[NDS] Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version - "Dragon's Den (Two Pianos)" by amc

Started by Zeta, March 26, 2024, 08:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Dragon's Den
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: amc

amc

Dropped my phone in McDonald's sprite and that mf started charging

Bloop

Hiya! Before I start leaving comments on this sheet, I wanted to make sure if you'll be around to make changes? Your other sub has been archived for inactivity, so I just wanted to make sure ^^

amc

Bloop

Alrighty! Feel free to re-upload your Super Mario 3D World sheet too, since it was pretty close to being accepted ^^

I have some general comments at first:
-It looks like you've arranged a shaker percussion voice in the L.H. of Piano II, but that voice isn't that overpowering in the original. I think it'd be better to leave it out and focus on some other instruments that add more to the sheet. For example, in m8 the droning voice from m1-7 starts playing a bassline, and in m17 and on, there's a new low string instrument playing a bassline in octaves.
-For Piano I, it's probably best to keep the notes you want the L.H. to play in the L.H., like in m1-7 and in other similar places. Right here it's not that hard to differentiate yet, but in measures like m22 it's hard to see what you want the player to play in which hand. In m17-22, there are some grace notes in the oboe you could add here too.
-Harmonically the piece is kinda ambiguous while at the same time tending towards C#m and G#m at the same time. I think that with all the A#'s in the piece and the fact that most of the bass instruments in the original center around G#, G#m might make more sense (5 sharps)

amc