News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Note to the lantern holders: you must request your seering target vote in a private PM to me if you want me to count it. A vote in the group message will not count.

XiaoMigros

actually the vote only counts if you send it to me, and include your role color

XiaoMigros

I accuse davy and specs of being red wolves and THC of being the green wolf

davy

One more thing I'd like to say before signing off for the day: please do not vote early next day phase, everyone. It may be lylo, so we need to avoid getting wolf rushed.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on October 24, 2023, 07:54:03 AMAside from Specs distancing himself from me for voting me, could you summerize your reasons for being very convinced the two of us are partners?
You were really the only one to push a counter-lynch to Specs aside from Specs himself, and I felt your reasons for suspecting Oricorio as a wolf were more than a bit forced. Not to mention seeing me and Oricorio as potential partners when I was the first person (and strongest advocate) for bringing up Oricorio acting suspiciously in the first place.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm still a bit weirded out by mathguy's vote logic, as it also feels forced (or at the very least, not fully thought through).

If I had to put together a quick suspicion list, I'd say:
HARD WOLF LEAN:
- SpecsFlyer17
- davy

Mild Wolf Lean:
- ThatHiddenCharacter
- XiaoMigros
- threalmathguy

Human Lean:
- The Musical Poet
- Toby

Me:
- Me

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

I am the seer. N1, math was seer'd green. In case I get wolfed tonight, I am putting this in the public thread so everyone knows. A mislynch on D2 loses the game, so all information needs to be available.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 24, 2023, 05:43:54 PMI am the seer. N1, math was seer'd green. In case I get wolfed tonight, I am putting this in the public thread so everyone knows. A mislynch on D2 loses the game, so all information needs to be available.
Why would you reveal this now, and not closer to the end of the phase?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

I started this post out before Specs' claim, but I'm going to post it as I was intending to post it either way, mostly because I don't trust his claim one bit—if he really was the seer, I get the feeling he'd have waited until the very tail end of the phase to avoid the chance of him being wolfed.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 24, 2023, 02:10:42 PMI accuse davy and specs of being red wolves and THC of being the green wolf
I think Davy/Specs/THC is a valid pairing, but after the recent reveal of the N1 lantern holder convos, I think there's a good chance Davy could be the master wolf.

That being said, I also still believe Davy/Specs/Xiao is also a good possibility. With this pairing, my gut says Xiao as the master wolf, and Davy's just an extremely bold red wolf who kept his cool under pressure.

Finally, I think Specs/THC/threalmathguy is also a possible pairing, though out of these three I'd say it's the least likely.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Spoiler
On a dark and stormy October night, 10 friends found themselves in a small, lantern-lit village. The village was strangely dark; entering it seemed to drown out all the light from the moon, rendering it difficult to see anything clearly. The only things making anything visible at all? Three old, rusty lanterns hanging from poles lining the street.

Wolves
1. Master Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Wolf

Humans
4. Seer
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human

??
10. The Strange Man
A man who DOES NOT WANT to be seen. Every night phase he will privately guess the identities of the lanterns holders, and upon correctly guessing their identities, the lanterns are lost to the night, and their holders are killed, along with one normal wolf. He cannot be wolfed; if an attempt to do so is made, the public will not be informed.

Items
3 Lanterns of the Night: at the start of the game, 3 randomly chosen players will become Lantern Holders and receive a Lantern of the Night. Each night, the 3 lanterns holders will privately vote to seer one of the holders. That holder's color is then privately disclosed to the other two holders. A lantern may be passed to another player who does not hold a lantern once per NIGHT PHASE ONLY. The recipient of the lantern will be randomly selected from the pool of those who do not hold lanterns, and he will be informed both that he received a lantern and of the identities of the other holders at the start of the following night phase.

Misc.
-The Strange Man will never hold a lantern.
-If someone is killed while in possession of a lantern, it will be publicly announced that a lantern has been put out, and the Strange Man will only have to guess the holders of the remaining lanterns. However, if all three lantern holders are killed before the Strange Man guesses their identities, the Strange Man will die as well.
-The Strange Man's lantern guess applies to the players who held lanterns at the start of the night phase, not the players who received the lanterns at the end of it.
-No cardflips, instas are on. Classic rules, natch.

Victory Conditions
Wolves win when their numbers are at parity with humans & The Strange Man combined.
Humans win when the wolves are dead.
The Strange Man wins upon successfully guessing the lantern holders, but the game does not necessarily have to end at that point. Either of the other two teams may win with the Strange Man.
[close]
-----------------

The Players
1. SpecsFlyer17
2. A# Minor
3. davy
4. threalmathguy
5. BlackDragonSlayer
6. XiaoMigros
7. ThatHiddenCharacter
8. Toby
9. Oricorio
10. The Musical Poet

The body of BlackDragonSlayer was found lying beneath a lantern post, and as you all gathered around to look more closely at it, it seemed to grow more difficult, as if the darkness had crept in a little closer. A Lantern of the Night has been put out, and only two remain.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 ends in 48 hours, on Thursday, October 26 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time.

He does not want to be seen.

BlackDragonSlayer

i have become skeleton, be-er of dead

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

therealmathguy

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 24, 2023, 05:43:54 PMI am the seer. N1, math was seer'd green. In case I get wolfed tonight, I am putting this in the public thread so everyone knows. A mislynch on D2 loses the game, so all information needs to be available.
Yeah the timing of this is... interesting. And you didn't get wolfed :o

well at this point if it is lylo then if there is a counterclaim to Specs out there please step forward

or if strange man is still hiding out there please step forward

ThatHiddenCharacter

I am the real Seer. N1 I got that BDS was green and this past night I got that davy is red. I only just got online since phase change. I would also like to say that I trust math. I tested him in DMs and he didn't take the bait. Quoted below.

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on October 24, 2023, 06:44:01 AMTIL your username doesn't have an e in the.

Anyway, I have a strong feeling you're town. I also have a strong feeling you're the seer. Don't confirm that, whether it's true or not. You have no reason to trust me enough to divulge that information. I just wanted to let my guess be known. And it would be stupid to do so in the thread. If you are seer, then I recommend either seering davy or BDS. However, if you are seer, you were probably already planning on that anyway. Welp, that's all from me. Have a nice day. And if you're a wolf, you're doing an amazing job.
He very easily could have said something along the lines of "You're right, and I seered you green N1", but he didn't, so I don't believe he is a wolf.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

XiaoMigros

ATTENTION ALL

Funny how 2 people who died so far consider specs sus, yet the majority didn't vote for them...
I suggest voting for either Specs or davy, someone else can choose so it's impartial on my end. Whoever fights back is a wolf, plain and simple! But town still has the majority! Calling on especially poet and math to help us finally get a wolf lynched!!

ThatHiddenCharacter

I would feel a lot better about voting out davy first since he has a lot of experience and would probably be able to come up with some insane idea during the night to help the last wolf still win. I say we vote davy today, then Specs tomorrow.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter