[3DS] Pokémon X & Pokémon Y - "Trainers' Eyes Meet (Roller Skater)" by Kricketune54

Started by Zeta, May 20, 2024, 02:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Trainers' Eyes Meet (Roller Skater)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Kricketune54

Bloop

-m1: Maybe you could add a grace note En to the R.H.?
-m2/4/6/8: The L.H. Ab-Bb at the start should be an octave lower. Also, there's a Gb on beat 4.25, though admittedly that makes the jump down to the lower F and Fb a bit harder. The F-Fb seems to be a slide though, so maybe you could just leave out the Fb in that case?
-m3/5/7/9: The 16th in beat 2.5 could be a staccato 8th too
-m5 and 9: The run starting on beat 3 is technically possible using the R.H. thumb on the Ab and Bb, but it feels a bit unusual (I think I haven't had a need to use the thumb for two black keys rather than two white keys). You could consider using just the Ab or the Bb instead of both here, but leaving it as is is fine too: you could even add the fingering to help the player out here.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on July 10, 2024, 01:24:45 PM-m1: Maybe you could add a grace note En to the R.H.?
Added!

Quote from: Bloop on July 10, 2024, 01:24:45 PMm2/4/6/8: The L.H. Ab-Bb at the start should be an octave lower. Also, there's a Gb on beat 4.25, though admittedly that makes the jump down to the lower F and Fb a bit harder. The F-Fb seems to be a slide though, so maybe you could just leave out the Fb in that case?
The octave bit was intentional - I usually don't like going that deep on the piano, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to be consistent with the rest of the measure. As for the Gb, I was hearing that as a restruct Fn, and I simplified so that 4.0 and 4.25 is just an 8th note but if 4.5 is going to be an 8th note I will add 4.25 and correctly make it a Gb.

Quote from: Bloop on July 10, 2024, 01:24:45 PM-m3/5/7/9: The 16th in beat 2.5 could be a staccato 8th too
Good point! fixed.

Quote from: Bloop on July 10, 2024, 01:24:45 PM-m5 and 9: The run starting on beat 3 is technically possible using the R.H. thumb on the Ab and Bb, but it feels a bit unusual (I think I haven't had a need to use the thumb for two black keys rather than two white keys). You could consider using just the Ab or the Bb instead of both here, but leaving it as is is fine too: you could even add the fingering to help the player out here.
Yeah that's too weird imo. I removed the Ab

Updated! Thanks