News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux Postgame

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 26, 2023, 04:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 26, 2023, 07:32:15 PMAlso. I was driving around the other day... and look what I found.

I FOUND THE STRANGE MAN

(just act like there's a spoiler tag with an image here, okay?)

oooooof XDDDD

wait, now I have that guy's house number
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: A# Minor on October 26, 2023, 07:56:03 PM...

oooooof XDDDD

wait, now I have that guy's house number

Yeah. Strange Man lives at 27A
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 26, 2023, 07:54:54 PMPlease confirm if the earth is flat or not.

Unless that's what they teach in grad school.

Trade secret :p

The Musical Poet

Quote from: Oricorio on October 26, 2023, 08:07:41 PMTrade secret :p

what? it is a suspiciously classified government file or something?
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Oricorio

Quote from: The Musical Poet on October 26, 2023, 08:14:26 PMwhat? it is a suspiciously classified government file or something?

Get a B.S. if you want to find out! :p

A# Minor

uh... don't we all know that the earth is round?

edit: *spherical
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

The Musical Poet

A# Minor

sAmE tHiNg

jk lol, don't deform the shape of the earth plz kthx
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

Oricorio

Quote from: A# Minor on October 26, 2023, 08:55:51 PMsAmE tHiNg

jk lol, don't deform the shape of the earth plz kthx

We're an "irregularly shaped ellipsoid", but that really is an oversimplification due to all the mountains, valleys, plateaus, trenches, meteor impacts, etc. Suffice to say "it's complicated"

A# Minor

Quote from: Oricorio on October 26, 2023, 09:01:40 PMWe're an "irregularly shaped ellipsoid", but that really is an oversimplification due to all the mountains, valleys, plateaus, trenches, meteor impacts, etc. Suffice to say "it's complicated"
yeah

I guess the earth is... its own shape
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

The Musical Poet

it's an infinitely-sided shape, since the amount changes consistently.

Oricorio

Quote from: The Musical Poet on October 26, 2023, 09:13:12 PMit's an infinitely-sided shape, since the amount changes consistently.

That can be clearly evidenced just by sand. Ever heard of the fractal problem?

The Musical Poet

No, I haven't, mind explaining? It sounds rather intruging.

Oricorio

Quote from: The Musical Poet on October 26, 2023, 09:28:15 PMNo, I haven't, mind explaining? It sounds rather intruging.

A fractal is basically a shape that looks more complicated the more you zoom in on it (like a grain of sand, for instance). It causes problems when measuring them. Most famously, coastlines can be considered fractals, as you see more curves in them the more you zoom in on Google Maps, and eventually you'll get to the point where they are defined by the aforementioned grains of sand. This makes coastlines difficult to objectively measure; for instance if you measure them in increments of 100 meters, you will get a different result than if you measure in increments of ten meters, as the latter will better represent the curves and will actually give a longer result. So as you get to smaller and smaller increments of measure, the result for the length of the coastline will get longer and longer, and as this keeps going on with no clear point of convergence some would argue that coastlines are infinitely long

If you've ever wondered why Norway's coastline is considered to be longer than Russia's, the fractal problem is a big reason why