News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG CXXIII Player Will-Be's (Sign-ups)

Started by mastersuperfan, May 26, 2024, 07:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

TWG CXXIII: A Dance of Fire and Ice

Wolves:
1. Arcanine, the Fire Wolf: Every night, can choose one living player to burn permanently and (from N2 on) one living player to paint red for that night only. The painted target is seered red by the Fire Seer that night (even if they are also painted by the Ice Wolf).
2. Ninetales, the Ice Wolf: Every night, can choose one living player to chill permanently and (from N2 on) one living player to paint blue for that night only. The painted target is seered blue by the Ice Seer that night (even if they are also painted by the Fire Wolf).

Players who are either burned or chilled, but not both, have their vote cut in half and are not told that they are burned or chilled. Players who are both burned and chilled die at the end of the night phase. Wolves are affected by these status conditions in the same way as humans.

The wolves are not told each other's identity and have separate wincons, but they may win together if they are the last two players alive.

Humans:
3. Human
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human

Special powers:
  • Sear, the Fire Seer: At the start of the game, a player other than the Fire Wolf is chosen at random to wield the power of the Fire Seer (i.e. the Ice Wolf could also be the Fire Seer). Each night starting from N2, can choose one living player to seer. Seers red players red (even if also painted blue by the Ice Wolf that night) and other players green.
  • Icier, the Ice Seer: At the start of the game, a player other than the Ice Wolf is chosen at random to wield the power of the Ice Seer (i.e. the Fire Wolf could also be the Ice Seer). Each night starting from N2, can choose one living player to seer. Seers blue players blue (even if also painted red by the Fire Wolf that night) and other players green.

If both seering roles go to the same player, or if both seering roles go to wolves, then the seer role distribution is rerandomized.

Win conditions:
  • The Fire Wolf wins when (a) the Ice Wolf is dead and they have at least 50% of the voting power (or inevitably will by the end of the night), or (b) the Ice Wolf is alive and all humans are dead.
  • The Ice Wolf wins when (a) the Fire Wolf is dead and they have at least 50% of the voting power (or inevitably will by the end of the night), or (b) the Fire Wolf is alive and all humans are dead.
  • Humans win when both wolves are dead.

Host clarifications:
- N1 start.
- Instas are OFF. Lynching is required (no lynch is not an option). Phantoms are in play.
- Real vote totals (e.g. including the halving from burn/chill) will be published following each lynch.
- Cardflips are off.
- First night phase will be 48 hours. Subsequent night phases will be 24 hours; day phases will be 48 hours.

---

Players:
1. Oricorio
2. BlackDragonSlayer
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. SpecsFlyer17
5. XiaoMigros
6. Nana1Popo2
7. TheZeldaPianist

Subs:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

XiaoMigros

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

mastersuperfan

All right, one more slot left!

Is anyone who signed up no longer able to play at this time?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SpecsFlyer17

TheZeldaPianist275

Tough to say no to a game with Xiao and N1P2. I am tentatively in but I'm running a marathon this weekend and for sure would not be able to pay attention till Sunday. MSF handle however you want—if you find someone and want to get the game going more quickly than that, no offense taken at all!

mastersuperfan

Exciting!

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on June 20, 2024, 06:22:58 PMTough to say no to a game with Xiao and N1P2. I am tentatively in but I'm running a marathon this weekend and for sure would not be able to pay attention till Sunday. MSF handle however you want—if you find someone and want to get the game going more quickly than that, no offense taken at all!

At the rate sign-ups are going, I'm not sure anyone else will be joining — I'm perfectly happy to wait a few more days to start. Let's plan on you joining and the game starting this Sunday (6/23). (That said, if anyone else is interested, do say so and we can work out something or at the least mark you down as a sub!)

One thing I want to poll everyone for: What phase change time works best for people? I was thinking along the lines of 8 PM EDT, but if this is inconvenient for too many people (i.e. too late for Europeans or too early for west coasters), I'm happy to move it up or down accordingly.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 20, 2024, 08:23:39 PMOne thing I want to poll everyone for: What phase change time works best for people? I was thinking along the lines of 8 PM EDT, but if this is inconvenient for too many people (i.e. too late for Europeans or too early for west coasters), I'm happy to move it up or down accordingly.
I'd say that time works well enough for me. It's 5pm on the west coast, so not too bad.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

Agreed with BDS^. Although most of my shifts are closes and I might not be around precisely at phase change, I can always sneak a peek at work. Doesn't bother me if it is easiest.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Oricorio

8pm isn't ideal for me but it should work out fine enough. Also still playing

SpecsFlyer17

I can make  8:00p EDT work. The earlier, the better for me though- Central European Time here, at least through the summer months. Sometimes I'm up late anyways though, and I'm often working at weird hours anyway.