News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux Postgame

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 26, 2023, 04:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Musical Poet

This was a rather interesting subject to read.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

A# Minor

I need to take this course when I get older
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 26, 2023, 06:21:56 PMlol that must've been quite the situation for toby to wake up to
Specs: wanted to let you know my claim is totally fake
Me: LYNCH THAT MAN HIS CLAIM IS FAKE

Lol yeah it was a lot to wake up to

Specs and THC fake claiming seer in topic
BDS claiming seer in pm and telling me specs claim was fake
Specs pming me telling me his claim was fake
Davy pming me telling me specs claim was fake and he had a master plan
THC revealing in PM that BDS was seered blue
And BDS being wolfed so all this info was left with me to be responsible of :^)

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 26, 2023, 06:14:55 PMAlso, a comment from a TWC perspective: when Toby entered the game, I believe TZP sent him PMs that Robbie received, and Toby was unsure whether he could post them?

I'm of the perspective that, on account of the replacement, those PMs should be treated as if they were the original PMs for the sake of not posing a disadvantage to the incoming replacement (i.e. all rules that would apply to the original PMs would still apply). Interested to see if Davy has anything to add on the subject.

Yeah, when a player replaces another player, the messages the previous player received can still be shared. The rule against posting communication with the host is to prevent players from proving things with host knowledge, but by sharing that he got these messages from TZP, Toby would only prove that he indeed replaced Robbie, which is something everyone already knows.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Anyway, it was a fun game everyone, I enjoyed it a lot. Wished I would have been in better health for the first half, though.

I'd like to write a little bit about all the players:

Specs - I'm still not seeing how you got wolf read d1, but that may be my lack of scumhunting skills showing. Good job going along with my plan convincingly. I had been human reading you because of how you went about it. Small slip up with the quotations, though. If it hadn't been for Xiao messing up as well, that might have cost you winning the game d2.

A# - Not much to say here, you did your best keeping up with all the posts N1, then died at the end of it.

Math - On the one hand, good job getting human read by so many players d1. On the other, I am very unimpressed by how you played D2, there is basically no way of catching wolves when they are deliberately being inactive.

BDS - Stop pointing out the flaws in my plans right where all the wolves can read them, geez.

Xiao - Honestly, I'm more dissapointed in your slip up than THC's. I guess the lesson is to always check your messages after a phase change before you make a post. Also, if you keep getting wolf read for bandwagoning, maybe it is time to stop bandwagoning.

THC - You tried something and failed misserably. Certainly not a bannable offense, lol. I think your biggest mistake was not sending your anchoring PM to math immediately after your fake claim, as that made it even more suspicious. It would have been even better if you had asked math to support you before your fake claim, because in that case he couldn't have stayed silent about the messages between you and him without obtaining a lot of suspicion like he did now.

Toby - You did well substituting in. Your plan to wait and catch more wolves before revealing was good, but unfortunately with Specs being a wolf that was not going to happen. Also, good analysis on Specs actually being a wolf. I think you got a bit too tunnel visioned about THC being a wolf at late game, which contributed in town losing (but I also understand that you are really upset by how he played).

Oricorio - I didn't mind you playstyle, actually. But maybe tone it down a little for next game, as players were getting overwhelmed, and the main thing about this game is that everyone is having fun participating. Also, sorry for leading a lynch on you D1. I really didn't see why Specs was being wolf read and didn't have a better lynch candidate (though I maintain that putting so much emphasis on whether the lanterns were truly all passed is not a town move).

Poet - Can't blame you too much for being inactive as you were reluctant to join this round to begin with. But also, please turn off having your online status visible. I caught you sending messages multiple times (wasn't trying to stalk for messages, just trying to see if new posts were incomming), so that basically confirmed to me you were a wolf.

Also, I apologize for the negativity in this post, has nothing to do with the game which I actually enjoyed. I'm just having a pretty crappy day but I do want to get this post out today before everyone moves on from this one.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: davy on October 27, 2023, 07:53:32 AMSmall slip up with the quotations, though. If it hadn't been for Xiao messing up as well, that might have cost you winning the game d2.

Do you remember what it was?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

davy

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 27, 2023, 08:05:49 AMDo you remember what it was?

Calling THC "the real" seer, and more general keeping your trust in me before the BDS reveal. That tipped off Toby, and also had me considering lynching you, but we prioritized Xiao and THC.

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: davy on October 27, 2023, 08:43:30 AMCalling THC "the real" seer, and more general keeping your trust in me before the BDS reveal. That tipped off Toby, and also had me considering lynching you, but we prioritized Xiao and THC.

Yeah 100%. Looking back, Im not sure why I was so obvious to appear to disbelieve THCs claim. That tipped off that I was trying to create distrust between you and the claim. Worked out okay because it was proven to be fake, but it could've gone south for me.

TheZeldaPianist275

Player analysis is up and the postgame is now complete.

I have not hosted before and this was a great deal of fun for me to watch things unfold from above. I'm definitely a little disappointed that the lanterns and Strange Man didn't wind up playing more of a role, but that's the nature of these games. I hope that the ending didn't leave anyone feeling too sour either.

Were I to run it again, I'd probably change Math's role to just be a regular wolf; while he was never seered, perhaps he would have been less bold in the lantern chat if he knew he was red. Whichever way you slice it, three wolves is a lot for a ten-player game. However, I don't want to take away from the three newest players pulling out a victory—well done.

I will see you all for the November game as a player this time!

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 26, 2023, 04:44:09 PMin one case, repeating a BDS joke verbatim

Yeah, I sent that at some truck stop in Tennessee. I didn't see BDS had made the same joke lol

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

XiaoMigros

Quote from: davy on October 27, 2023, 07:53:32 AMXiao - Honestly, I'm more dissapointed in your slip up than THC's. I guess the lesson is to always check your messages after a phase change before you make a post.
maybe the nature of immediately calling everyone out who slips up isnt the ideal way of going about things, that seemed to cost us the game in multiple ways. i still dont get why neutral slip ups are always read as wolf

XiaoMigros

Quote from: davy on October 27, 2023, 07:53:32 AMAlso, if you keep getting wolf read for bandwagoning, maybe it is time to stop bandwagoning.
would be happy to learn when i supposedly bandwagoned, iirc i came to my own conclusions every time.

besides, even ignoring the missing message thing, thc would have been voted out anyway

XiaoMigros

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 27, 2023, 11:06:45 AMI will see you all for the November game as a player this time!
Thanks for hosting! was fun