News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG CXIX Host Feast-Ups

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, November 16, 2023, 07:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hostsgiving

SpecsFlyer17
4 (40%)
BlackDragonSlayer
1 (10%)
davy
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 25, 2023, 03:21:43 AM

BlackDragonSlayer

It's holiday season, but it's also, fortunately for us, TWG season. Games should be designed around 9 players maximum. Poll will go up end of day November 22nd. Bonus points if your games are Thanksgiving-themed.

Hosts:
1. SpecsFlyer17
2. BlackDragonSlayer
3. davy
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

BDS is there a reason we're capping it at 8 players? We had 11 in signups last time, and traditionally when the holidays start rolling around people become more available and interested in playing.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 16, 2023, 08:45:43 PMBDS is there a reason we're capping it at 8 players? We had 11 in signups last time, and traditionally when the holidays start rolling around people become more available and interested in playing.
Designing a game for 8 players and having room to scale to more players if you get additional sign-ups is also acceptable. The problem is that we don't always know who's going to be available ahead of time, and given the past few games I think 8 players is a reasonable assessment of how many players we can get without too much inactivity affecting the game. Two of the players who signed up last time were subs, which I think is a good thing to have in case of inactivity.

In addition, I don't want to depend too heavily on needing more than 8 players to start a game.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 16, 2023, 08:45:43 PMBDS is there a reason we're capping it at 8 players? We had 11 in signups last time, and traditionally when the holidays start rolling around people become more available and interested in playing.

We technically had twelve if you count the guy who was ready to sub in for A# Minor N2 lol

Though I'll have a couple games in signups in the next couple of weeks so I won't be able to promote the next game too much

Oricorio

And just in case it isn't obvious, I'm leaving the next game for another person. Well, I guess unless literally no one else is willing to host lol

davy

As the other (active) TWC member here, I would be in favor of raising the cap to at least 9, since we had easily more than eight last sign-ups, and one more player makes it just that bit easier to make a balanced game.

In addition, since we're capping players again, I'd like to reintroduce some form of gauging the amount of players before host sign-ups. Either with interest voting or with doing player sign-ups before host sign-ups, or some new idea that acchieves the same.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on November 17, 2023, 12:24:21 AMAs the other (active) TWC member here, I would be in favor of raising the cap to at least 9, since we had easily more than eight last sign-ups, and one more player makes it just that bit easier to make a balanced game.

In addition, since we're capping players again, I'd like to reintroduce some form of gauging the amount of players before host sign-ups. Either with interest voting or with doing player sign-ups before host sign-ups, or some new idea that acchieves the same.
Raising the cap to 9 is fine, but I worry that even then we could end up in a situation where we're missing a player or two and have to end up recruiting someone who might not have a lot of time/interest.

I agree that interest gauging would be a good idea in some form. Ideally we'd do something via Discord so it could happen quickly and not hold the whole process up for too long, but I guess we could just make a StrawPoll or something for a simple yes/no on "do you plan to participate in the next TWG" and post the link in the postgame for whichever game just finished.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 16, 2023, 07:51:59 PMBonus points if your games are Thanksgiving-themed.

Non-USA players be like:  :o
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

XiaoMigros

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on November 17, 2023, 07:04:36 AMNon-USA players be like:  :o
tbf there was halloween already its not like this is new lol

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on November 17, 2023, 07:04:36 AMNon-USA players be like:  :o
Canadian and German players be like: lol you guys are a month late
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

SpecsFlyer17

The Thanksgiving Dinner Challenge

Boomers
1. Boomer
2. Rich Boomer

Cool Family
3. Crazy Aunt
4. Protective Mother
5. Overweight Uncle
6. Cousin
7. Cousin
8. Cool Grandpa

9. Weird Emo Cousin

Items:
Dry Turkey x3: Three random players will get served some terrible dry turkey on each night. Bleh. They must vote on one player of their choice to eat the turkey. Any player is fair game, not just the three holders. As a result, that player's vote on the next day will not count. Resets at the beginning of each night. If a holder is killed, the item is removed from play. Will only be in play through D3.

Role Descriptions:
Boomer: They always make family gatherings difficult. They're always judging you, claiming how much harder things were back "when they were your age". The house they bought for $10.99 back in 1980 is now worth $700k, yet they complain how you haven't bought a house yet. Don't even mention politics.
Rich Boomer: Each night, this player can change their color or another player's color to any color. Resets each new night.

Crazy Aunt: Very weird and spunky, but fun to be around. She's into that crazy physic stuff too. Each night, she can submit one name to learn their color. Seer role.
Protective Mother: She means well, but is very protective and particular about things. Each night, she can submit one name to protect from the wolfing. If said player is wolfed, the wolfing will fail. Cannot be used on themselves, and the ability is optional.
Overweight Uncle: A pretty cool guy, but always seems to have a bit too much to eat. His extra weight allows him to survive one wolfing without dying. Does not apply to lynching. Refuses to believe he's overweight thought, so his role PM says he's just a cousin.
Cousin: Just a normal cousin that you see a few times a year. Pretty cool to be with, but nothing special.
Cool Grandpa: Despite his age, Grandpa rocks. Unfortunately, he will flag red if seer'd by the Crazy Aunt. Thinks they're a cousin.

Weird Emo Cousin: He is quiet, antisocial, always looks angry, and probably doesn't have a whole lot going for him. He's running out of hope and really just wants to leave the dinner table. His goal is to be lynched by D3. If he is successful in doing so, one random player who voted from him will also be lynched. If he fails to be lynched by D3, he loses and is removed from the game. Cannot be wolfed; a wolfing attempt against him will fail.

Other Rules:
N1 start.
No cardflips.
Instakills are enabled, phantoms are in play.
PMs are permitted.
Dry Turkey votes must be individually cast; any vote sent in a group PM will not count.
If a Dry Turkey item holder is wolfed or lynched, the item is permanently removed from play. In the case of the Weird Emo Cousin leaving the game with a Dry Turkey item, the item is also removed from play.

Win Conditions:
Boomers: Achieve even number of boomers and cool family members + Weird Emo Cousin.
Cool Family Members: Remove all Boomers from play.
Weird Emo Cousin: See role above.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on November 19, 2023, 04:12:09 AMIm in mood for a faction game
I got two factions for ya, take it or leave it (also Thanksgiving is still pretty spooky)

TWG: There's a Skeleton Inside You Right Now

FOR SEVEN LONG YEARS, THE SKELETON WAR HAS RAGED ON. WE APPROACH A CRITICAL MOMENT, WHEN THE BALANCE OF FATE HANGS HEAVY. THE SKELETON ARMY HAS BEEN DEVASTATED BY THE FORCES OF GOOD, BUT THE SKELETON LORD REMAINS STANDING.

Skeletons:
1. Skeleton Lord: Every night, as long as there isn't currently a living Skeleton, the Skeleton Lord may pick a player; that player is converted into a Skeleton, who is allied with the skeletons. It is publicly announced when a new Skeleton has risen, and the player who is converted is informed of their new status privately. At any point in the game, the Skeleton Lord may permanently forfeit their ability to convert new skeletons in exchange for being seered as Green for the rest of the game. In addition, once per game, the Skeleton Lord may pick a player at night; their vote counts as 0 for the next day phase.

If there is only one member of the Skeleton team remaining and no more Skeleton conversion is possible, then the remaining Skeleton gains a wolfing which functions as normal.

Not Skeletons:
2. Slime Wizard: Every night, the Slime Wizard may pick a player; at the end of the night, the Slime Wizard is told that player's color as of the end of the phase (after conversion). The Slime Wizard is immune to the Skeleton Lord's conversion, as the Slime Wizard does not possess a skeleton.
3. Brave Knight: If the Brave Knight is converted to a Skeleton, their seering color remains Green. Is told they're a normal Townsfolk.
4. Townsfolk
5. Townsfolk
6. Townsfolk
7. Townsfolk Who Owns a Mill: Is told they're a normal Townsfolk.

Skeletons win when # of Skeletons = # of Not Skeletons. Not Skeletons win when all Skeletons have been eliminated.

Host Clarifications:
(any mechanics clarifications will be added here if necessary. Feel free to ask questions!)
- PMs are off for the game.
- No lynch is not an option. Instas work as normal.
- Night start with the first night phase being 48 hours.
- If a player with a night actions does not submit their night action, no night action goes through.
- Color cardflips are on.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

XiaoMigros