TWG CXVIII: Noughts and Crosses

Started by Oricorio, November 05, 2023, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

I mean yeah but is that a wolf trait or someone that just doesn't know what to do

And being open about not really knowing what to do and following others leads isn't really something a wolf that's trying to be careful and not draw suspicion does

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on November 12, 2023, 09:24:05 AMI would pair Poet with BDS and I'm not sure if BDS nudged her to try distance herself from him by casting suspicious lean towards me (which lynching me would secure BDS' death)
I'd like to point out that I was gunning for a Poet lynch yesterday and have already stated my most likely picks for a lynch today are either Poet or TZP.

It's good to question things though, to avoid tunneling.

Quote from: A# Minor on November 12, 2023, 12:03:08 PMtoby (potentially) bussing poet is confusing me a bit due to the nature of the game but I'm still not convinced that they're not wolves
In this case, Toby would be bussing Poet because he knows I'm already inclined to go for Poet and is hoping that I would indeed follow through and vote TZP in the final 3. Whereas today he might not be 100% sure if he can get a lynch on anybody else.

I do think Poet/Toby is a lot less likely though.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Toby on November 12, 2023, 09:24:05 AMI'm questioning everything today

This is where I'm at right now--whichever of you is on the wolf team has played very well, I don't feel confident in anyone.

Right now I am leaning toward a BDS vote because I haven't felt like his reasoning has followed an especially genuine pattern--his posts are solvey but don't seem to flow naturally from one conjecture to another

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

TheZeldaPianist275

Solve-y in the sense of trying to figure out what role belongs to who

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 12, 2023, 04:58:29 PMThis is where I'm at right now--whichever of you is on the wolf team has played very well, I don't feel confident in anyone.

Right now I am leaning toward a BDS vote because I haven't felt like his reasoning has followed an especially genuine pattern--his posts are solvey but don't seem to flow naturally from one conjecture to another
What do you mean by that? What isn't natural about it?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

I will place my vote in the morning. Will likely vote for Poet. Everyone else should also state their most likely vote. I don't think there's too much risk of a wolf rush insta (4 votes to insta?), but it never hurts to be a little more cautious.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

I have not slept much at all on account of my current sickness. I'm uncertain if I'll be able to make it to the end of the phase, as I may be sleeping during that time.

As of such,
The Musical Poet

I still think TZP/Specs is the most likely wolf pairing, but the risk-averse, paranoid, wannabe detective in me wants to hedge against the possibility of A#/Math or a Poet pairing as well before going all-in on that conclusion.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

I don't think I'll be convinced for a poet lynch I'm just seeing erratic human

TheZeldaPianist275

TheZeldaPianist275

GTH the wolf pair is either TZP/Specs, A#/Math, or Toby/Poet. To hedge against all these possible options, my gut says to go for a Poet lynch today, ensuring A# is wolfed (like I wanted to do yesterday).
[/quote]
BDS there's a distinct possibility the game is in lylo, I don't think we can play for hedged bets anymore. I think everyone needs to decide who their most significant suspicion is

I'm curious also why you think that Poet is a likely partner for Toby compared to almost everyone else. It seems to me there are plenty of options there

I think my suspicion list runs
1. BDS
2. A# (close second)
3. Toby
4. Poet

TheZeldaPianist275

Toby I was reading wolf but the "you should just lynch me" seemed genuine, as did his reasoning for the turnaround of the last few minutes with the assist from BDS and Poet. Even if Toby were a wolf, he couldn't be a partner with both of them, so I have to conclude that that was an organic rush, not a wolf-coordinated one.

A# I stand by the fact that I think she's holding back more than is customary for her, even ignoring the AFK stretches.

My BDS suspicions are a gut read based off the pattern of his posts that I'm struggling to articulate right now. I will come back later and try to be a bit more concrete about what I feel like I'm seeing with examples

A# Minor

I'd probably be okay with a TZP or toby lynch, I've just went through poet's posts and I don't see anything too alarming

I also don't think zbds is suspicious right now
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

hold up, that came out wrong

Quote from: A# Minor on November 13, 2023, 12:51:31 PMI've just went through poet's posts and I don't see anything too alarming
what I mean to say is "there's nothing that's suspicious in her posts itself, but I was only suspicious of her because of her general behavior/that possible wolf rush last phase, so I guess we could leave her for now? not really a top priority in my mind ig, just a possible pair with someone else"
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]