TWG CXVIII: Noughts and Crosses

Started by Oricorio, November 05, 2023, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Sorry, I didn't mean them as a potential wolf pairing—I said "duo" because I think people have been considering them as a pair, both because they are across from each other and because they've both been relatively aloof from the arguments of the game so far. What are your thoughts on each one individually?

A# Minor

random mismatched thoughts:

well the ttt board sucks right now

I don't know what to think about specs being lynched (I mean, it was a kitb, but still). there's a slight possibility that wolf specs could've let himself be lynched for the sole purpose of getting rid of the IC, but I'm not sure if there'd be any benefit for the wolves if the IC is gone. I guess he could be human?

but then, it's not like the IC is all-knowing just because he's a confirmed human

Toby I still think that vote change was a bit too random, but I guess Poet's was too, so I'm thinking one of you two is a wolf

if bds (who I have a somewhat strong human read on atm) is a wolf, I'm going to hide in my closet for a week

TZP's general tone has had a serious change in this game and idk what's up with that
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 11, 2023, 07:18:56 PMSorry, I didn't mean them as a potential wolf pairing—I said "duo" because I think people have been considering them as a pair, both because they are across from each other and because they've both been relatively aloof from the arguments of the game so far. What are your thoughts on each one individually?
Sort of hard to get a grip on A# because she's been mostly absent. My leading theory is that it's possible wolf A# sort of "gave up" when she realized Math was going to be lynched D1. Would explain her earlier absence and re-emergence post-Specs lynch (after realizing she may have a chance to win despite the bleak D1).

Poet, on the other hand, was present albeit not especially contributing much earlier on in the game, but seemed to pick up her contributions later on, which could indicate an active push as a wolf to try and make sure the game goes their way. I've gone back and forth on Poet; last day phase, I mostly wanted to lynch her because the domino effect would have gotten rid of all my suspicions, but now I also feel like she's a valid lynch by herself, especially on account of her relatively versatile partner pairings.

Quote from: A# Minor on November 11, 2023, 11:10:48 PMrandom mismatched thoughts:

well the ttt board sucks right now

I don't know what to think about specs being lynched (I mean, it was a kitb, but still). there's a slight possibility that wolf specs could've let himself be lynched for the sole purpose of getting rid of the IC, but I'm not sure if there'd be any benefit for the wolves if the IC is gone. I guess he could be human?

but then, it's not like the IC is all-knowing just because he's a confirmed human

Toby I still think that vote change was a bit too random, but I guess Poet's was too, so I'm thinking one of you two is a wolf

if bds (who I have a somewhat strong human read on atm) is a wolf, I'm going to hide in my closet for a week

TZP's general tone has had a serious change in this game and idk what's up with that
GTH the wolf pair is either TZP/Specs, A#/Math, or Toby/Poet. To hedge against all these possible options, my gut says to go for a Poet lynch today, ensuring A# is wolfed (like I wanted to do yesterday).

I agree that TZP's tone this phase has been weird. Feels almost like he knows he's backed into a corner post-Specs lynch and is anticipating a final three with him vs. Toby in it and trying to avoid that or get the jump on Toby.

Out of curiosity, why do you think the TTT board "sucks"? Winning via TTT was always going to be unlikely for humans, and the board now, as it stands, isn't particularly bad for us.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 11, 2023, 11:44:51 PMGTH the wolf pair is either TZP/Specs, A#/Math, or Toby/Poet. To hedge against all these possible options, my gut says to go for a Poet lynch today, ensuring A# is wolfed (like I wanted to do yesterday).
lol I love how we're starting to use "GTH" now
TZP/specs seems a bit too obvious to be true imo
ooof, even thinking about myself possibly being a lone wolf gives me a headache D:
I was considering toby/poet as a pair as well. so far I'm leaning on either that or TZP/poet. that is, assuming a wolf hasn't already died

QuoteI agree that TZP's tone this phase has been weird. Feels almost like he knows he's backed into a corner post-Specs lynch and is anticipating a final three with him vs. Toby in it and trying to avoid that or get the jump on Toby.
hm, I'll have to continue observing, but that's a possibility

QuoteOut of curiosity, why do you think the TTT board "sucks"? Winning via TTT was always going to be unlikely for humans, and the board now, as it stands, isn't particularly bad for us.
I mean, it isn't terrible, but it isn't really great either. no matter who we lynch (go ahead and grab the salt), the wolves will probably just counter us until parity
well, unless we get a good spot and they can't counter us ... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

totally unrelated, I think "Termina Tango" is my favorite title so far
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Toby

Yeah phase end was only 2am for me and it was Friday so that was fine I was awake anyway

Although THC being alive meant he was a player not to have to worry about, his vote was still the decider, and I didn't think he would put his vote in the right place. And if the flip side to THC being alive is me being alive instead where I trust myself better to vote in the right place, then that works better.

