TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 01:36:59 PMGiven what just happened, I think its fair to assume Waluigi is the Aloof Wolf. We'll see what davy says on the rules, but even if it's possible, it's extremely unlikely (as TZP pointed out).

That being said, Luigi (who we haven't heard from) is likely Aloof Seer.

Im trying to think if any drawbacks of Luigi sharing his seer result. I cant really think of any, besides potentially making a blue player a target for the next night.

But the town seer seers blue as green? Didn't someboday already make this mistake?

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 01, 2023, 01:35:14 PMI'd like to think that both partners would talk things through before posting, especially when claiming to reveal seer results :P

Waluigi outed their "result" 11 minutes after start of phase, barely any time to discuss anything

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 01:33:53 PMWell, the thing is the slip was going to be called out anyway, so why not call it out if you're a wolf so you get the jump on town? The slip was almost certainly not planned, but that doesn't mean the wolves can't do damage control

I already shared this with Math and Specs on the side—that was my initial thought, but BDS didn't reply until more than an hour and a half after the Waluigi seer claim. That's quite a long time to wait if he were a wolf just trying to bag easy human points. It's also very far from BDS' playstyle lol

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 01:42:57 PMBut the town seer seers blue as green? Didn't someboday already make this mistake?

Yeah, I meant it more as "we could get someone important targeted as the result of a positive trusted seer result".
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 01:44:17 PMWaluigi outed their "result" 11 minutes after start of phase, barely any time to discuss anything
That's assuming the wolves hadn't already discussed it the night before, which seems like the most logical thing to do. Pre-planning what they'd "reveal" as their results is the safest best. Revealing their actual results (especially if they seered a blue player) has a chance to backfire and help the humans.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 01, 2023, 01:50:30 PMThat's assuming the wolves hadn't already discussed it the night before, which seems like the most logical thing to do. Pre-planning what they'd "reveal" as their results is the safest best. Revealing their actual results (especially if they seered a blue player) has a chance to backfire and help the humans.

They wouldn't have known the results until the beginning of the phase though. Outing the "blue" specificly was unlikely to have been planned.

Oricorio

The idea that two wolves would have discussed outing a blue result for hours and not realize the obvious problems is simply absurd to me. I'd like to think that we're all smarter than that.

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 01:53:34 PMThe idea that two wolves would have discussed outing a blue result for hours and not realize the obvious problems is simply absurd to me. I'd like to think that we're all smarter than that.

Sure, but why would the Aloof Seer fake a seering result? That seems weird too.

Unless you're suggesting the Aloof Wolf purposely claimed an impossible seer result for another reason?

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 02:04:15 PMSure, but why would the Aloof Seer fake a seering result? That seems weird too.

Unless you're suggesting the Aloof Wolf purposely claimed an impossible seer result for another reason?

Nah, I'm more saying that the wolves weren't thinking when outing the result and any attempts to figure out their "plan" will mislead us. I feel it was primarily the fault of one wolf who made the slip, and the other wolf likely had nothing to do with that.

davy

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 12:16:31 PMI think. Actually lets get a TWG Question ruling from davy. If the COs seering is changed to blue from a correct redirection, does it remain blue or change to green?

The seering will be changed to the blue player, who will be seered green by the alsof seer
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Toby

LOL

Well I guess we don't need anyone to claim to find out the human aloof seer?

But bit odd to claim a blue seering ? Surely claim a red and stir the pot day 1

Oricorio

So yeah, it's impossible for town to have a blue result. Pretty big slip there.

Oricorio

I'm making a bet here, that Waluigi account isn't posting again.

BlackDragonSlayer

There's a chance Waluigi was just doing a reaction test to see who picked up on the fact that a blue seering is impossible, but I highly doubt that.

Interested to see what TWG Luigi has to say. They... certainly have a lot more credibility at this point :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Yep, blue seering was impossible. Would like to hear from Luigi