News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oricorio

Has Xiao randed as wolf before? Quietness at the beginning of a game may be a sign of a wolf that doesn't know what to do

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on December 03, 2023, 04:26:33 PMAnd since some people are confused as to what "bastard" means in a mafia context, here's a short definition: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/wiki/Bastard_Mod
lol that sounds absolutely wild

Quote from: Oricorio on December 03, 2023, 04:29:13 PMHas Xiao randed as wolf before? Quietness at the beginning of a game may be a sign of a wolf that doesn't know what to do
Not that I recall.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

therealmathguy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 03, 2023, 04:23:26 PMPretty sure what math meant is that Oricorio commented about Waluigi's blue seering result without calling it out?
Yes

Toby

Quote from: Oricorio on December 03, 2023, 04:26:33 PMNot sure I like the Specs lynch, they seem to be a standard earlygame lynch at this point and they weren't as wolfy as the first game I played with them. Would've preferred to nuke an inactive slot, but whatever.

And since some people are confused as to what "bastard" means in a mafia context, here's a short definition: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/wiki/Bastard_Mod

Specs was only lynched day 2 last game and apart from when he was an assassin in a game before I don't remember him being lynched another time

The most inactive slots would be math or TZP at this point I believe. But neither are as inactive as we've seen people be in previous games. I'm hoping activity picks up for both

TheZeldaPianist275

Rereading the end of D1 I'm honestly surprised and a little concerned at how much momentum that Specs lynch picked up toward the end. When Specs changed his vote to Math, that made it 3 on Math to 2 on him (and 1 on Xiao from N1P2). N1P2 then flipped to Specs to tie it up 3-3, and then Toby pushed the lynch onto Specs in the last half hour of the phase. As a human, I was already somewhat ambivalent about whether I wanted to lynch Specs or a less active player, and I think that most human players would feel the same, so I could interpret Toby's last-minute vote switch as a no-other-choice protection move for Math as a wolf partner. If Specs wasn't a wolf, I'd say this suggests itself to me as the most likely possibility.

N1P2, it's very likely that you're going to die tonight--please don't go gently! If you have info on the side from the alts or especially the Chosen One, please share it before you die so that that player doesn't have to expose himself.

TheZeldaPianist275

Also N1P2 this is not relevant to the game but I remember really liking some of your arrangements when I joined the site in like 2013. You did the Mario ground theme from Brawl back in the day, right?

Toby

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 04, 2023, 08:17:54 AMRereading the end of D1 I'm honestly surprised and a little concerned at how much momentum that Specs lynch picked up toward the end. When Specs changed his vote to Math, that made it 3 on Math to 2 on him (and 1 on Xiao from N1P2). N1P2 then flipped to Specs to tie it up 3-3, and then Toby pushed the lynch onto Specs in the last half hour of the phase. As a human, I was already somewhat ambivalent about whether I wanted to lynch Specs or a less active player, and I think that most human players would feel the same, so I could interpret Toby's last-minute vote switch as a no-other-choice protection move for Math as a wolf partner. If Specs wasn't a wolf, I'd say this suggests itself to me as the most likely possibility.

N1P2, it's very likely that you're going to die tonight--please don't go gently! If you have info on the side from the alts or especially the Chosen One, please share it before you die so that that player doesn't have to expose himself.

I want to point out I didn't just turn in the last 30 mins I had been discussing Specs as an option for half of the last day

Specs made 2 mistakes of over exaggerating his points in his accusations. As a human if he is trying to find the wolves he wouldn't be over exaggerating points for his accusations, he would be making an honest case. I seen it as an attempt to swap peoples with false information. There was also a couple weird comments he had made which I had highlighted.

I don't find it surprising he gained votes at all I thought it felt good for a day 1. I am surprised that you're surprised though given you voted him and didn't say anything against anyone else lol. I also thought that both yourself and math voting for him was quite damning when 1) you both know him irl and 2) you both had private conversations with him.

Nana1Popo2

My parting words:

Someone here and I have been in consistent contact with my findings in game. I won't disclose them until they wish to, but I decided to trust them early on and since then (to my sheepish mind) has not shown any wolfy tendencies.
They will likely come forth after my passing, but if they choose not to, in order to protect their identity, they dont have to. If I'm alive, well then howdy-doody this became easier lol.

