TWG CXVIII: Noughts and Crosses

Started by Oricorio, November 05, 2023, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

I'm going to sleep

I would read A# human

And I would vote between TZP and poet

I want to say poet and A# have been too chaotic to actually be wolves so I want to say vote TZP but I would hate to lose to poet for thinking she's acting too sus to actually be a wolf

If I had a vote I'd go TZP but I am concerned because I think poet slipped saying she read A# previous games, but she also did start the game with a bit of a bang trying to be helpful and then seemed to lose interest naturally. She didn't play like that in her last wolf game

Toby

Quote from: A# Minor on November 14, 2023, 03:36:28 PMI mean, bds is such a good player that I was thinking he could be fooling us all this entire time and I guess it's not such a bad idea to get him out of the question *shrug*

also, poet, I wasn't really that active in the other games. I was pretty quiet and confused at the beginning of nothing special 2 before I sort of got the hang of it, totally failed for just a numbers game, and then — ah, you know the rest

wow I just got ninja'd by the great wall of china text

So you think it's good to lynch good players to get them out the way ?

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Toby on November 14, 2023, 03:31:18 PMMy opinion would be that a wolves first impression would be to try blend in and buy it. Because obviously they should be the only person who could confirm it was false. Therefore it's a case of trying to hunt whose reaction is least genuine.

You have poet who acted confused, and you with a celebration. Both similar. I think I like poets reaction less

Then A# didn't buy it. As a wolf would she openly admit that? Knowing she's the only player who could confirm that?

I'm leaning to A# being human for that, and honestly with the TZP to BDS vote switching I feel it's too chaotic to be a wolf.

Poet I thought was being a chaotic human too but I they've ignored responding to quite a few points throughout the topic, proposed they were going to do a suspicion list twice, have claimed no be very busy in their personal life, and yet said they went and read some of A#'s previous games ? I don't buy it.

It's hard because poet and A# have like newish playstyles while also lacking much effort in their play so reading either of them takes compensation to try not jump the gun on their suspicious plays. Neither have wolf hunted much this game and just posted little bits here and there whereas TZP I would expect to wolf hunt regardless of alignment. We should have eliminated poet/A# while we had the chance! (My bad?)

TZP has not been as sus but I hold him to a higher standard. A# and poet are much susser than TZP but both of them can't be wolves which proves the need to compensate for different playstyles lol.

Poet could be maths partner but she did lynch Specs so I don't think she'd be Specs

TZP could be specs or math partner

A# could be either specs or math
Yeah this all makes sense honestly. I suppose the reason that I jumped to believing it so quickly is because I have been trying to get a lock on what the weirdness was with the "you should lynch me SIKE". As you said, in a high-stakes situation, BDS voted Poet, and A# and I both voted BDS, so none of us were gonna be partners with him. I thought there was an outside chance that you and he were going for a mixed strat, where he buddied you and you distanced yourself from him, and that could have sliced through the Gordian knot. Apparently not, but that's where my mind went when I took a break at work today to check the thread

I'm leaning A# over Poet to be honest. I feel like she was way too excited to insta me last night, and switched to BDS, who she claimed to have read as human, almost as a knee-jerk to buddy me after a mistake

A# Minor

Quote from: Toby on November 14, 2023, 03:39:51 PMI want to say vote TZP but I would hate to lose to poet for thinking she's acting too sus to actually be a wolf
we dont support luigis who win by doing nothing

Quote from: Toby on November 14, 2023, 03:40:27 PMSo you think it's good to lynch good players to get them out the way ?
not necessarily "good", but not bad either ig

oh uh ill be back later
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Toby

Out of all the reactions posts was most easily falsified

Oricorio

Toby has died in the night!

Current board:

TheZeldaPianist275XA# Minor
OXX
The Musical PoetOO

It is now D4, which will last for 48 hours!

The Musical Poet

Quote from: A# Minor on November 14, 2023, 03:05:48 PMat this point everyone is sus in my mind, but i think i might just go for poet. if math was indeed a wolf, she'd be a pretty good companion for him and that would explain her avoiding making a suspicion list

essays go brrr
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

The Musical Poet

Quote from: Toby on November 14, 2023, 01:21:35 PM???
I'm dying tonight

We have a 2/3 in a row set up wolves need to kill me to block

oh wait I'm an idiot

The Musical Poet

Quote from: Toby on November 14, 2023, 03:31:18 PMPoet I thought was being a chaotic human too but I they've ignored responding to quite a few points throughout the topic, proposed they were going to do a suspicion list twice, have claimed no be very busy in their personal life, and yet said they went and read some of A#'s previous games ? I don't buy it.

