TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Why would you be wolfed first over anyone else? Thats not been a precedent set in any of the previous games

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on December 02, 2023, 10:46:32 AMWhy would you be wolfed first over anyone else? Thats not been a precedent set in any of the previous games
...what? That's been a precedent set long before the current TWG revival (and in the first game post-revivial, I was the first person wolfed).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 02, 2023, 10:59:26 AM...what? That's been a precedent set long before the current TWG revival (and in the first game post-revivial, I was the first person wolfed).

Is this something that had happened in the past few games? A trend?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SpecsFlyer17

This is a weird discussion (potentially a distraction), but I'm curious as well.

Nothing Special: Wolfed N1
Numbers Game: Hosted
Assassins Gambit: Survived late into the game.
Lantern Keeper: Wolfed N2
TTT: Survived late into the game.

So kinda I guess?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Toby

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 02, 2023, 11:07:57 AMThis is a weird discussion (potentially a distraction), but I'm curious as well.

Nothing Special: Wolfed N1
Numbers Game: Hosted
Assassins Gambit: Survived late into the game.
Lantern Keeper: Wolfed N2
TTT: Survived late into the game.

So kinda I guess?
We have money: Wolfed N6
CXII: survives to end game as human
Hitler CXI: is a wolf
CX: is a wolf
CIX Shattered: idk but isnt wolfed night 1 and claims special when nearly lynched on day apparently

Am I missing something I've only seen you wolfed night 1 once in the last 10 games?

This is reading more as a misunderstanding than a wolf tell at this point

therealmathguy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 02, 2023, 10:59:26 AM...what? That's been a precedent set long before the current TWG revival (and in the first game post-revivial, I was the first person wolfed).
I haven't been on the site that long so I don't know the trend but it seems like you're playing at a sort of gambler's fallacy

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: threalmathguy on December 02, 2023, 11:22:03 AMI haven't been on the site that long so I don't know the trend but it seems like you're playing at a sort of gambler's fallacy
Quote from: Nakah on July 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PMManti Rule - Once upon a time, there was a TWG player who went by the name Manti. He was soooooo good at TWG, everybody died. Well, something like that. But he was really quite good, and ended up being wolfed on night 1 whenever he was human. And if he wasn't wolfed night 1, players reasoned that he must be a wolf that game and killed him. The Manti Rule refers to cases where players seem suspicious by the fact that they weren't wolfed early in the game.
It's generally a trend that veteran players or players who are seen to be more "dangerous" to the wolf team tend to be wolfed earlier on—unless the wolves shoot for a "random" wolfing to avoid giving the human team any info.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

I'm aware of the Manti Rule, just didnt know you felt like you were getting subjected to it as of late~
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SpecsFlyer17

Oh so you're really good at this game, huh?

Haha jk, I get where you're coming from.

I think it's a little too much to jump to a conclusion that you were wolf seer'd or are the miller based on that alone, but it's possible.

TheZeldaPianist275

As a member of the wolf team in Nothing Special 2, I can say that BDS' wolfing N1 was selected by random.org

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 02, 2023, 11:37:40 AMAs a member of the wolf team in Nothing Special 2, I can say that BDS' wolfing N1 was selected by random.org
:morton2:

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on December 02, 2023, 11:34:24 AMI'm aware of the Manti Rule, just didnt know you felt like you were getting subjected to it as of late~
Given the sudden injection of new players since the revival that's probably changed, but pre-revival it was generally accepted (IIRC) that I was more likely than average to be wolfed N1 than most players (and same with Davy as well when he was playing).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

There's also the fact that I've played in or hosted in every NSMTWG since I started playing which probably means I'm more likely to have a higher number of N1 wolfings by numbers alone.

But anyway I maintain that this feels like a very strange thing for Toby to push back against regardless.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm just more curious why you would exempt other old codgers such as myself, Toby, and Oricorio (and N1P2? Idk) from that calculation.

SpecsFlyer17

Yeah I get what you're saying.

Toby did quick to criticize you claiming you got wolf-seer'd or claiming you are the miller. I don't really see wolf!Toby being that aggressive to criticize if it were true; that's too obvious.