Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: DuckTales 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Last Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fullmetalgrudo

Fullmetalgrudo

Here is my transcription of Ducktales 2 - Last Stage by Minae Fuji!

MP3 from Musescore:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdFWHCds9fJE2blRa-7GzcDG9gqMvc1q/view?usp=drive_link

Sorry for the bad quality of the .mus file... If someone is willing to explain to me how to modify it, I would really appreciate! The pdf was exported from Musescore but I used the NSM [MU4] v2.3.A4 style file though.

Original:

Kricketune54

Quote from: Fullmetalgrudo on May 20, 2024, 03:26:04 AMSorry for the bad quality of the .mus file... If someone is willing to explain to me how to modify it, I would really appreciate! The pdf was exported from Musescore but I used the NSM [MU4] v2.3.A4 style file though.
You might be able to fix some of the formatting/visual differences with the .mus file and the expected layout with this article? https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=12538.0. It should give a pretty good idea of what can be fixed.

•  I see what you mean though, notes are not swinging correctly.
•  I don't know if it's a byproduct of some sort of conversion issue, but there's a lot of Gn's for first 8 measures that should have a natural accidental.

lmk if this article helps!

Fullmetalgrudo

Hi! Thanks for your review :)

About the G notes that haven't got the natural, it's an issue that happened when I imported the file on NotePad because the accidentals are there in Musescore :/ I don't know how to fix that. The naturals can't be added alone in NotePad. I have to rewrite the notes. I tried but that was messy... Maybe I'll retry later... And I have several error messages when importing the XML, maybe the solution is there somehow? Do you want me to report them here? Or should I report them elsewhere? I noticed also that the XML wasn't accepted by the XML cleaner (unlike my previous work)...

About the swing... In my opinion, if there isn't the swing when playing the midi, that is not an issue since we just need the sheet music, right? By the way, the swing is finely played in Musescore as it can be heard with the mp3 I've put in my previous post.

EDIT: I've figured out how to correct those Gn's on NotePad but I still have some issues to deal with, I'll do an update soon!

Fullmetalgrudo

Update:

Changes made on Musescore:
- Changed the "Swing 8ths" from system text to staff text so it doesn't confuse the XML cleaner nor NotePad (Musescore doesn't render the swing anymore but it's not an issue for the sheet music). There are less error messages on NotePad and it knows how to deal with the Swing text (thanks to Cacabish)!
- Set 3 measures per system instead of 4 for the four first systems so it would have enough space for the beginning (especially for measure 2, 3, 6 & 7 that were crushed as soon as it has been imported into NotePad)
- Removed the beaming m1, 3, 5 & 7 b0.25

Changes made on NotePad:
- Corrected the Gb's generated by NotePad to Gn's
- Removed the 3rd pedal text (it didn't work well in NotePad)
- Corrected some slurs here and there

Files updated

Kricketune54

Quote from: Fullmetalgrudo on July 28, 2024, 08:30:30 AMUpdate:

Changes made on Musescore:
- Changed the "Swing 8ths" from system text to staff text so it doesn't confuse the XML cleaner nor NotePad (Musescore doesn't render the swing anymore but it's not an issue for the sheet music). There are less error messages on NotePad and it knows how to deal with the Swing text (thanks to Cacabish)!
I think the swing issue might have to be figured out separately by one of us with full Finale. I tried copying over the exact notes to the NinSheet template and the swing playback was not working on that as well...

Quote from: Fullmetalgrudo on July 28, 2024, 08:30:30 AM- Set 3 measures per system instead of 4 for the four first systems so it would have enough space for the beginning (especially for measure 2, 3, 6 & 7 that were crushed as soon as it has been imported into NotePad)
- Removed the beaming m1, 3, 5 & 7 b0.25

Looks good!

• RH m3 in MuseScore, is the whole note in the second layer? you could swap layers 1 and 2 otherwise, because in Notepad the Db in m3 is not connected to the Db in m2. Overall, I'd swap the measure layers around like this for m3-4 (also applies to m7-8 RH) but not sure if it's just a matter of it not showing up in Notepad correctly
measure layer swap
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
• There is a double bar missing between the key change at m8 and m9
• My last comment also is the mezzo forte in m1 would look a little cleaner if it was directly above the notehead of beat 1.0  as opposed to in the middle of beat 1.5 and 2.0. Notes all are correct for the track from what I can tell.

Fullmetalgrudo

I agree with your suggestions. I did all the modifications and updated the files! Thanks!

I had to deal with the double bar and the swapping of the voices in Musescore because I think I couldn't add the double bar in NotePad (but if I'm wrong please tell me how it could have been done!) and I couldn't just swap the voices in NotePad so I started rewriting them but I don't know how to write the grace note (once again, if you know how to do it easily, I would be glad to know it ^^'). So those changes were made in Musescore and I had to modify again things like the Gn's and the slurs ^^' I think that for my next submission, I will submit the "ugly" pdf from NotePad and I will wait for the review before making any change just in case those changes would have to be done in Musescore and thus avoiding redo all the painful changes that has to be done because of NotePad pranks x)

Kricketune54

Quote from: Fullmetalgrudo on July 31, 2024, 03:03:57 AMI agree with your suggestions. I did all the modifications and updated the files! Thanks!

I had to deal with the double bar and the swapping of the voices in Musescore because I think I couldn't add the double bar in NotePad (but if I'm wrong please tell me how it could have been done!) and I couldn't just swap the voices in NotePad so I started rewriting them but I don't know how to write the grace note (once again, if you know how to do it easily, I would be glad to know it ^^'). So those changes were made in Musescore and I had to modify again things like the Gn's and the slurs ^^' I think that for my next submission, I will submit the "ugly" pdf from NotePad and I will wait for the review before making any change just in case those changes would have to be done in Musescore and thus avoiding redo all the painful changes that has to be done because of NotePad pranks x)

To be honest, I don't think any of the things I pointed out can be addressed within Notepad. It's been years at this point since I went from Notepad to full Finale, but I am pretty confident that barring basic note changes, dynamics, and accents, there's not much else you can do in it. Grace notes might be one of those things, if I recall that you can't do.

Just so I understand, you plan in the future to submit the Notepad files, and then make changes to MuseScore and make new Notepad files from that file to then update your submissions? Not sure how that's different from current.

This sheet does have my approval, though I will be sending you on discord files with some minor rest updates (some stuff is out of position comparing my screenshot to your updates, specifically rest positions at m3).

Fullmetalgrudo

QuoteTo be honest, I don't think any of the things I pointed out can be addressed within Notepad. It's been years at this point since I went from Notepad to full Finale, but I am pretty confident that barring basic note changes, dynamics, and accents, there's not much else you can do in it. Grace notes might be one of those things, if I recall that you can't do.

You can modify slurs and beaming, move text and lines... So a few things more (and I may not have find all of the (few) possibilities) :)

QuoteJust so I understand, you plan in the future to submit the Notepad files, and then make changes to MuseScore and make new Notepad files from that file to then update your submissions? Not sure how that's different from current.

It would be different because, now that I know how things work, I check and modify things after importing the musicxml and before submitting. Like moving stacattos, ottavas, text (subtitle, tempo mark...), dynamics, slurs, maybe changing notes (like this time)... All of this is because of NotePad's whims and therefore has to be made in NotePad. This changes in NotePad take time and if I have modifications that I must do in Musescore, I have to do all these things all over again before submitting. So I won't do them before submitting the first time. I will wait for the review and then I'll do them (so the approval will need at least two steps). The plan here is to correct NotePad's errors just once. So if you prefer the pdf from NotePad anyway, I'll send it (because that's what I'm supposed to do) but this pdf will not be good the first time (and so will be the mus and maybe mid) or else I can send the files from Musescore so you'll have something cleaner and close to the intended appearance. But in one case or the other, I'll obviously clean the mus file afterwards.

QuoteThis sheet does have my approval, though I will be sending you on discord files with some minor rest updates (some stuff is out of position comparing my screenshot to your updates, specifically rest positions at m3).

I copy here my message from Discord:

In fact, I intentionnaly put the rests in m3 and m7 below the whole note because they are part of the second voice (and furthermore its melodic line starts below the staff)! But I can accept your modifications for the rests that are before the last eighth note in these two measures (but not for the first rests).
For the measures 4 and 8, I accept it too. In fact, I tried to do it but NotePad added automatically the rest for voice 2 even if I deleted it. So thanks for this!

Fullmetalgrudo

Finally accepted all the modifications. :)

Files modified by Kricketune54 have been updated.