News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG CXVIII Player Signups

Started by Oricorio, November 03, 2023, 08:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oricorio

TWG CXVIII: Noughts and Crosses

Wolves
1. Wolf
2. Wolf

Humans
3. Innocent Child -- Confirmed human at start of game
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human

Setup
- The game will be played on a 3x3 board, with each player occupying a space.
- When town lynches a player, they will be replaced by an X on the board, while when wolves kill a player, they are replaced by an O.
- If we start with 8 players instead of 9, one of the humans will be replaced by a blank space that can be claimed if town no lynches or if wolves withhold their kill.
- Victory can be achieved either through the standard win conditions (town by lynching all wolves, wolves at parity with town) or by getting three of a faction's symbols in a row.
- Cardflips are off, and OC is allowed (but the host must be included in all OC conversations). The game will have a day start, however.

-----------------

The Players
1. A# Minor
2. XiaoMigros
3. TheZeldaPianist275
4. ThatHiddenCharacter
5. SpecsFlyer17
6. BlackDragonSlayer
7. The Musical Poet
8. threalmathguy
9. Toby

Subs
1. davy
2. Olimar12345

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

XiaoMigros

davy

I've found myself without a lot of time lately, so I'll sub for starters. If you need more players to start the game, you can switch me to in instead.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Two questions for Oricorio

What does the innocent child role include exactly? Everyone knows they're a human?

This may be a dumb question, but do we know what the board looks like at any point? Could be the each square, or just the location of any Xs or Os played.

XiaoMigros

Here's my understanding, since I think I get it lol

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on November 03, 2023, 11:45:30 AMWhat does the innocent child role include exactly? Everyone knows they're a human?
yeah, that's all, but it's interesting because of the tic tac toe

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on November 03, 2023, 11:45:30 AMThis may be a dumb question, but do we know what the board looks like at any point? Could be the each square, or just the location of any Xs or Os played.
pretty sure everyone can see the board, its current standing, and whos on it where

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on November 03, 2023, 11:45:30 AMTwo questions for Oricorio

What does the innocent child role include exactly? Everyone knows they're a human?

This may be a dumb question, but do we know what the board looks like at any point? Could be the each square, or just the location of any Xs or Os played.

Xiao explained the IC correctly. As for the board, it will be displayed at the beginning of the game and each phase update. Here's an example using the people who played last game (although the order will be randomized and the IC is not guaranteed to be the center):

SpecsFlyer17A# Minordavy
threalmathguyBlackDragonSlayer (Innocent Child)XiaoMigros
ThatHiddenCharacterTobyThe Musical Poet

TheZeldaPianist275

Are there spaces where the IC is guaranteed *not* to be? I assumed you had him in the center to start because it forces town to weigh lynching one of their own—but making an optimal first tic-tac-toe move and prompting the wolves to play reactively—against trying to hit an actual wolf. You lose that dynamic if the IC is in one of the side middle spots, as those spots are strictly dominated by corners and center.

Oricorio

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 03, 2023, 01:39:00 PMAre there spaces where the IC is guaranteed *not* to be? I assumed you had him in the center to start because it forces town to weigh making an optimal first tic-tac-toe move and prompting the wolves to play reactively over lynching someone guaranteed to be their own. You lose that dynamic if the IC is in one of the side middle spots, as those spots are strictly dominated by corners and center.

Classically, the setup is hosted with the IC in a random slot. I suppose that's because town will rarely choose to not lynch the center anyway and the IC can cause more interesting dilemmas later in the game (e.g. wolves forcing town to make an impossible decision by killing in the same row/column as the IC). If enough people want to though I can change it so that the IC is fixed to the center.

XiaoMigros

I prefer random otherwise the wolves would go for it first night

SpecsFlyer17

I'd have to read up on optimal tic tac toe strategy, but I see an argument for putting the IC in a strong opening move for the player that moves first. The town would have to weigh lynching a guaranteed human in exchange for the optimal opener.

Random definitely makes things simpler, but Im not sure if too much randomization is a good thing.

BlackDragonSlayer

In.

I think random placement is fine, especially if we only get 8 players.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber