News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecsFlyer17

Still, as previously mentioned, Waluigi claimed seer results 11 minutes after the phase change. If it is the Aloof Wolf account, whoever posted did not give much, if any, time to discuss sharing the result in the public thread. That seems reckless, and I'm kinda shocked that someone would do that.

And as Oricorio said, I doubt this was a preplanned scheme, and one of them would've likely noticed the obvious mistake.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Oricorio on December 01, 2023, 02:17:48 PMI'm making a bet here, that Waluigi account isn't posting again.

Lol bully Waluigi into not posting again

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 02:38:18 PMLol bully Waluigi into not posting again

I'd love Waluigi to post again, it only gives more information to town. Still, there's a reason why outed wolves don't do that.

Nana1Popo2

Was waiting for confirmation from davy or TWG Luigi post, but here i am to claim I'm the Sacrificial Lamb.

Which is kind of why i paid particular attention to it yesterday in realizing i can do a lot to sway things one way or another :o

I am but a child.

Anyway, is there harm in reviving THC? Not necessarily right away but at some point? Only thing going against us is they could be the Miller... but then we get into the conversation of would the wolves take out the Miller first, to thicken the plot?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Nana1Popo2

Whenever i play these games i usually wait until its too late to do anything of importance, and i didnt think everyone was so keen on N1 claims (or even talking, until i saw everyone else doing it), but here i am at least on D1...

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on December 01, 2023, 03:35:57 PMAnyway, is there harm in reviving THC? Not necessarily right away but at some point? Only thing going against us is they could be the Miller... but then we get into the conversation of would the wolves take out the Miller first, to thicken the plot?

I don't think the wolves would take out Miller first, as it takes away their safety net is someone is seer'd red.

Reviving THC essentially just buys the town time- which is by no means insignificant. However, since you can still use your revival while dead, my guy instinct is to wait until a more desirable situation. Maybe it goes without saying, but only night kills should be considered for revival- we don't want to revive a wolf.

TheZeldaPianist275

All right, I should be able to discuss things more substantively going forward.

I disagree with Oricorio that Waluigi is unlikely to post again. I think the wolves will probably try to keep every tool in their disposal alive for as long as possible even if most people aren't believing them. I'd expect there to be a pitch of that false seering as a reaction test, or even as an honest error.

Want to hear more from Math, Xiao, and N1P2 (I don't think calling you "Ice Climbers" will stick haha) on the events of the day so far. As the players who have been the quietest, they are the ones who are most likely to be indicted by a "wolf reading sloppily" explanation* of an impossible seering—and I do not want to get shivved by not paying attention to quiet players for two games in a row.

(*if that is indeed the explanation we're opting for. Oricorio seems to think it's plausible that it's a wolf being conservative and a wolf being impulsive, which is definitely reasonable, but I think it's less likely than the whole team just not carefully reading)

Also, not Sacrificial Lamb.

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 01, 2023, 03:49:29 PMMaybe it goes without saying, but only night kills should be considered for revival- we don't want to revive a wolf.

Yeah precisely. Lost but not forgotten THC...

Literally my only thoughts so far are believing BDS to be town. I appreciate the quick nature of responding about the "slip" as soon as possible and later going into detail on others' observations. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ill have more time to deep dive after work, if need be. I'm very much an observer (as a person), but if you need me to talk more...

SpecsFlyer17

Oricorio

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 01, 2023, 03:53:45 PM*if that is indeed the explanation we're opting for.

What other explanations are there? This was a calculated risk by the wolves to essentially surrender Waluigi in exchange for BDS getting town creds? It's actually the Aloof Seer doing some insane reaction test?

Oricorio

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 01, 2023, 03:53:45 PMWant to hear more from Math, Xiao, and N1P2 (I don't think calling you "Ice Climbers" will stick haha) on the events of the day so far. As the players who have been the quietest, they are the ones who are most likely to be indicted by a "wolf reading sloppily" explanation* of an impossible seering—and I do not want to get shivved by not paying attention to quiet players for two games in a row.

threalmathguy hasn't shown up lately (and has barely posted at all) while XiaoMigros showed up 20 minutes before phase change but seemingly dipped. But again, I doubt this was the decision of both wolves.

SpecsFlyer17

Its a little early for a full blown suspicion list (at least I'd like to get another days worth of information), but I do want to hear more from Math. Given that the Waluigi blunder could have easily been a single wolf's doing, inactivity has an bad look imo.

BlackDragonSlayer

Not Sacrificial Lamb. N1P2 sorta soft-claimed to me via PM after everything went down with Waluigi, so I think the only reason why N1P2 wouldn't be the Sacrificial Lamb would be:
1. If we get a counterclaim.
2. If THC was the Sacrificial Lamb and was doing some weird strat where he tried claiming to a random person and it turned out poorly for him :P

Regardless, unless the wolves deliberately wolfed THC in hopes he'd be revived and "cleared" for the rest of the game, I'm like 90% sure THC isn't a wolf.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

If Waluigi is somehow the human seer, I do hope he'll post again and hopefully clear up... whatever happened there :P

That being said, I'm pretty sure Luigi is either:
1. A less active player.
2. Someone who's timezones don't align with daytime for the current moment.
3. Someone who's deliberately sitting back for the time being before revealing seering results.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber