TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 26, 2023, 06:24:24 AMI'd be happy to provide the exchanges amongst the lantern holder circle and between toby and I, if people are interested

please do
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter ::) on October 25, 2023, 03:03:18 PMFunnily enough, no. I think if either of us get lynched Town loses. I made a total risk play pretending to be seer under the assumption that the real seer was dead and no one knew. I was hoping to accidentally get a wolf lynched by getting a good roll on a 50/50. I even told math about my plan.
Like I said, I'm a wildcard. I'm pretty sure I can't convince any of you that I'm human at this point, though, sooooo gg. I gambled and lost.

THC, in your PM to Math, you stated that if I claimed to seer you red, that would have been ideal. What is the thought process there?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Toby

I'm on my phone and at work but I'll share a PM I received from BDS just before night phase end

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 24, 2023, 05:59:34 PMYou're probably going to get lantern seering results on me anyway (I deliberately voted for myself; I was planning on claiming during D2 anyway and figured it would be good to have a way to confirm myself—I already seered Xiao), but I'm sending this PM to you just in case I die and am not lantern seered.

Specs is lying through his teeth. I'm the seer. N1 I seered Xiao green. I was planning to seer Davy, but switched to Specs just in case Davy was the Master Wolf, but I've already switched my seering back to Davy. Specs is confirmed wolf IMO.

davy

"You're probably going to get lantern seering results on me anyway" - BDS

Toby, was there any doubt there there was going to be a lantern seering result on BDS, aka, did the three of you not come to a consensus?
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

XiaoMigros

sorry it took so long
my vote
Tobys public vote and my private response to him
convo between bds, toby, and i
Quote from: Toby on October 24, 2023, 02:34:31 AMAlthough I think bds is likely to already be a target by the seer so it might be better to go for Xiao and not duplicate seer results?
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 24, 2023, 02:36:34 AMthat's for you to decide, you know how bds and i will feel about each of those options
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 24, 2023, 02:39:59 AMone advantage of going for bds is we can both vouch for that publicly, rather than leaving it up to a seer who won't want to out themselves yet
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 24, 2023, 05:18:58 AMI'm fine with either seering cause I totally get why you'd want to seer me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Plus, using that logic, if I am the target of both seerings, that info could potentially be used to corroborate the real seer.

It's safe to say, though, that Toby is 100% off the table for a seering, unless you believe we live in a world where davy, mathguy, and Toby are all wolves :P :P :P
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 24, 2023, 05:23:37 AMmight end up voting for davy so we'll see haha

speaking of, if the seered person is green, can we please not reveal the information to the public? this just gives the wolves a free person to lynch
[close]
bds was then voted blue. not sure if im allowed to share role reveals directly
post-vote convo between me and toby
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 25, 2023, 05:07:55 AMwhen and how do you wanna reveal that bds was seer
Quote from: Toby on October 25, 2023, 05:34:05 AMI think we should give it a day and see if we can deduct the other wolves based on who is pairing with specs/thc
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 25, 2023, 05:36:55 AMDon't you think that gives the others too much time to convince everyone? afaik there's no way to actually prove that bds is the seer
Quote from: Toby on October 25, 2023, 05:48:19 AMI don't think so because id be claiming it which can be corroborated by the other lantern holder so its pretty believable
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 25, 2023, 05:50:43 AMThat's true, alright then. what do we say until then
Quote from: Toby on October 25, 2023, 05:52:28 AMI want to see who will show alliance to THC at moment but I'm trying to figure out how to best do that
Quote from: Toby on October 25, 2023, 05:52:28 AMI want to see who will show alliance to THC at moment but I'm trying to figure out how to best do that
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 25, 2023, 06:00:46 AMDo you think THC is human, on the right track without our seer knowledge? Or do you think he's a wolf trying to cover for himself in a future round
Quote from: Toby on October 25, 2023, 06:03:03 AMI'm not sure why a blue would fake claim and I'm wondering if they're both wolves trying to create havoc. I believe it only takes 1 mis lynch for us to lose so even if a few wolves are lost along the way if they can get a mis lynch any where else then wolves win
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 25, 2023, 06:06:28 AMI think they're probably both wolves, but specs feels like the safer vote? They've been suspected for a long time. It does seem very planned out between the 3 of them at the moment, and interestingly none of them responded to my direct accusation of the 3 of them
[close]

XiaoMigros

Quote from: davy on October 26, 2023, 08:32:31 AMToby, was there any doubt there there was going to be a lantern seering result on BDS, aka, did the three of you not come to a consensus?
No, there was never any doubt. We all voted for BDS, who I thought might try to get Toby to vote for me instead, but that didn't happen

davy

I have an event this evening, so I won't be online much for this evening, but we have to come to a consensus on who to lynch before the euro players go to sleep.

So let's make a list:

Would Lynch
THC - Fake claimed seer, with a red seering on me. Looks like a wolf trying to end this game with a davy lynch. Backpedalled after my reveal, which is the optimal wolf play.

Xiao - Went along with THC knowing his claim was fake. I'll need to see his message to Toby before I can accurately address his defense. Is also compatible with both THC and Specs.

Can be convinced to lynch
Specs - Disbelieved THC's seer claim. Is the most likely player to be a wolf if THC is human.

math - appearantly got some messages from THC, potentially also from other players. I'll need to see those to determine if I would consider him for today's lynch

Toby - It'll be very difficult to convince me to lynch Toby, but wolf!Toby had a unique position last night phase and this day phase to orchestrate things exactly the way he wanted to. Haven't thought to hard about this one so far though, as he is by far the least likely of these three that I'll vote for.

Would not lynch
Poet - This is not the phase for lynching inactives.

Davy - Any human self-lynching this phase loses the game for town.

Ninja'd by Xiao

davy

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 26, 2023, 08:39:56 AMnot sure if im allowed to share role reveals directly

You most certainly cannot. You may already be on thin ice by revealing a message privately send to the host, though that is up to TZP to decide.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: davy on October 26, 2023, 09:05:54 AMWould Lynch
Xiao - Went along with THC knowing his claim was fake.
This is not true. At that point in time the lanter seering hadnt happened yet

XiaoMigros

Quote from: davy on October 26, 2023, 09:07:41 AMYou most certainly cannot. You may already be on thin ice by revealing a message privately send to the host, though that is up to TZP to decide.
In my defense there's nothing stopping that message from being fake

Toby

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 26, 2023, 08:42:34 AMNo, there was never any doubt. We all voted for BDS, who I thought might try to get Toby to vote for me instead, but that didn't happen

Yeah we all pretty much chose BDS

I wanted to test the waters to see how BDS/Xiao would feel if we went for Xiao instead but I wanted to seer BDS.

davy

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 26, 2023, 09:14:35 AMThis is not true. At that point in time the lanter seering hadnt happened yet

THC claimed after the phase change (unlike Specs). If the lantern seering hadn't happened yet by that point, that would mean TZP was late. Toby, can you confirm TZP was late, or is Xiao erring/lying here?

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 26, 2023, 06:40:55 AMTHC, in your PM to Math, you stated that if I claimed to seer you red, that would have been ideal. What is the thought process there?
Because, at least from my perspective, then I would know you were lying. At the time, I still thought it was possible you were the real seer. That's why I tried to make it clear I'd rather lynch davy than you. If it had become apparent that you were lying and people wanted to lynch you, then I wouldn't need to try and convince them not to. Which would be difficult to do since I would have supposedly known for a fact you were lying if I was actually the seer.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SpecsFlyer17

Didn't THC claim several hours after the phase change?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL