News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

TWG CXVIII: Noughts and Crosses

Started by Oricorio, November 05, 2023, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

see, that's interesting to me, because I bought it entirely and don't think it was unreasonable to do so, and also, it didn't even seem that your initial response to the claim was you believing it like I did. You just seemed confused by it.

Something I noticed about Poet as a wolf last game that I didn't see in her first game was sort of a willingness to voice disgust/disappointment with her reactions to things or the general state of the game. In her first game if she was caught off-guard by something it was "sorry, I don't know how this works, it may have been a mistake to play." In Lantern Keeper though, she said "ugh" a couple of times and maintained more of a distance—like, "what a fine pickle this situation is", and I noticed she is doing the same now. I'm wondering if feigning a detached disapproval of the game is how she responds to pressure as a wolf.

Leaning toward Poet over A# now

TheZeldaPianist275

Also I am driving a few hours this evening and probably am going to need to make a final vote a few hours before phase end. A#, we need you to clock in bad!

TheZeldaPianist275

Rethinking one piece of this—I stand by what I said that it's easier to pair A# and Poet with Math than with Specs, but I don't want to rule out Specs entirely. It occurs to me that the Xiao wolfing is very much a Specs play. I think a lot people would have gone for THC immediately to eliminate a human just because he was confirmed, but THC was in a side slot—not an ideal spot to play to win TTT. Specs is a very analytical person, and he also was the one pushing the hardest for attention to the board layout. If anyone passed on a THC wolfing due to the position on the board, it'd be him.

Looking at the arrangement of the board it also affects his partners as well. THC and Xiao are both in TTT win lines with Specs and Poet, but as stated above I think that Specs would want to avoid playing the side, so that's why he went for Xiao instead, to disincentivize his and Poet's lynches. If the wolves are A# and Specs the circumstantial evidence is even stronger—two wolves in a row with a human? That's a tough setup, and it's probably best to wolf that human to spur an A# or Specs lynch as much as possible.

I have an easier time buying Poet as Specs' partner, though, because of the sus that he and A# were throwing on each other at the start of the game when there wasn't much cause to do so. So if this is true, it's another reason to lynch Poet.

TheZeldaPianist275

^^the above should say "to spur away from an A# or Specs lynch as much as possible"

The Musical Poet

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 16, 2023, 11:32:16 AMsee, that's interesting to me, because I bought it entirely and don't think it was unreasonable to do so, and also, it didn't even seem that your initial response to the claim was you believing it like I did. You just seemed confused by it.

Well, I greeted it with surprise, yes. And I didn't think much about my message, but for the time before Toby explained his lie, I was walking with a spring in my step.

Yes, I have changed. But the reasons was being that I was too open on my first round, and accidently told the wolves everything they needed to know about my role. Because of this, I needed to become more reserved :/

However, I understand your point. It is rather strange to see this change.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

TheZeldaPianist275

I've got probably half an hour ish before I need to vote. A#, need you here NOW

A# Minor

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 16, 2023, 11:34:02 AMA#, we need you to clock in bad!
fear not, for i am here now

after a quick scan of the thread, I'm still leaning on a poet lynch atm. her tone and general behavior seems very odd and her reaction to... her reaction doesn't sit well with me at all
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

TheZeldaPianist275

Ok but that would be a very easy thing to say as a wolf, because I am openly building a case against her, whereas she has not done the same for either you or me. So maybe that makes me want to vote you instead

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm out of time. If someone wants to persuade me, last chance

TheZeldaPianist275

Going with my gut. The Musical Poet.

Alea iacta est.

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

The Musical Poet

The Musical Poet

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 16, 2023, 03:41:07 PMI'm out of time. If someone wants to persuade me, last chance

I wouldn't have time anyway :/

The Musical Poet

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]