News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra - "Masked Dedede" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, March 18, 2024, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Masked Dedede
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

LeviR.star

Some of the dyads between m. 16 and 19 are a bit tricky to play right now, but I'll leave it up to the updaters as to where they can be simplified for the performers' sake. Other than that, I feel pretty good about this sheet, so ask questions if you have any.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Honestly, given how intense this piece is, this is actually a very straightforward sheet, at least structurally. Nice work!

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 18, 2024, 05:41:50 PMSome of the dyads between m. 16 and 19 are a bit tricky to play right now, but I'll leave it up to the updaters as to where they can be simplified for the performers' sake.
They're tricky at that speed yeah, but I think it's fine to leave it up to the performer to skip some thirds if they want. However, I do think that m. 19 is a bit much and would maybe suggest simplifying it somewhere around beats 2.5-4.

Just two other things to mention:
- I think the tempo in the intro is a bit slower, around q=140, with the jump to q=150 at bar 5
- I'm hearing the chords quite differently from how you have them in m. 5:
You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on March 22, 2024, 05:05:42 PM- However, I do think that m. 19 is a bit much and would maybe suggest simplifying it somewhere around beats 2.5-4.
- I think the tempo in the intro is a bit slower, around q=140, with the jump to q=150 at bar 5
- I'm hearing the chords quite differently from how you have them in m. 5:

- got it, how does that look?
- oh you're right, I hadn't even noticed that. Fixed
- mmm, I had trouble deciphering those myself, might've been the overtones or something. Instead of stressing over transcribing different possible versions of those chords, I'll just go with what you have, I trust your ears better than my own for this

Files are fixed; thank you, Latios.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Awesome, you're welcome! Everything looks good to me so I shall approve :)

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

-m4: Maybe instead of Cb you could use Bn here? It sounds like it's supposed to resolve back to a C
-m5: There's a little orchestra hit run going on that sounds like it's going Cb-Ab, Bb-G, Cb-Ab, Bb-G, Cb Ab Bb Cb. Including it with the chords I'd probably arrange it like this myself, but maybe see if you like something else instead or just wanna keep it as is:
-m21: I think the high C is on beat 3.25 instead of on a second note of a triplet?

That's all though, looking good!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on March 31, 2024, 11:59:17 AM-m4: Maybe instead of Cb you could use Bn here? It sounds like it's supposed to resolve back to a C
-m5: There's a little orchestra hit run going on that sounds like it's going Cb-Ab, Bb-G, Cb-Ab, Bb-G, Cb Ab Bb Cb. Including it with the chords I'd probably arrange it like this myself, but maybe see if you like something else instead or just wanna keep it as is:
-m21: I think the high C is on beat 3.25 instead of on a second note of a triplet?

- I have no objections to that, changed it
- it sounds a little weird at first, but fairly close to the original, and I imagine that you arranged it this way to make performing it easier, so it works for me. Did you want the other similar patterns to do the same?
- I think you're right, fixed it

Files are updated; thank you Bloop!

Bloop

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 31, 2024, 09:57:16 PM- it sounds a little weird at first, but fairly close to the original, and I imagine that you arranged it this way to make performing it easier, so it works for me. Did you want the other similar patterns to do the same?
Yeah my version was mostly edited for performance while keeping the back and forth orchestra hit line. In the other sections there's no back and forth melody, just repeated notes, so those are fine!

I can accept!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot