News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oricorio

It is possible that THC is Luigi, as dead players can still post in the anonymous account and he still would have presumably gotten the seer results. I feel Luigi should tell the game if THC is truly their identity, but otherwise they should stay hidden to the thread at large.

Oricorio

Quote from: Oricorio on December 02, 2023, 01:41:05 PMIt is possible that THC is Luigi, as dead players can still post in the anonymous account and he still would have presumably gotten the seer results. I feel Luigi should tell the game if THC is truly their identity, but otherwise they should stay hidden to the thread at large.

But of course, if THC really is the Seer that seems like such bad luck that the kill had to be prompted by claiming to the wrong player. Still, if that's what happened, the Luigi account can state as such, which wolves might not have been counting on.

Toby

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on December 02, 2023, 12:35:09 PMI have an interesting note.

Perhaps I'm overthinking things and this isnt the right direction, you all tell me.

I PM BDS to soft claim, especially after slight conversation begins to arise about N1 actions like claiming SL, etc...
We decide to wait until something happens (thus TWG Waluigi came forward and davy responded)

I claim SL publicly.

I get a PM from Specs suggesting that i ask for the CO to privately claim to me, to which i can work with them to prove their access to the alt account. Then if i talk publicly after that, is up to me.
I think its a fair idea, and was beginning to think the same way anyway.

I post suggesting just this, but without full detail of the plan using the CO to prove the TWG account.

Then Toby jumps on board with believing me, once almost everyone said they werent SL, only to say the same thing (which hadnt been mentioned publicly yet?), in regards to finding the alt account.
Specs agrees, now we are boarding the train that is this idea.

The first two PM's i get to claim roles are Toby, claiming human, and Specs, claiming green. Specs, specifically saying in PM "i'll bite on Toby's plan." While i thought, wasnt this along the lines of your plan to me before i posted?... albeit, i dont think i needed the rest of the town to claim to me, i just need CO, but thats different.

My question is unless they had been PM'ing, how did they just nearly have the same plan and each post about it with the confidence that they would so easily believe me?

Theres a lot of layers to TWG, i get it, but big brain plays are out of my realm haha. Targeting a returning player like THC seems legit. Targeting a seer on BDS as a returning player sounds very plausible. ( i don't want to get in a conversation of who has "more" game experience, I'm just observing)

What can we make from this? Unless coincidental and I'm gearing caught up in it? (Also, yes its a great plan that anyone could have thought of, but the fact that no one else did before them two and the coincidence that they messaged first is interesting. Thats what im looking at)

It was me who suggested the CO claim though so that they can find the TWG seer account that is the human seer?

Quote from: Toby on December 01, 2023, 04:36:58 AMSomething we could consider is the sacrificial lamb claiming and then asking the chosen one to claim to them. The sacrificial lamb could then tell us if either twg Luigi or twg waluigi are the human seer without the risk of revealing the chosen one.

Because the sacraficial lamb can still use their power even when dead Im not seeing much of a down side to this. It just means they're guaranteed to be wolfed next but someone has to be wolfed, and in exchange we have an untouchable human seer for the rest of the game.

So I guess that's what Specs means by my plan since I suggested it? And then when everyone had confirmed they weren't the Sacrificial lamb (not nearly everyone, it was everyone), I suggested we all PM you our roles to help you trust the Chosen One quicker and to rule out counter claims. The only way the plan fails is if the sacrificial lamb was THC, but this can be verified so it would ensure you die at the next lynch. which isn't worth the gambit for wolves i dont think

Also I'd advise not revealing who claimed what, even if human

Nana1Popo2

The alt Seer account can still claim to me if its assumed im on the town spectrum.

In all honesty, i would see it as a safe bet? Also we need a backup plan on reviving candidates. Based on who dies N2, im thinking THC—it would be interesting to see the N1 death come back to actually talk
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 02, 2023, 12:59:20 PMS U S Z O N E —
- Toby: His insistence on getting the Sacrificial Lamb to claim with only a few hours left N1 was a bit strange. If it was a genuine push, it feels like it should've happened sooner—and if the thought just didn't cross his mind until then, it would've helped to mention that as well. Overall it felt like it was more to gain human credits but suggesting an idea which had little chance of coming to fruition under the circumstances, rather than actually trying to help the human team. His pushback over my suggestion that I'm either the miller or was seered by the wolves (which would explain why I wasn't the N1 wolfing) feels like distraction rather than a genuine push. The only issue with Toby being a wolf is that I don't think the Waluigi slip-up would've happened with Toby on the wolf team. Unless his partner just completely jumped the gun of their own volition (which, again, I'm not sure would've happened on Toby's watch), a wolf team with Toby on it would've likely had their plan to reveal their seering results laid out ahead of time. At the very least, I don't think Toby would've approved his partner of having free reign on Waluigi without checking in with Toby first. And I don't think Toby would've made the slip up himself.

