News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 08:47:50 AMOf course, a lynch on the Sacrificial Lamb would still be a wasted lynch for town as well, so keep that in mind.

Yes true! Which is why a lot of trust is being given to that role to make the right calls, it seems. Hence "a lot of power this game."
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Toby

Do you mean wolves wolf the sacrificial lamb rather than lynch?

Nana1Popo2

TheZeldaPianist275

Phase ends are right in the middle of my work day this game lol. I don't have time to weigh in on much but I'll weigh in briefly on Toby's plan. The one hang up I see is that, while the plan loses value after N1, if the Sacrificial Lamb claims in the next sixty mins, won't the wolves just switch their target to the Lamb? There might not be enough time left for the actual Chosen One to see and claim, in which case we lose the lamb without the lamb being any wiser about who to revive down the road.

To Ice Climbers' point, the lamb dying in this way would confirm their role, but it's unlikely that the lamb would have been counterclaimed anyway, so that's a limited upside.

Nana1Popo2

Are night one wolfings a thing? I thought it was just for other roles to do stuff?

Also the jokes of my name usually getting nicknamed to "N1" being hard to differentiate here.

Toby

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on December 01, 2023, 09:10:02 AMAre night one wolfings a thing? I thought it was just for other roles to do stuff?

Also the jokes of my name usually getting nicknamed to "N1" being hard to differentiate here.

I've never seen wolves not being allowed to wolf night 1 so yeah there will be a wolfing tonight as I've not seen otherwise

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 01, 2023, 09:07:43 AMPhase ends are right in the middle of my work day this game lol. I don't have time to weigh in on much but I'll weigh in briefly on Toby's plan. The one hang up I see is that, while the plan loses value after N1, if the Sacrificial Lamb claims in the next sixty mins, won't the wolves just switch their target to the Lamb? There might not be enough time left for the actual Chosen One to see and claim, in which case we lose the lamb without the lamb being any wiser about who to revive down the road.

To Ice Climbers' point, the lamb dying in this way would confirm their role, but it's unlikely that the lamb would have been counterclaimed anyway, so that's a limited upside.

I guess so

There's not much time left now for the sacraficial lamb to claim, have the seer claim and then reveal that to the topic, while also ensuring no counter claims

Something we could consider going into day 1 maybe and hope the chosen one and sacrificial lamb wasn't killed night 1 idk? Suppose if chosen one is killed then they can reveal so via a TWG account maybe ? And if the  sacrificial lamb was killed they count prove a counter claim wrong by reviving someone specific.? It does get a bit awkward though

SpecsFlyer17

Besides being alive for the human count, does it really make much difference if the SL and CO are alive or dead? The SL can work his power while dead, and the CO can relay all information via a Luigi.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

XiaoMigros

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 09:33:29 AMBesides being alive for the human count, does it really make much difference if the SL and CO are alive or dead? The SL can work his power while dead, and the CO can relay all information via a Luigi.
in terms of powers no, but for the CO at least you wouldn't know who you're talking to via a luigi

Toby

Yeah not at all of a difference really. There is the argument they have a unique role so can claim it and if uncounterclaimed they are confirmed human and that's it

But in terms of ability usage it doesn't matter if they're dead

XiaoMigros

toby i like your thinking with that plan but i kinda feel like it costs too many humans?

Toby

What do you mean? It only asks the sacraficial lamb to claim which would lead to us finding the chosen one. If there is a chosen one counter claim then we find a wolf in exchange for our seer.

If the sacraficial lamb is counter claimed we lose a confirmed human in exchange for a wolf

If both are counter claimed we literally win the game because we are able to lynch 2 wolves in 4 lynches

davy

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything
Spoiler
Mortals

Wolves

1. Master Wolf
2. Redirection Wolf - During the night, can target a player, either living or dead, and another living player. If the first player is the Chosen One, the Aloof Seer will receive the color of the second player rather than the player targeted by the Aloof Seer. Loses this power once it has been used successfully.

Both wolves have access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role.

Humans

3. Chosen One - Has access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Seer role. Cannot be revived.
4. Sacrifical Lamb - Can revive a dead player other then themselves during the night phase. Single use. Can be used even if the Sacrifical Lamb is dead.
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Herring
9. Miller - Identity will be revealed privately to the wolves at the start of the game.

Divine Beings

1. Aloof Wolf Shaman
2. Aloof Seer - Seers blue players green.

- These two roles will be distributed randomly between the annonymous TWG accounts TWG Luigi and TWG Waluigi.
- Both wolves have access to the account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role, while the Chosen One as access to the account that obtained the Aloof Seer role.
- Dead players with access to an annonymous account can still partake in the game through the annonymous account that they have access to (they cannot partake with their own account anymore, though).
- Both Divine Beings cannot vote, cannot be lynched, cannot be wolf'd, cannot be targeted by any power, and do not count towards either team (Hence why they are called Aloof). They can use their seering power during the night, post in the topic and send or receive PMs.

Win Conditions

Wolves win at parity.
Humans win when both wolves are dead.

Other rules

N1 start.
No cardflips.
Instakills are enabled, phantoms are in play.
PMs are permitted.
Only living players can be seered.
If the Sacrifical Lamb targets the Chosen One, the power does not go through, but the single use will be retained for a later night phase.

[close]

Players:
1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. TheZeldaPianist275
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Toby
5. Oricorio
6. SpecsFlyer17
7. XiaoMigros
8. threalmathguy
9. Nana1Popo2

Substitutes:
1. The Musical Poet

Role PM's
Spoiler
[close]

Night 1 is over. ThatHiddenCharacter was wolfed.

Suffice to say he wasn't hidden well enough.

It's now Day 1. Day 1 ends december 3rd 10:00AM PST/11:00AM MST/12:00PM CST/1:00PM EST/6:00PM GMT/7:00PM CET
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

TWG Waluigi

SpecsFlyer17

SpecsFlyer17

GTH, the proximity of the Waluigi's post to the wolfing leads me to believe he's the Aloof Wolf, but thats just speculation.