News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

NotePad 2009 Request

Started by PianoMan, September 09, 2008, 03:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan

In response to MakeMusic's stupidest idea yet, I propose that for submission, there be a 2009 version link and a 2008 version link. Whaddya think?

kotorfanboy

We will have to see how the new version works out. It would probably be easier though to just provide links for people to download finale reader

PianoMan

But Finale reader can't edit. and NotePad costs money. Besides midi problems, I like 2008.

kotorfanboy

the system will get more complicated, but it saves more time and work than adding an extra link for each song...But if someone is up to it then go ahead.

Tranzlater

Well most on the site just wanna read and print, so that wouldn't be too bad a prob with finale reader. However, if arranging, we will need to get a copy. I heard master_penguin had some?
Look, It'd be easier just to make an 08 version of the song unless there's a feature you REALLY want in '09.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

kotorfanboy

I was told that the only upgrades in 09 were better sounding instruments and something to do with string instruments

MasterPenguin

Quote from: Tranzlater on September 09, 2008, 11:45:46 PMWell most on the site just wanna read and print, so that wouldn't be too bad a prob with finale reader. However, if arranging, we will need to get a copy. I heard master_penguin had some?
Look, It'd be easier just to make an 08 version of the song unless there's a feature you REALLY want in '09.

I've got '06-'08 for PC, and '07-'08 for Mac. ['06 Download link (Mac) isn't working for me..Any help?] I also have the serials, so you can get rid of the annoying pop-up at the start. I'll post the links when they're needed.

random_goldfish

Quote from: kotorfanboy on September 10, 2008, 11:54:38 AMI was told that the only upgrades in 09 were better sounding instruments and something to do with string instruments

Better strings sounds!? Oh, please God! Let it be true! I nearly gag when I hear Finale's violin and viola sounds, haha.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Tranzlater

Quote from: random_goldfish on September 11, 2008, 06:37:48 AM
Quote from: kotorfanboy on September 10, 2008, 11:54:38 AMI was told that the only upgrades in 09 were better sounding instruments and something to do with string instruments

Better strings sounds!? Oh, please God! Let it be true! I nearly gag when I hear Finale's violin and viola sounds, haha.
Woah! A glitch- AGAIN... weird... NVM that's not my point.
Use String Ensemble 1 for Treble and 2 for Bass. That's the default for printmusic + (possibly songwriter)
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

HungryDragon

Quote from: random_goldfish on September 11, 2008, 06:37:48 AM

Well I guess this is where you can start using GPO... although Notepad doesn't support it... do SW, Allegro, or PM support the Garritan Orchestra?
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

random_goldfish

From the Makemusic line, only the full version of Finale supports GPO...I also hear that your computer needs certain sound cards. Some correct me if I'm wrong because a sound card is the only thing stopping me from dishing out the money for GPO...I really want it...*drools*
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

ALPRAS

I use Finale 2007 to arrange and Notepad 2008 to read and print so... I just wanna Notepad for read.