TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

I haven't been speculating the entire game to try find the CO. And I've not been digging for information to find the CO.

I merely figured the CO was more likely to be you over Oricorio since the alliance was voting Oricorio

davy

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything
Spoiler
Mortals

Wolves

1. Master Wolf
2. Redirection Wolf - During the night, can target a player, either living or dead, and another living player. If the first player is the Chosen One, the Aloof Seer will receive the color of the second player rather than the player targeted by the Aloof Seer. Loses this power once it has been used successfully.

Both wolves have access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role.

Humans

3. Chosen One - Has access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Seer role. Cannot be revived.
4. Sacrifical Lamb - Can revive a dead player other then themselves during the night phase. Single use. Can be used even if the Sacrifical Lamb is dead.
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Herring
9. Miller - Identity will be revealed privately to the wolves at the start of the game.

Divine Beings

1. Aloof Wolf Shaman
2. Aloof Seer - Seers blue players green.

- These two roles will be distributed randomly between the annonymous TWG accounts TWG Luigi and TWG Waluigi.
- Both wolves have access to the account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role, while the Chosen One as access to the account that obtained the Aloof Seer role.
- Dead players with access to an annonymous account can still partake in the game through the annonymous account that they have access to (they cannot partake with their own account anymore, though).
- Both Divine Beings cannot vote, cannot be lynched, cannot be wolf'd, cannot be targeted by any power, and do not count towards either team (Hence why they are called Aloof). They can use their seering power during the night, post in the topic and send or receive PMs.

Win Conditions

Wolves win at parity.
Humans win when both wolves are dead.

Other rules

N1 start.
No cardflips.
Instakills are enabled, phantoms are in play.
PMs are permitted.
Only living players can be seered.
If the Sacrifical Lamb targets the Chosen One, the power does not go through, but the single use will be retained for a later night phase.

[close]

Players:
1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. TheZeldaPianist275
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Toby
5. Oricorio
6. SpecsFlyer17
7. XiaoMigros
8. threalmathguy
9. Nana1Popo2

Substitutes:
1. The Musical Poet

Night 3 is over. Nana1Popo2 was wolfed.

It's now day 3. Day 3 ends december 9th 1:45PM PST/2:45PM MST/3:45PM CST/4:45PM EST/9:45PM GMT/10:45PM CET.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

TWC Post

I'm giving Toby and TZP a warning for attempted death posting.

No warning for BDS and math yet, but both of you are on thin ice with your posts.

I know I'm mainly to blame for being unable to give the phase update when the phase ends, but most of you should be experienced enough to know not to share game-relevant information when you cannot be sure if you are still alive at that point in the game.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on December 07, 2023, 01:57:59 PMTWC Post

I'm giving Toby and TZP a warning for attempted death posting.

No warning for BDS and math yet, but both of you are on thin ice with your posts.

I know I'm mainly to blame for being unable to give the phase update when the phase ends, but most of you should be experienced enough to know not to share game-relevant information when you cannot be sure if you are still alive at that point in the game.
As my memory serves, the default expectation for situations like this is that the cutoff for votes/night actions remains the same but players are still allowed to converse (unless you are the target of an insta/unambiguous lynch), as being expected to not post for an indeterminate amount of time without a phase extension can also impact the game, especially when timezones mean that such a stipulation would prevent certain players from posting for a significant amount of time when they would normally be able to post.

In a case like this where a phase extension was provided, it would be a reasonable expectation (i.e. saying something like "cutoff for night actions remains the same but there will be a phase extension going forward; please do not post in the thread between cutoff and proper update"), but it was not conveyed ahead of time that there would even be such a phase extension.

That being said, something to keep in mind for future hosts is that it's a good idea to make such expectations unambiguous if such a situation arises.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Anyway, back to the game

Quote from: Toby on December 07, 2023, 11:40:54 AMwhy would should I call attention to your obvious reaction test/ploy to sway the wolves from realising math as the CO
I'm not sure how you can say something like this an not realize how obvious suspicious it is to say something like this. The whole thread I've felt with your posts through the game is that it feels like you know things you shouldn't and haven't been fully concealing it.

For full disclosure, my post was an attempt to try and see if we could bait the nightkill away from N1P2 (considering Xiao was wolfed N2 it seemed like a possibility that the wolves could be swayed from wolfing N1P2 again). The fact that you saw it as a distraction from Math is... certainly interesting.

Luigi should post the seer results publicly, and if they feel ok to disclose their identity then they can do that as well. Personally, knowing that there's a chance we have a shot at one more seering (if we lynch a wolf today or have already lynched a wolf) I'd feel better if they didn't unless absolutely necessary; but the choice is up to them.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

So, I'm having a little trouble right now. Cause everyone seems suspicious. BDS still seems most Town to me, but everyone else's antics are just confusing me so bad. I was avoiding saying this, and I still won't give any details, but I thought it was rather obvious who TWG Luigi was for quite some time. I agree with BDS that knowing who it is won't help.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

TheZeldaPianist275

Sorry everyone, I'm on a road trip now and will have more thoughts to share tomorrow. Davy, if that actually is a precedent I'm very sorry! I did not recall that was a rule. I also do not see it in the rules, and it's something you yourself have done recently in the Assassin's Game, so I don't think it's an unreasonable mistake to make.

therealmathguy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2023, 05:28:33 PMFor full disclosure, my post was an attempt to try and see if we could bait the nightkill away from N1P2 (considering Xiao was wolfed N2 it seemed like a possibility that the wolves could be swayed from wolfing N1P2 again).

Luigi should post the seer results publicly, and if they feel ok to disclose their identity then they can do that as well. Personally, knowing that there's a chance we have a shot at one more seering (if we lynch a wolf today or have already lynched a wolf) I'd feel better if they didn't unless absolutely necessary; but the choice is up to them.
So you're not claiming to be CO then? I assume you shared this plan with N1P2 first? Since N1P2 didn't jump at it, I thought it was a legit accident

If you're not Luigi then you and Luigi should give your accounts on this plan of yours, since Luigi should be in on it.

Quote from: Toby on December 07, 2023, 11:40:54 AMwhy would should I call attention to your obvious reaction test/ploy to sway the wolves from realising math as the CO
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2023, 05:28:33 PMThe fact that you saw it as a distraction from Math is... certainly interesting.
And no, I'm not CO nor did I ever feel like I was made to be the obvious candidate

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2023, 05:21:04 PMAs my memory serves, the default expectation for situations like this is that the cutoff for votes/night actions remains the same but players are still allowed to converse (unless you are the target of an insta/unambiguous lynch), as being expected to not post for an indeterminate amount of time without a phase extension can also impact the game, especially when timezones mean that such a stipulation would prevent certain players from posting for a significant amount of time when they would normally be able to post.

In a case like this where a phase extension was provided, it would be a reasonable expectation (i.e. saying something like "cutoff for night actions remains the same but there will be a phase extension going forward; please do not post in the thread between cutoff and proper update"), but it was not conveyed ahead of time that there would even be such a phase extension.

That being said, something to keep in mind for future hosts is that it's a good idea to make such expectations unambiguous if such a situation arises.

I agree that I should have communicated this more clearly. Consider that lesson learned.

I do disagree with you on the timezone. Any amount of time the players have lost they will regain because the next phase update is pushed back the same amount.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 07, 2023, 05:31:59 PMSorry everyone, I'm on a road trip now and will have more thoughts to share tomorrow. Davy, if that actually is a precedent I'm very sorry! I did not recall that was a rule. I also do not see it in the rules, and it's something you yourself have done recently in the Assassin's Game, so I don't think it's an unreasonable mistake to make.

I did indeed post in the Assassin's Gambit after the phase update, because I thought the phase ended an hour later than it actually did. While it was an honest mistake, it was against the rules for me to do so, and it would not have been remiss for Kai or the TWC to give me a warning for that.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: threalmathguy on December 07, 2023, 10:44:17 PMSo you're not claiming to be CO then? I assume you shared this plan with N1P2 first? Since N1P2 didn't jump at it, I thought it was a legit accident

If you're not Luigi then you and Luigi should give your accounts on this plan of yours, since Luigi should be in on it.
N1P2 was aware of the plan and agreed that it was worth a shot, if only for the chance at blocking the redirection (assuming it hasn't been used yet) for another night. It basically boiled down to "pretend to make a slip by posting something that makes it seem like you're the CO." If N1P2 died I agreed to divulge the whole thing straight away, but if N1P2 survived there's a chance we could've kept the ruse going for as long as is necessary.

I did not speak with Luigi directly (no particular reason; I just thought it was funny that I had like three straight pages of PMs with N1P2), but I asked N1P2 to make sure Luigi was on board with the plan.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2023, 05:28:33 PMAnyway, back to the game
I'm not sure how you can say something like this an not realize how obvious suspicious it is to say something like this. The whole thread I've felt with your posts through the game is that it feels like you know things you shouldn't and haven't been fully concealing it.

Can you give further examples of me seeming like I know things I shouldn't since it's apparently been the whole thread? No idea what you mean prior to today so wonder if that's just an exaggerated accusation

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 08, 2023, 05:49:28 AMN1P2 was aware of the plan and agreed that it was worth a shot, if only for the chance at blocking the redirection (assuming it hasn't been used yet) for another night. It basically boiled down to "pretend to make a slip by posting something that makes it seem like you're the CO." If N1P2 died I agreed to divulge the whole thing straight away, but if N1P2 survived there's a chance we could've kept the ruse going for as long as is necessary.

I did not speak with Luigi directly (no particular reason; I just thought it was funny that I had like three straight pages of PMs with N1P2), but I asked N1P2 to make sure Luigi was on board with the plan.

Do you know who Luigi is ?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on December 08, 2023, 06:19:51 AMCan you give further examples of me seeming like I know things I shouldn't since it's apparently been the whole thread? No idea what you mean prior to today so wonder if that's just an exaggerated accusation
When I said that, I meant "the common thread I've felt with your posts is." And another example I can think of off the top of my head is one I brought up earlier in the game with you pushing for N1P2 to release the identity of which TWG account was the legit seer.

In this case, you seeing my post and jumping directly to "hm, Math must be the CO" makes me think you may be a wolf who seered either me or Math at some point (possibly both).

Quote from: Toby on December 08, 2023, 06:20:15 AMDo you know who Luigi is ?
Yes.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 08, 2023, 07:18:07 AMWhen I said that, I meant "the common thread I've felt with your posts is." And another example I can think of off the top of my head is one I brought up earlier in the game with you pushing for N1P2 to release the identity of which TWG account was the legit seer.

In this case, you seeing my post and jumping directly to "hm, Math must be the CO" makes me think you may be a wolf who seered either me or Math at some point (possibly both).
That's not true. I never asked N1P2 to release the identity of the real seer.

I asked him if he was able to tell us yet which TWG account was the human seer so we knew which one to trust

Which was part of the plan I suggested night 1 which people agreed with

Regardless, how is that me knowing information I'm not supposed to ? - it's literally quite the opposite. I was in the unknown and was looking for an update on if the plan that I proposed was working.

Also so because I thought math was the CO that means I must have seered yourself or math? How does that make sense? And why would I be so blunt about it if that was the case? Math is saying he's not the CO now so if that is true, then how would me seering math as a wolf lead to me knowing math is the CO if he apparently now isn't? Wolves receive a blue result for their seers

Are you just throwing shit at me so see what sticks? You've just said a few things that either aren't true, don't make sense, or have been exaggerated. I don't get what's going on here and this entire game a lot of what you've said feels orchestrated or a performance