I mean in my defence there was still 6 hours left in the phase when I posted my plan, which was 25% of the phase remaining. I didn't pay too much attention to the setup as I originally didn't see a way for alliance at signups but when I looked at the game the next day I posted my plan at irl 12pm which still had loads of time until the phase ended.

If it was as easy a plan to spot and say sooner then anyone else could have posted it sooner, and I do think 6 hours was still plenty of time but it was met with immediate resistance from yourself and specs when I posted it, causing it to not really go ahead until day.

Toby

Quote from: Oricorio on December 02, 2023, 01:41:05 PMIt is possible that THC is Luigi, as dead players can still post in the anonymous account and he still would have presumably gotten the seer results. I feel Luigi should tell the game if THC is truly their identity, but otherwise they should stay hidden to the thread at large.
If THC is luigi he should only reveal that to n1p2 not the topic. The wolves can redirect the chosen one even if dead so if that's revealed then none of the seering results will be reliable

Toby

Going by previous games I'd be happy to lynch any quieter players to get them out the way

right now I'm looking at Xaio or math guy. Xiao is usually more talkative so this is odd from him. Math guy I'm sure was only more talkative when he was a wolf, but I'm sure I called him out on that so could be a choice to resist himself

SpecsFlyer17

Toby, the plan was originally yours, although I went ahead and PM'd N1P2 suggesting he ask for CO claims, since Waluigi has more or less been confirmed as the fraud alt. Luigi could then prove the COs identity. With Waluigi out the equation, it became much easier to prove the COs identity.

When you later suggested everyone claim to N1P2, thats when I said "I'll bite on Tobys plan" to N1P2.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Toby

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 02, 2023, 02:12:27 PMToby, the plan was originally yours, although I went ahead and PM'd N1P2 suggesting he ask for CO claims, since Waluigi has more or less been confirmed as the fraud alt. Luigi could then prove the COs identity. With Waluigi out the equation, it became much easier to prove the COs identity.

When you later suggested everyone claim to N1P2, thats when I said "I'll bite on Tobys plan" to N1P2.

Did I not already say they should in topic?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on December 02, 2023, 01:44:34 PMBut of course, if THC really is the Seer that seems like such bad luck that the kill had to be prompted by claiming to the wrong player. Still, if that's what happened, the Luigi account can state as such, which wolves might not have been counting on.
Agree on both accounts.

Quote from: Toby on December 02, 2023, 01:59:42 PMI mean in my defence there was still 6 hours left in the phase when I posted my plan, which was 25% of the phase remaining. I didn't pay too much attention to the setup as I originally didn't see a way for alliance at signups but when I looked at the game the next day I posted my plan at irl 12pm which still had loads of time until the phase ended.

If it was as easy a plan to spot and say sooner then anyone else could have posted it sooner, and I do think 6 hours was still plenty of time but it was met with immediate resistance from yourself and specs when I posted it, causing it to not really go ahead until day.
I don't think that was the only reason. With 6 hours left I don't think there would've been enough time for the Sacrificial Lamb to claim and get enough players to verify their claim. Practically speaking, with a game that only has a 24 hour N1, something like that would've had to happen basically right away to be fully viable.

Quote from: Toby on December 02, 2023, 02:05:16 PMIf THC is luigi he should only reveal that to n1p2 not the topic. The wolves can redirect the chosen one even if dead so if that's revealed then none of the seering results will be reliable
Fair point.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Toby on December 02, 2023, 02:18:52 PMDid I not already say they should in topic?

Yeah, although I'll just share the PM I sent N1P2.

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 05:04:35 PMA potential idea to confirm the Chosen One's identity:

1. In he public thread, ask for the Chosen One to privately claim to you.

2. If anyone claims to you, give them an authentication password and ask that Luigi PMs it to you. If Luigi PMs you the password correctly, you can confirm that the original claimer is indeed the Aloof Seer, and thus human.

Up to you if you want to reveal the results in the public thread or not. You could revive them if needed.

N1P2 said it was a good plan, although pointed out that he couldn't revive the CO, which I overlooked.

Toby

i mean im not gonna not say a plan just because it's late in the phase. I didn't know if I'd be wolfed and I didn't want to die with that

Toby

Specs/TZP are you both and math guy conversations in PMs? Is math guy contributing more in pms than in topic ? He's only posted 5 times so far this game in topic but believe he contributed in pm more when he was a wolf

SpecsFlyer17

TWG Waluigi

WAH Waluigi WAH has WAH no WAH strong WAH suspicions WAH so WAH far WAH this WAH game WAH

WAH BlackDragonSlayer WAH caught WAH my WAH trick WAH first WAH so WAH probably WAH human WAH

WAH