News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux Postgame

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 26, 2023, 04:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 26, 2023, 04:44:09 PMBDS requests a Xiao seering ten minutes into the phase.
As soon as I found out I was seer I knew I had to do it :P

I think Davy and Oricorio would've been the only other options I would've considered N1, but I felt confident enough about Oricorio, and Davy would've been a good N1 wolfing pick.

QuoteHilariously, Toby gets this PM from Specs
lol that must've been quite the situation for toby to wake up to
Specs: wanted to let you know my claim is totally fake
Me: LYNCH THAT MAN HIS CLAIM IS FAKE
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

is now a good time to mention that I didn't even realize there was a seer
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

SpecsFlyer17

Curious to what happens if THC doesn't claim seer, and BDS is proven to be seer by Xiao and Toby.

Probably I'm lynched? davy had a little bit of sus around him too.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

On the wolf side, davy was going to be the D2 target until the THC seer claim.

I'm also curious how things change if BDS is left alive. Iirc, we didn't really decide on BDS until after the davy plan was brought to my attention. I had originally suggested one of the for sure humans, davy or Toby. But we went with BDS

SpecsFlyer17

BDS was ranting about me in the public thread right as he was killed, which I thought was pretty funny.

therealmathguy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 26, 2023, 04:53:54 PMMath's early game was strong, but I feel like he faltered the longer the game went on. His reasoning for voting for Oricorio over Specs was flimsy (especially after he said he saw Oricorio's claim and deliberately didn't change his vote) and some of his D2 behaviors were especially strange.
I agree. I think I played N1 well and I truly did "play for town" but being a wolf, I obviously had to steer some suspicion every now and then "in the interest of town." Xiao was right to doubt me the whole time and I was surprised I did fool everyone because if I had been pressed more on certain things I think the cracks would've shown (such as the Oricorio vote and me steering suspicion from Specs multiple times).

In this game, it's hard to know when someone drops for real life stuff or when they're lurking but I definitely went quiet at some key points

The Musical Poet

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 26, 2023, 07:04:34 PMBDS was ranting about me in the public thread right as he was killed, which I thought was pretty funny.

we had to "silence" him >:Ḋ
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

therealmathguy

Quote from: Oricorio on October 26, 2023, 05:19:57 PMA few thoughts before I move on to the next game:

Number one, I'm not exactly impressed for being suspected simply because I made pushes and tried to gather information, I.e. exactly how I play the game. There were some things I wouldn't have done as town, like promoting a lot of pro-Strange Man propaganda when I would have been more skeptical as a villager, but simply making pushes is NAI for me and I'd think you'd all realize it if you played in more highposting communities.

I suppose a bigger part of the problem, though, is that I've been playing NOC games for so long that I kind of forgot how to play OC. OC games are a completely different beast; while in NOC gambits like fakeclaiming Seer are incredibly frowned upon they can work in OC if you're collaborating with other townies behind the scenes. Of course, this falls apart when multiple town gambits collide with each other, and especially when wolves get involved in both of them.

The one thing I'm dumbfounded by is that you didn't look more into the BDS nightkill. Wolves didn't kill one of the previous lantern holders, which should have told you that at least one of two things was true: Wolves believed my Strange Man claim, meaning I wasn't a wolf, and/or there was at least one wolf in the second set of lantern holders. If you looked into the latter, it would have casted serious doubt on THC being a wolf, though I probably still would have voted them for the self-voting alone.

Oh well, it goes to show that y'all should have lynched Specs over me. The only ones around to switch were wolves, but oh well. threalmathguy MVP.
I'll be honest, I wanted to win with strange man. We were debating the lantern sacrifice strategy, although it's hard to pull off from a wolf perspective. But when it came down to you or Specs day 1, a wolf is a wolf and a mislynch is a mislynch. Sorry :'(

The math was right (how dare you, I'M the real math guy, or rather, th real math guy ;D) and we rolled the unlikely chance on night 2 of no wolves with lanterns, but couldn't utilize it to our advantage.

SpecsFlyer17

Also. I was driving around the other day... and look what I found.

I FOUND THE STRANGE MAN

Spoiler
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

BlackDragonSlayer

HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE SEEN :o

I'd put that pic in a spoiler tag because it's so big.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 26, 2023, 07:47:31 PMHE DOES NOT WANT TO BE SEEN :o

I'd put that pic in a spoiler tag because it's so big.

Fixed. It makes sense for it to be hidden in a spoiler because after all, he DOES NOT WANT to be seen.

Oricorio

Quote from: threalmathguy on October 26, 2023, 07:31:09 PMhow dare you, I'M the real math guy, or rather, th real math guy ;D

Well, you are talking to a geophysicist (though I still need to get my Master's)

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Oricorio on October 26, 2023, 07:52:52 PMWell, you are talking to a geophysicist (though I still need to get my Master's)

Please confirm if the earth is flat or not.

Unless that's what they teach in grad school.