third opinion from a friend and he heard it as Gn/Cn to A/C#. That sounds the most right to me so far... thoughts?

Quote from: Latios212 on July 13, 2024, 07:53:22 PMDoesn't surprise me for a 2001 PC game lol
The funny thing is that this would play during the entire lengthy installation process so the abrupt loop was really obvious... imagine listening to this for like half an hour while waiting for the game to install off of several discs haha.

Thanks for the feedback!

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on July 21, 2024, 12:46:46 PMThat's a tricky spot to hear. I wasn't sure either - neither of them were sounding quite right to me, so I sought a third opinion from a friend and he heard it as Gn/Cn to A/C#. That sounds the most right to me so far... thoughts?
I'm hearing G# and B# to A and C#, but if you prefer you could write it as G#/D# to A/E to sound less muddy on the piano. Whichever option you prefer, but it's definitely G# for the low note!

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: XiaoMigros on July 21, 2024, 04:27:58 PMI'm hearing G# and B# to A and C#, but if you prefer you could write it as G#/D# to A/E to sound less muddy on the piano. Whichever option you prefer, but it's definitely G# for the low note!
Sounds good, I'll trust you on the G#! Also good call on spelling it as a B# instead. I actually like the thirds, I feel it captures the muddiness of the original haha.

Thanks for taking a look/listen!

XiaoMigros

Perfect, that's my preferred option too! The rest looks good to me :)

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot