News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[SNES] The Legend of the Mystical Ninja - "Sentiment of Travelers in Hagure Town" by Code_Name_Geek

Started by Zeta, November 08, 2023, 12:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Sentiment of Travelers in Hagure Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Code_Name_Geek

Code_Name_Geek

The title seems like a mouthful on this one, but it's from the 2020 vinyl re-issue of the OST (according to VGMDB) so I think it's the most official English title.

Latios212

Should the title of this game start with "The"? If so, I'll edit it, you don't need to create a new entry
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on November 22, 2023, 11:53:29 AMShould the title of this game start with "The"? If so, I'll edit it, you don't need to create a new entry
Oh shoot, you're absolutely right. My bad!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Sorry for the wait here!

• m1, m9 RH the grace notes sound reversed, A then G
• m2 and m12 RH how are you envisioning this being played, with a pedal? I don't think the RH is able to hold that Bn the full length otherwise and move up to those triplet pitches. Additionally, there are notes under those 2nd layer notes for beats 2-4: A-B-A (each Triplet),  2.5 F#, 2.75 En, 3.0 F#
• m3 and m10 RH lower layer 4.5 this sounds like the note is En just like the top layer, but did you do this so the lower pattern travels D-C-B?

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 25, 2023, 02:57:06 PM• m1, m9 RH the grace notes sound reversed, A then G
Yeah, you're right, fixed.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 25, 2023, 02:57:06 PM• m2 and m12 RH how are you envisioning this being played, with a pedal? I don't think the RH is able to hold that Bn the full length otherwise and move up to those triplet pitches. Additionally, there are notes under those 2nd layer notes for beats 2-4: A-B-A (each Triplet),  2.5 F#, 2.75 En, 3.0 F#
I think you mean m4 and m12? If that's the case, then I'm imagining holding the melody as a quarter note and then moving up to the higher pitches, so I changed the rhythms to reflect that (and added the lower layer in as well). I've also made a similar change in m8 and m16 to keep it consistent.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 25, 2023, 02:57:06 PM• m3 and m10 RH lower layer 4.5 this sounds like the note is En just like the top layer, but did you do this so the lower pattern travels D-C-B?
I'm pretty sure the lower layer note on beat 4.5 is actually a C, listening with channels separated it's really obvious but I'm hearing it when it's all together as well. The string instrument and flute that are playing the melody both play an E though, so maybe that's what you're hearing?

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 25, 2023, 02:57:06 PMSorry for the wait here!
No worries (and likewise on my end). Thanks for taking a look!

Kricketune54

Changes look good! (and that consistency for m8 and m16 makes sense in hindsight). Approved

Bloop

-m1 and 9: It looks a bit neater to have the dotted quarter note in beat 1 in the R.H. shifted a litle bit to the right, so the stems don't thouch the other notes.
-m2 and 10: The C in beat 4.5 is played by both hands, maybe you could add parentheses to one of these?
-m4 and 12: The triplet in fourths on beat 2 is pretty hard to play at speed, maybe you could leave out the F# and E on the 2nd and third notes?
-m8: The R.H. notes in beat 4 (triplet and quarter note D) should be flipped upwards as normal, since there's no R.H. below
-m14: Maybe you could write the B-A in the R.H. triplet on beat 2 as grace notes instead? As it's a similar ornament as in m1 and 9. If you prefer, you could also even write all 2nd and 3rd triplet notes throughout the piece as grace notes, to differentiate between the koto melody and the ornaments.
-m15: The low A in the R.H. is also played by the L.H. on beat 1.5 and 2.5, you could change the note to another note in the chord, but for accuracy you could probably put it in parenthesis.
-m16: The beam in the R.H. on beat 2 should be flipped upwards.
-m17: I only hear an E in both voices in beat 1 in the R.H., not a D.
-m20: Maybe you could add a courtesy accidental to the Dn in the R.H. on beat 1.75?
-Maybe you could utilize the space on page 2 by putting 3 measures in a system throughout the sheet (except for the last system where you'd have to put 4), so the first page doesn't look as cramped compared to the second page?

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Bloop on January 20, 2024, 03:12:36 AM-m4 and 12: The triplet in fourths on beat 2 is pretty hard to play at speed, maybe you could leave out the F# and E on the 2nd and third notes?
Did you mean the lower 2nd and 3rd notes of the triplet (A and B)? Those are the ones I chose to leave out, but I'm open to leaving out the F# and E 16th notes as well.

Quote from: Bloop on January 20, 2024, 03:12:36 AM-m14: Maybe you could write the B-A in the R.H. triplet on beat 2 as grace notes instead? As it's a similar ornament as in m1 and 9. If you prefer, you could also even write all 2nd and 3rd triplet notes throughout the piece as grace notes, to differentiate between the koto melody and the ornaments.
Agreed the grace notes make sense in m14, although it does look a little messier now with the slur crossing the beam (not sure if there's a better way to present that). I'd rather keep the triplets in the rest of the piece since the notes are rhythmically even and I think triplets communicate that better to the performer.

All the other changes sound good and I've done them. Thanks for the suggestions!

Bloop

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on January 31, 2024, 11:30:16 AMDid you mean the lower 2nd and 3rd notes of the triplet (A and B)? Those are the ones I chose to leave out, but I'm open to leaving out the F# and E 16th notes as well.
Oh yeah I meant the A and B, it looks good like this!

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on January 31, 2024, 11:30:16 AMAgreed the grace notes make sense in m14, although it does look a little messier now with the slur crossing the beam (not sure if there's a better way to present that). I'd rather keep the triplets in the rest of the piece since the notes are rhythmically even and I think triplets communicate that better to the performer.
You can write the tied A as a dotted quarter note too (like the E in m13), and you can also flip the beam of the grace notes so they point upwards.

The parentheses in m15 could be a little bit lower so they're centered around the note instead of the ledger lines, but everything else looks good!

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Bloop on January 31, 2024, 12:28:35 PMYou can write the tied A as a dotted quarter note too (like the E in m13), and you can also flip the beam of the grace notes so they point upwards.

The parentheses in m15 could be a little bit lower so they're centered around the note instead of the ledger lines, but everything else looks good!
I was pretty sure I was missing some sort of obvious solution there, thanks! Fixed the parentheses as well.

Bloop

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this in my previous post! In m9, the R.H. beat 1 quarter note should be shifted to the right a little bit like in m1. Maybe in m1 you could also increase the distance between staves so there's a bit more space for the mf? That should (really) be all!

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Bloop on January 31, 2024, 12:52:08 PMOh yeah, I forgot to mention this in my previous post! In m9, the R.H. beat 1 quarter note should be shifted to the right a little bit like in m1. Maybe in m1 you could also increase the distance between staves so there's a bit more space for the mf? That should (really) be all!
Done!

Bloop