1. What did I ignore?

2. The susipicion's list was a mistake, I shouldn't had said that I was doing it without being sure that I would have time to do it.

3. I never really read into the previous games, rather had looked over them one or twice. I just had noticed that A# was very active in her past games.

The Musical Poet

TheZeldaPianist275

Reminder: DON'T VOTE until very close to phase end to avoid a wolf rush. Got plenty of time to make a decision.

I'll reread the thread again tomorrow during breaks at work and share thoughts. I really feel like I haven't played well this game but I at least want to do the last phase right

A# Minor

Quote from: The Musical Poet on November 14, 2023, 07:20:15 PMbruh toby is dead
PaY aTtEnTiOn, PoEt

yeah, I'll be rereading the thread a few times and see if I can pick up on anything I might have missed

Quote from: Toby on November 14, 2023, 03:59:09 PMOut of all the reactions posts was most easily falsified
did he mean "poet's" instead of "posts"?
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

The Musical Poet

Quote from: A# Minor on November 14, 2023, 10:03:48 PMdid he mean "poet's" instead of "posts"?

think he meant me :/

I mean I was incredibly confused why Toby just outright threw a curveball at us, and (I regret to say this) I slightly believed Toby's statement. ugh

TheZeldaPianist275

Game breakdown and A#'s and Poet's roles in the goings-on

D0 Math lynch: A# says she isn't sure what to play, but provides a suspicion list with me, Specs, and BDS in the top tier and then instas Math at the very end of the phase (when he is already certain to die). Poet clocks in late in the phase and says that lynching center may be a good idea but doesn't vote at all. Also Specs puts A# at the tip-top of his suspicion list this phase, which I hadn't remembered.

N1 Xiao wolfing: Poet says Specs is going to die because she interprets THC's role as a pre-existing X on the board? Specs immediately responds to that with a meme to express his confusion. A# stays quiet. Both Poet and A# say they need to sleep more. BDS and Specs observe that because THC was left alive, the wolves could have felt the pressure to wolf a corner to avoid losing via a tic-tac-toe force.

D1 knife in the box: Specs and I talk a bunch about the lynch domino chains and Specs' conclusion is to go for A# over Poet. Poet agrees that A#'s behavior is suspicious. A# is a no-show, but Poet votes Specs to avoid getting a phantom (? why Specs and not someone else?)

N2 THC wolfing: A# weighs in with some disconnected observations.

D2 BDS lynch: A# says Toby and I are suspicious but then joins me in a BDS lynch. She also makes a meal out of saying she accidentally insta'd me. Poet is MIA.

N3 Toby wolfing: Toby plays a mindgame and claims to be the last wolf. A# says she doesn't buy it at all, Poet acts purely confused and even after Toby fesses up, claims to not think it's a given that Toby will die in the night.

So I think the wolf pairs are either A#/Math, Poet/Math, or (highly unlikely) Poet/Specs. BDS observed that A# could totally have dialed out after losing her partner to a tough initial board roll, and A# said even thinking about herself as a lone wolf gave her a headache, which didn't seem prompted at all. However I'm also aware that A# has been a high suspicion for me all game and I don't want to tunnel her, and Poet's behavior has been perfectly compatible with Math as a wolf partner. Her vote for Specs as part of the final 3 minutes KitB would seem to disqualify her as a Specs partner, but I suppose that could possibly have been a last-minute distancing attempt that was hijacked by Toby and BDS and actually killed Specs.

It's highly likely in my eyes at this point that Math was the first wolf and they've been fighting an uphill battle the whole time here

The Musical Poet

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 15, 2023, 05:24:57 PMN1 Xiao wolfing: Poet says Specs is going to die because she interprets THC's role as a pre-existing X on the board? Specs immediately responds to that with a meme to express his confusion. A# stays quiet. Both Poet and A# say they need to sleep more. BDS and Specs observe that because THC was left alive, the wolves could have felt the pressure to wolf a corner to avoid losing via a tic-tac-toe force.

That was very embarrassing.