News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on October 22, 2023, 11:22:33 PMIf Robbie said something, then we also have something to work off and he isn't a completely dead slot. While we shouldn't lynch him today or tomorrow even, we can't ignore the possibility that he is Master Wolf forever if we are gonna win, and thus having anything to work off with that slot would be very helpful.
If Robbie is truly inactive, I hope TZP will be able to find a replacement. That would be the best case scenario.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 22, 2023, 11:28:23 PMIt's not that, it's just that wolf Davy would be much more dangerous. Though the fact that Robbie was completely silent lessens the possibility significantly, I could totally see a world where Davy (as a red wolf) orchestrated a seering of Robbie (as the master wolf).

I mean, I have seen something similar happen before, so I can kind of understand the thought process here... but it's pretty much universally accepted that the best use of town PRs is to resolve inactive slots. It's not really alignment indicative either way, it's just that conventional wisdom will always say that Robbie is the slot you seer in that scenario.

XiaoMigros

yes, but that assumption is based on robbie being inactive, which we only just established

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 22, 2023, 11:30:48 PMIf Robbie is truly inactive, I hope TZP will be able to find a replacement. That would be the best case scenario.

It took us how long to find enough people to play, how will they find a sub? The only scenario I see is if A# Minor is allowed to sub in, and I'm not sure that's kosher in a flipless game even if we know A# Minor is town (and even in games with flips such substitutions are controversal). Still, if davy is right that all the lanterns have been passed, then that means that Robbie had to at least send a message to the host, and also tell davy (otherwise how would he know that the lantern was sent?). Why Robbie didn't show up in the thread, who knows? davy is the only one who might have an answer.

Oricorio

I don't really see anything in the rules about an activity requirement, so I guess this is another thing that it would be helpful for the host to clarify.

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 22, 2023, 11:36:21 PMyes, but that assumption is based on robbie being inactive, which we only just established

He hasn't posted at all in the thread. It was a pretty safe bet. Besides, you got any actual suspicions?

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on October 22, 2023, 11:07:54 PMSo I guess you're a null on them? You're the only person who hasn't explicitly read them town, I guess that means Xiao/math probably isn't w/w for what it's worth
I don't follow this logic

XiaoMigros

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 23, 2023, 02:57:30 AMNot at this point in time
Anyone in particular you're inclined to vote for?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

XiaoMigros

davy

Ugh, guys, there is no benifit to town to put attention on the passing of lanterns during the night. This only helps the Strange Man guess. It's much better to be vague about it.

I must say I'm quite surprised seeing how much Oricorio pushed for that information. I'd expect town!Oricorio to realise it'd only benifit the Strange Man, but it would also be a bit too obvious voor strangeman!Oricorio to fish for the information this way, so I'm getting a decently strong wolf!Oricorio lean from this, with him trying to pretend to be the Strange Man.

BDS was initially not engaging much with the question of Robbie's actions, but then got involved once mathguy showed up, about 10 hours later. At that point, there hadn't been a lot of pushback against discussing discussing Robbie's actions, so I could see BDS being Oricorio's wolf partner trying to normalize the discussion so no suspicion would fall on Oricorio.

And the thought of Oricorio and BDS being wolf partners quite scares me, considering how they have been dominating the topic.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Anyway, on to my suspicion list:

Wolf Lean

VOTE: Oricorio - see above

BDS - see above

Neutral Lean

Specs - I honestly don't agree with him displaying much suspicious behaviour, as BDS and Oricorio (IIRC) seem to be suggesting. Also haven't seen anything that makes me think he's town yet.

Poet - hasn't been very active

THC - hasn't been very active

Town Lean

Robbie - green seering

Xiao - The only player to try to divert attention from Robbie's night action, which gives him human points in my book

math - Responded well to my reaction test

Town

A# - wolf'd night 1

davy - says so in my role PM (of course, this is only from my perspective)
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

XiaoMigros

You hadn't provided much helpful information like I've come to expect, up until just now

Oricorio

XiaoMigros

reason: i feel like you've monopolised the conversation yet there are serious holes in your logic you seem to refuse to adress