First, both TWGs have contacted me over the past day cycle. Starting with Waluigi.

QuoteHey, I'm the Aloof Seer... WAH

I didn't realise you claimed to topic and was asking for claims. I've not been keeping up. It's [redacted name that will be revealed later] btw.

Basically, I claimed I had a blue result just to see if there was any reactions. Plus, I wasn't sure if it was even a good idea to reveal my real Seer result to the topic at that point.

N1 I got that math was green, but from my perspective, I thought revealing who I seered would help wolves narrow down who I could be. When I decided it probably wasn't best to name the person I seered, I thought "Why not just say I got a blue result and see who picks up on it?". I thought it was worth a try, and think it got some interesting reactions.
[...]

(a later quote from Waluigi after i misread and asked for clarification):
QuoteI put it in the topic at the start of the day just to spark conversation.

I think BDS' reaction was interesting and I would give him human read for it.

I've only told you that I seered math green.

Lol k. So the plot thickens.
Then, 6 hours later I get another PM:

Quotehello im the CO, i can prove it to you by posting 'luiiigiii' (with 3 i's each) on the luigi account later today
This is from [also redacted name].

Later, the post is made in topic here.

--

As I'm running out of time, I will impart you with this:

If cool stuff happens overnight: Then TWG Luigi is the Aloof Seer. Waluigi owner is suspect (could be wolf, or miller/human fodder; need to discuss.)
If cool stuff doesnt happen: TWG Luigi is a wolf and needs to be lynched D2.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

davy

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything
Spoiler
Mortals

Wolves

1. Master Wolf
2. Redirection Wolf - During the night, can target a player, either living or dead, and another living player. If the first player is the Chosen One, the Aloof Seer will receive the color of the second player rather than the player targeted by the Aloof Seer. Loses this power once it has been used successfully.

Both wolves have access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role.

Humans

3. Chosen One - Has access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Seer role. Cannot be revived.
4. Sacrifical Lamb - Can revive a dead player other then themselves during the night phase. Single use. Can be used even if the Sacrifical Lamb is dead.
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Herring
9. Miller - Identity will be revealed privately to the wolves at the start of the game.

Divine Beings

1. Aloof Wolf Shaman
2. Aloof Seer - Seers blue players green.

- These two roles will be distributed randomly between the annonymous TWG accounts TWG Luigi and TWG Waluigi.
- Both wolves have access to the account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role, while the Chosen One as access to the account that obtained the Aloof Seer role.
- Dead players with access to an annonymous account can still partake in the game through the annonymous account that they have access to (they cannot partake with their own account anymore, though).
- Both Divine Beings cannot vote, cannot be lynched, cannot be wolf'd, cannot be targeted by any power, and do not count towards either team (Hence why they are called Aloof). They can use their seering power during the night, post in the topic and send or receive PMs.

Win Conditions

Wolves win at parity.
Humans win when both wolves are dead.

Other rules

N1 start.
No cardflips.
Instakills are enabled, phantoms are in play.
PMs are permitted.
Only living players can be seered.
If the Sacrifical Lamb targets the Chosen One, the power does not go through, but the single use will be retained for a later night phase.

[close]

Players:
1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. TheZeldaPianist275
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Toby
5. Oricorio
6. SpecsFlyer17
7. XiaoMigros
8. threalmathguy
9. Nana1Popo2

Substitutes:
1. The Musical Poet

Role PM's
Spoiler
[close]

Night 2 is over. XiaoMigros was wolf'd. ThatHiddenCharacter was revived.

It's now day 2. Day 2 ends december 6th 10:00AM PST/11:00AM MST/12:00PM CST/1:00PM EST/6:00PM GMT/7:00PM CET
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

BlackDragonSlayer

I was the one in contact with N1P2 all this time, but I guess the measures we took to ensure the release of info aren't necessary now, for... some reason.

wolves wyd
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

What the hell are the wolves even doing at this point? I guess we should look for at least one wolf in the "expected" nightkills

TheZeldaPianist275

Xiao?? N1P2 what the hell happened there? Does this qualify as "cool stuff happening overnight"?