News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

.....sounds like you're not paying that much attention either, since Poet isn't playing

Oricorio

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 01, 2023, 12:55:50 PM.....sounds like you're not paying that much attention either, since Poet isn't playing

Guess not. I probably misremembered her indecisive answer as an in. ADHD I guess

Oricorio

To be absolutely fair, I've scumslipped worse, though somehow managed to get away with it

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 12:53:07 PMI'm tempted to say TMP, but it doesn't look like they're even shown up after the flip. Their posts are typically much more low key than what Waluigi posted. Who else would it be in character for to make such a mistake?

TMP is a sub though? Whats going on lol
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Oricorio

Judging by N0 posts, BDS, Toby, and SpecsFlyer seem to have thought really hard about the setup. Not saying they can't be wolves (although it's very unlikely BDS is one, though maybe he's aiming for towncred by pointing out his partner's slip) but they're almost certainly not the one who posted as Waluigi.

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 01:09:57 PMNinja'd there.

Scumslip lol, thats a funny term

I suppose it'd be "wolfslip" in this site's parlance. I've made an effort to use "wolf" instead of "scum" in sites where it's called Werewolf, but old habits die hard I guess

Oricorio

Oricorio

Maybe N1P? They seem to fit the mold of "not paying too close attention and around to post as Waluigi"

Nana1Popo2

Sorry, im just at work this afternoon (until 8:30 mst)

I love the catch on Waluigi. Waiting on the ruling!
Ill properly reply later on my lunch break
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TWG Waluigi on December 01, 2023, 10:06:33 AM
wah
WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
[close]
this is about what i expected for a first post from waluigi

good work, you got the memo

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 10:08:44 AMGTH, the proximity of the Waluigi's post to the wolfing leads me to believe he's the Aloof Wolf, but thats just speculation.
Normally I'd say it's coincidence (or the human could've also deliberately been waiting until the end of phase), but given Waluigi's next post I'm inclined to agree.

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 12:22:06 PMNice catch. I think you're town, or at least not the same alignment as Waluigi.
My personal speculation is that I'm either the miller or was the wolves' N1 seering target. THC does feel like a particularly random choice otherwise.

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 12:53:07 PMI'm tempted to say TMP, but it doesn't look like they're even shown up after the flip. Their posts are typically much more low key than what Waluigi posted. Who else would it be in character for to make such a mistake?
Given his early confusion, I think N1P2 is at the perfect intersection of "would act exactly like that as Waluigi" and "might accidentally miss something important about the setup like that."

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 01, 2023, 12:55:50 PM.....sounds like you're not paying that much attention either, since Poet isn't playing
add oricorio to the list

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 01:10:39 PM(although it's very unlikely BDS is one, though maybe he's aiming for towncred by pointing out his partner's slip)
That'd be heeeeeeelllllllllaaaaaa risky considering it would basically confirm Luigi as the true seer and give the humans a pretty solid advantage. The only way I'd probably do that is if my partner was someone who had a near 100% chance of getting lynched early.

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 01:13:20 PMOh, this is why I thought she was playing the game.
You're right, I didn't realize Poet wasn't playing because that exact post.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, PLEASE DO NOT POST IN A GAME IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER (even if you're a sub).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 01:15:22 PMMaybe N1P? They seem to fit the mold of "not paying too close attention and around to post as Waluigi"
ninja'd

I tend to agree. Maaaaaybe also TZP, but I feel like TZP is more likely to have picked up on the fact that the human seer seers blue targets as green.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 01, 2023, 01:24:42 PMThat'd be heeeeeeelllllllllaaaaaa risky considering it would basically confirm Luigi as the true seer and give the humans a pretty solid advantage. The only way I'd probably do that is if my partner was someone who had a near 100% chance of getting lynched early.

Well, the thing is the slip was going to be called out anyway, so why not call it out if you're a wolf so you get the jump on town? The slip was almost certainly not planned, but that doesn't mean the wolves can't do damage control

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 01:33:53 PMWell, the thing is the slip was going to be called out anyway, so why not call it out if you're a wolf so you get the jump on town? The slip was almost certainly not planned, but that doesn't mean the wolves can't do damage control
I'd like to think that both partners would talk things through before posting, especially when claiming to reveal seer results :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Given what just happened, I think its fair to assume Waluigi is the Aloof Wolf. We'll see what davy says on the rules, but even if it's possible, it's extremely unlikely (as TZP pointed out).

That being said, Luigi (who we haven't heard from) is likely Aloof Seer.

Im trying to think if any drawbacks of Luigi sharing his seer result. I cant really think of any, besides potentially making a blue player a target for the next night.