I'm a little concerned with A# missing almost an entire day phase and providing no excuse for absence.

I'd still like to hear Poet's specific reasoning for not lynching me over Specs

I was inclined to agree with THC that the last rush could likely of had a wolf in it, but THC also said he would have voted Specs so I'm almost feeling we just have to chalk it up to being the better/agreed upon lynch

Toby

On plus side we don't need to worry about wolves winning TTT anymore

And if we have lynched one wolf by end of today, then we could force the wolves night kill tonight if we don't lynch TZP. - because the wolves will need to block our TTT move. But this only works if there is not 2 wolves alive by tonight.

If there's 2 wolves alive by tonight we lose

A# Minor

Quote from: Toby on November 12, 2023, 02:14:02 AMI'm a little concerned with A# missing almost an entire day phase and providing no excuse for absence.
right, I guess I didn't think I had to last night. but anyways just a bunch of crazy irl stuff that was keeping me too busy to get in here <:

Quote from: Toby on November 12, 2023, 08:21:35 AMOn plus side we don't need to worry about wolves winning TTT anymore
I thought of that, but then I couldn't even think of a way for the wolves to win the ttt unless we made some really silly plays ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

Toby

Quote from: The Musical Poet on November 07, 2023, 10:23:24 PMI take back what I said a minute ago.

also, I'm going to make a suspicions list tomorrow if I'm not dead.

Quote from: The Musical Poet on November 09, 2023, 01:33:36 PMLater today once I have the time, I will make a suspicion list. I ask for you guys to do the same.

Poet, twice you said you were going to make a suspicion list, and you didn't

And then it seemed like you were leaning towards voting me but instead you voted Specs

Quote from: The Musical Poet on November 09, 2023, 08:24:17 PMA#. This may be a rookie move, but her lack of activity is extremely high, even compared to the last round. This seems strange since when I looked through the past games, she was incredibly into the game and spoke a ton. I understand that she isn't as active as before, but her posts aren't collaborating very much. You would expect somebody like that would try to find things people haven't thought about, or added on to the subject.

I'm not as sure of this but I may choose Toby. I find it strange that they are constantly trying to attack Specs even when it is apparent that Specs is actively helping by listing all the possible outcomes.

Quote from: The Musical Poet on November 10, 2023, 05:30:55 PMSo would Specs be the best option?

It's a bit odd.

I would pair Poet with BDS and I'm not sure if BDS nudged her to try distance herself from him by casting suspicious lean towards me (which lynching me would secure BDS' death)

And then the question for if Specs is the best option, I suppose if she was a wolf she had to say somewhere in the topic a lean for Specs before voting so it didn't look odd? But it could also just be genuine

I'm questioning everything today

The Musical Poet

Quote from: Toby on November 11, 2023, 11:55:47 AMThe best options was either me or Specs but lynching Specs secures the wolfing of THC tonight. So I'm curious as to why you didn't choose me ?

Well, I didn't really want you to die, but yes it was a hasty decision.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Toby

A# Minor

why tho poet

if math was a wolf, I'm stumped

toby (potentially) bussing poet is confusing me a bit due to the nature of the game but I'm still not convinced that they're not wolves

no matter who we lynch, the following plays will be pretty obvious, so that doesn't really matter

I'll see how the rest of the phase goes before trying to narrow down my suspicions
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

The Musical Poet

My recent decisions have been heavily influenced by BDS, TZP, and you Toby. Which has added to my already horrible online status and limited time to further ruin my hasty thinking. Therefore, I have decided to clean up and finish my IRL work before coming back to this.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Toby

I feel like a wolf wouldn't admit to being heavily influenced by their wolf partner or even any other player

I think I'm satisfied with poets response

A# Minor

yeah, but she could have been following them because she didn't know who to vote for otherwise
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]