TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

So we've got a seer claim from Specs at end of night, and one from THC near start of day. Just to cover all bases, Poet, would you like to counterclaim as well? If you are the real seer and both of them are lying, it is extremely important that you don't let either of them fool us.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

And I'd like to reiterate Do not vote early this phase, lest we get wolf rushed
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Also specs, who do you claim to have seered night 2?

therealmathguy

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on October 24, 2023, 10:26:16 PMI would feel a lot better about voting out davy first since he has a lot of experience and would probably be able to come up with some insane idea during the night to help the last wolf still win. I say we vote davy today, then Specs tomorrow.
The last wolf? There are still three out if Oricorio was telling the truth...unless you know something we don't?

Specs isn't off the hook but I find this diversion by Xiao and THC away from the seer claims and onto Davy a bit fishy. We should still be looking at the double seer claim when there's a clear imposter among us

Lantern holders, do you have any insight for us?

davy

Math, can you confirm you received that message from THC and that you didn't reply to it?

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: davy on October 24, 2023, 11:06:35 PMAlso specs, who do you claim to have seered night 2?

You, actually. And davy is green. So something is clearly off here.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Toby

I feel like specs making his claim last minute night 2 is more believable, as it was likely we were going to get seer counter claims this last day and a red result somewhere.

I also think THC as a seer PMing players to try find the seer is very odd behaviour, especially as a 'seer'? And no offense but I don't think math guy has done anything spectacular this game to make him a human and the fact that THC has said 'if you're a wolf you're doing a great job' twice now to math guy just seems... forced?

My lean is towards voting THC what's everyone else thinking ?

In memory of our day 1 lynch Oricorio, Gun to Head GTH who do you pick ?

GTH THC

XiaoMigros

seriously what is up with people clearing math I feel like I'm missing something

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 24, 2023, 06:00:00 PMI started this post out before Specs' claim, but I'm going to post it as I was intending to post it either way, mostly because I don't trust his claim one bit—if he really was the seer, I get the feeling he'd have waited until the very tail end of the phase to avoid the chance of him being wolfed.
Specs didn't really claim last minute. There was plenty of time for a wolf to see and do something about it. Yet, he's still alive.

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 25, 2023, 04:45:52 AMYou, actually. And davy is green. So something is clearly off here.
Also, this. Don't you think it's odd he says something's clearly off in reference to the seer result being different? Having two seer claims in the first place was already very clearly off.

Quote from: Toby on October 25, 2023, 06:01:00 AMI also think THC as a seer PMing players to try find the seer is very odd behaviour, especially as a 'seer'? And no offense but I don't think math guy has done anything spectacular this game to make him a human and the fact that THC has said 'if you're a wolf you're doing a great job' twice now to math guy just seems... forced?
Firstly, I only messaged math with that. I was specifically testing them, not everyone. Secondly, if you think that's odd behavior, then you haven't played with me enough. I started a cult in TWG C. Last game I tried to team up with an assassin even though I was town. I'm a wildcard. And the wolf compliment isn't forced, I just like to compliment people. If math is a wolf, then they're doing a damned good job of it. I wouldn't even be upset if we lost to them. I'd give a hearty congraturations.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

davy

I don't think there is a real point to GTH'ing here. Out of THC and I, there is at least one wolf. If THC is not a wolf, than he is the seer and his seering result was correct. If I'm not a wolf, than THC's claim is fake and there is no point for a normal human to counterclaim Specs.

Since this day may well be Lylo, I think there is no point to lynch anyone except THC or I. You can all guess who I'm going to vote this phase.

davy

Also, I guess since n2 is over and the Strange Man didn't mass murder, I should be revealing what was up with my "all lanterns were passed" lie.

I had coordinated with Math that we would seer Robbie, pass our lanterns and claim the result. I was hoping Robbie would manage to get on before the phase end and at least pass his lantern.

When day 1 started and Robbie still hadn't done anything, I wanted to reveal the lanterns without making it clear to the Strange Man that Robbie still had one. On one extreme I could just mention the seering and not say anything about passing the lanterns, but that'd be sure to invite questions about why I would reveal that and allow the strange man to kill 4 n2. I did not want to invite that kind of attention because the more info there was on the passing of the lanterns, the easier it would be for the Strange Man to figure it out.

On the other extreme, I could put a lot of detail into how Robbie most definately passed a lantern, but was still the clear choice to seer (so something akin to what BDS suggested I'd say). Unfortunately, I wasn't certain if Robbie was going to show up later in the phase, and being so clear about him passing the lantern may have just invited him to call me out on my lie, which would confirm to the Strange Man that he still had a lantern. I also thought putting emphasis on Robbie passing the lantern would invite players to question it more than leaving it more vague.

So I opted for somewhere in between. By only touching on it briefly, I had hoped the less experienced players would just accept it and move on, while the more experienced players would realise what I was doing and not press it. You can imagine why I reacted so strongly when Oricorio and later BDS put so much attention on that point regardless.

It's always very hard to hit the exact mark of how you want to word things in TWG. I actually changed the clause "as all lanterns were passed this phase" a number of times when I was writing that post, before landing on what I would eventually be posting. Clearly, most players here seem to think I missed the mark, and that may well be, I am not infallible.

davy

Note that THC supposedly seered BDS night one, then puts him on the top of his suspicion list n2.

In addition, claiming your wolf target as your seer target the day before is quite a safe bet as a wolf fake-claiming seer.

The Musical Poet

Quote from: davy on October 24, 2023, 10:57:06 PMSo we've got a seer claim from Specs at end of night, and one from THC near start of day. Just to cover all bases, Poet, would you like to counterclaim as well? If you are the real seer and both of them are lying, it is extremely important that you don't let either of them fool us.

what
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

davy

Quote from: The Musical Poet on October 25, 2023, 08:15:27 AMwhat

Out of all remaining players, you were the only one that hadn't posted yet (save for Toby, but he is green so can't be the seer). Can you confirm that you are not the seer?

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: davy on October 25, 2023, 08:00:45 AMNote that THC supposedly seered BDS night one, then puts him on the top of his suspicion list n2.

In addition, claiming your wolf target as your seer target the day before is quite a safe bet as a wolf fake-claiming seer.
Yes, I did seer him, and it was green. But there is a master wolf. I was still suspicious of him for the reasons I had stated and had a feeling he was the master wolf. Plus, if I had him at the top of my suspicion list, why would I allow him to be the night kill if I was a wolf? I would have convinced my teammates to kill Toby or math.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter