Submission Information:

Series: Star Fox
Game: Star Fox
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Title Medley
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

NineLives

I thought I'd mix these two themes together because, like the "Closing Medley" sheet, they play in succession as part of a cutscene/opening. I'll admit I had a bit of trouble with the chords for the soft section at the end. The synth throws me off.

Sources:
Title Demonstration | Title Screen

Kricketune54

Hey sorry for the wait on this one. With your other arrangement in mind putting these two together makes sense.

• It looks like both of your tempos are a little close to the title boxes they are with - happened to notice when comparing your two sheets. I think it's just a matter of one less spacebar hit between the title box and tempo marking?

Title Demonstration
• I'm counting the first measure is two full beats
• The chords seem to be going between Db major, and G major. As such, the G#-C# would make a bit more sense written as Ab-Db. Generally the accidentals you have written trend flat, so it would make sense for the LH part to show this as well.
• I think at m12 and m16 4.5 would look a little better as Ab, just a little better showing direction for the rhythm.
• m20-21 RH the last chord should spell out in F major, so witting A#'s as Bb's is going to make a bit more sense here, both for RH beat 4 in m20, and the final chord

Title Screen
Each of these measures, I hear four pitches, I think it would make sense to have the top 3 together and the bottom in the LH/lower staff

• m28 from bottom to top: Bb-F-D-F
• m29 F-C-A-C
• m30 E-Bn-G#-Bn
• m32 G-D-B-D
• m33 same as m28
• m34 A-E-C#-E

Let me know if you need further assistance with the octaves of the synth part.

NineLives

I believe I've covered everything above.
Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 25, 2023, 07:10:20 PMTitle Screen
Let me know if you need further assistance with the octaves of the synth part.
The notes you wrote down all sound right to me, but I think it sounds more accurate to the source with the bottom notes at the top of the chords, so that's where I put them.

Kricketune54

Apologies, should have been more clear m19 RH beat 4.0 should also be written as Bb.

The way you wrote the notes also is fine... I realize I wrote bottom to top, when that should've said top to bottom. The notes are exactly how I would've stacked it haha

One other thing to consider is for m19, it's a bit difficult to travel from beats 4.0-4.25 all the way to the three notes on 4.5. I would suggest either lowering the octave of those two notes or bringing the octave up of the RH's last notes (4.5)

NineLives

Updated!
Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 26, 2023, 12:28:59 PMOne other thing to consider is for m19, it's a bit difficult to travel from beats 4.0-4.25 all the way to the three notes on 4.5. I would suggest either lowering the octave of those two notes or bringing the octave up of the RH's last notes (4.5)
I had a feeling this would be a problem. I decided on having the single notes go down an octave because I don't think the chord sounds as good in the higher register.

Kricketune54

XiaoMigros

• Your BPM notes should use the MaestroTimes font, size 16. The symbol for a quarter note is Œ
  • m20: The LH note should have a fermata too
  • Do you think it's worth using an end barline rather than a double barline, to show these are two separate tracks?
  • m21: The mp marking could be moved slightly down
  • m22 & 24: You could add the C5 on beat 1 in the RH
  • m31: The B in the RH should be B natural

NineLives

I believe I've taken account of everything above.
Quote from: XiaoMigros on January 02, 2024, 05:21:23 AM
  • Do you think it's worth using an end barline rather than a double barline, to show these are two separate tracks?
I prefer the double barline because I think it fits better in a medley piece. If it were a collection, I'd agree with using an end barline, but I find the alternative more appropriate and consistent with the other medley piece I arranged for this game.

XiaoMigros

Works for me! Before I accept, could you check the positions of the dynamics in m19? The f should not collide with the tie, and the hairpin should be at the same height.

NineLives

The files have been updated and should be ready to go! :)

XiaoMigros

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by XiaoMigros.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot