News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG CXVIII: Noughts and Crosses

Started by Oricorio, November 05, 2023, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Slightly alarmed with Poets vote and wondering if it was a wolf rush decision to protect BDS, which gives the possible BDS/Poet pairing

I don't think I see TZP paired with BDS or Poet so I'm somewhat feeling Poet or Bds day 3 before considering TZP day 4

Toby

It's hard cause I have town read Poet prior to the lynch, but THC says he would also have went Specs so maybe it was just the right call to make

I'm slightly bias for believing lynching Specs was the right call as I know I'm human and have survival instinct to want to survive

The Musical Poet

At least we have some sort of flexibility by lynching Specs, but I feel I could have chosen better if I nitpicked a little more.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Toby

Quote from: The Musical Poet on November 11, 2023, 11:43:54 AMAt least we have some sort of flexibility by lynching Specs, but I feel I could have chosen better if I nitpicked a little more.

The best options was either me or Specs but lynching Specs secures the wolfing of THC tonight. So I'm curious as to why you didn't choose me ?

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on November 11, 2023, 11:55:47 AMsecures the wolfing of THC tonight
In that case, I bid you all a fond adieu. Good luck!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on November 11, 2023, 07:10:24 AMSlightly alarmed with Poets vote and wondering if it was a wolf rush decision to protect BDS, which gives the possible BDS/Poet pairing

I don't think I see TZP paired with BDS or Poet so I'm somewhat feeling Poet or Bds day 3 before considering TZP day 4
Even after I was pushing for a Poet lynch for most of the day, and still stated that as my preferred option by the end of the phase?

I'm leaning toward a TZP or Poet lynch the next day. I think Poet has the most partner flexibility (A# and Toby are both possible partners, and I could potentially see Poet/TZP as well) and would also take A# out of the equation (I still think A# is a likely partner for Math if he was a wolf). TZP because of that nagging feeling of TZP/Toby wolf partners and because he's a likely partner of wolf Specs.

Also, I've started feeling sick, so probably will be a bit less active (sleeping more) and my head might be a bit more cloudy.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

ThatHiddenCharacter has been killed in the night!

Current board:

TheZeldaPianist275BlackDragonSlayerA# Minor
OXX
The Musical PoetTobyO

It is now D3, which will last for 48 hours!

TheZeldaPianist275

All right, to business.

That rush to vote out Specs reminds me a lot of the Davy lynch in the last three minutes of D0 in Assassin's Gambit. I think there's at least one wolf in the Toby/BDS/Poet block because there's no cause for that to have happened the way that it did. Toby, you in particular--why did you say it was a good idea for humans to lynch you and then flinch and lead a rush onto someone else?

BlackDragonSlayer

To me, the only suspicious part about it was that it didn't happen sooner. In a Toby/Poet wolf pairing though, I could see them waiting until later because they were both probably unsure over whether I'd be willing to change my vote (which I only expressed after Poet's post about Specs).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

That is my point BDS, and I find you very suspicious for still reading Toby as human after it

BlackDragonSlayer

I don't think it's necessarily suspicious of Toby. The big reason why he was ok with letting himself by lynched was because he was suspicious of me earlier in the phase.

Quote from: Toby on November 10, 2023, 05:46:35 PMI like BDS' insight into Specs/THC's posts playing off of eachother and honestly it feels like they've been doing that all game, but that could just because they know eachother irl
Quote from: Toby on November 10, 2023, 05:56:56 PMMy sus on BDS was quite weak anyway and I actually do relate the the point that if THC although confirmed human is not going to lynch correctly then there may not be benefit in protecting him

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

First of all, "lynching correctly" is not the primary benefit to having had THC alive--it's that we have someone who is a confirmed human that we don't have to worry about. So I don't buy Toby's explanation there.

Second of all, I understand why he was okay with getting lynched, and you still haven't answered--why aren't you suspicious of Toby for hanging around until the very last minute to change his vote?

TheZeldaPianist275

Change of topic--what are your thoughts on the A#-Poet duo?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 11, 2023, 06:52:26 PMFirst of all, "lynching correctly" is not the primary benefit to having had THC alive--it's that we have someone who is a confirmed human that we don't have to worry about. So I don't buy Toby's explanation there.
Considering that THC can potentially be a loose cannon, I don't think that benefit outweighs the potential cost.

QuoteSecond of all, I understand why he was okay with getting lynched, and you still haven't answered--why aren't you suspicious of Toby for hanging around until the very last minute to change his vote?
Toby hadn't placed a vote before his Specs vote. I don't think it's unreasonable for Toby to make sure he was online before the end of the phase in order to place a vote (especially since end of phase is like 2am for him IIRC).

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 11, 2023, 06:52:51 PMChange of topic--what are your thoughts on the A#-Poet duo?
As I've said earlier, I think it's entirely a possibility, and could offer a possible explanation of why Xiao was wolfed. Having the two wolves be across from each other isn't the best position to be in for the wolf team.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber