News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 22, 2023, 12:52:48 PMThere seems to be a lack of clarity around this rule, so let me step in.

If you pass on a lantern, you enter the pool of players who could possibly receive someone else's lantern the next night phase. If there's only one lantern left, passing it would therefore guarantee you do not get it the next night phase, but if there are two lanterns and another player passes a lantern, you could conceivably get that person's lantern even though you just had one. It's theoretically possible that all three players pass a lantern and yet each have a lantern at the start of the night phase, if they each receive each others' lanterns.
That's good to know. So there's no harm in revealing a green seering if the lantern holders have passed on their lanterns.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

For today's lynch, what it comes down to for me is who I'm comfortable lynching. Right away, that would exclude threalmathguy (human lean), Robbie89 (green seering), and davy (I think it's a good idea to keep davy around for the time being). I'm still suspicious of Oricorio, but for now I'll hold off on trying to lynch him because, as I said, I feel like he's probably the Strange Man.

That leaves, in order of preference for most likely to vote for vs. least likely to vote for:
- SpecsFlyer17
- The Musical Poet
- ThatHiddenCharacter
- XiaoMigros

I'd like to hear more from all these people, but THC most of all.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 22, 2023, 05:13:13 PM- SpecsFlyer17

I'd like to hear more from all these people, but THC most of all.

Sure. My opening post was me saying how I didn't want to jump to conclusions based on extremely simple opening posts, especially within the first hours. I felt like Oricorio was being a little quick to draw with that. Im not entirely sure why the generated a ton of suspicion, but yeah I guess that does seem a bit defensive.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Oricorio

Quote from: The Musical Poet on October 22, 2023, 11:30:25 AMI do have some suspicions.
Please note this list is not in order.

1. SpecsFlyer17 - slightly strained actions, but no real suspicions as of now

2. davy - not spoken much, so I can't really get a read

3. threalmathguy - His current messages are helpful, and I think he's ok.

4. BlackDragonSlayer - I personally find his actions to just happen to push the conversation away from him, but it may be just jitters from the last game when he was a wolf.

5. XiaoMigros - His reactions aren't suspicious, most likely a townie trying not to get a fellow townie lynched

6. ThatHiddenCharacter - Not spoken much, no real read on yet.

7. Robbie89 - Already confirmed? However there is a master wolf in this game, so perhaps they aren't speaking on purpose to avoid suspicion, but maybe they just suck at being online.

8. Oricorio - Personally, I find you slightly suspicious, but I rather not jump to conclusions as of now.

For SpecsFlyer, what are their "slightly strained actions"? And as for davy, he was the one who outed the green seer result on Robbie, what do you think of that exchange? Also, what about me is "suspicious"?

Also, pointing out that again everybody seems to townread threalmathguy

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 22, 2023, 06:38:36 PMSure. My opening post was me saying how I didn't want to jump to conclusions based on extremely simple opening posts, especially within the first hours. I felt like Oricorio was being a little quick to draw with that. Im not entirely sure why the generated a ton of suspicion, but yeah I guess that does seem a bit defensive.

Why not respond to my concerns as well? Gracias.

Oricorio

Am I really the only person who's voted someone so far? Come on people, get moving!

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 22, 2023, 01:37:10 AMOricorio
Initially I thought you were town, but it seems to me you're trying to use this different play style as a defense to anything you say. presumably not human

davy
shame youre quieter this round, but it makes it harder to clear you.. get well soon!

BDS
still not sold on your vibe, but comfortable not voting for you yet

Poet
probably human

Specs
a little bit sus but not entirely

Also, you didn't mention threalmathguy. Do you agree with everyone else that they're town?

The Musical Poet

Quote from: Oricorio on October 22, 2023, 07:22:08 PMFor SpecsFlyer, what are their "slightly strained actions"? And as for davy, he was the one who outed the green seer result on Robbie, what do you think of that exchange? Also, what about me is "suspicious"?

SpecFlyer had tried to push the info grabbing till next phase which I don't really agree with

Keep in mind that I wrote it off the top of my head, so I had forgotten about davy's messages, whoops. I will think about this more before I respond.

It's slightly strange how you keep pushing and pushing to gain some info, but perhaps that's just me going loopy :>
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

The Musical Poet

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 22, 2023, 05:13:13 PM- The Musical Poet

I understand this since I haven't really been participating properly, but I will try to chip in here and there.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on October 22, 2023, 07:31:01 PMAm I really the only person who's voted someone so far? Come on people, get moving!
I don't disagree with you there. It'd be good to see more votes all around.

SpecsFlyer17

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

therealmathguy

Quote from: davy on October 22, 2023, 10:01:50 AMThe third lantern holder responded well to a reaction test I gave them in PM, so I town read them at the moment as well (they may come forward themselves if they so wish).
I'm the third lantern holder. I can confirm that Robbie is green.

Knowing now that the strange man can't trace lanterns easily (assuming they're passed), I think it would probably be best for lantern holders to come forward in the future day phases to maximize our info gained.

BlackDragonSlayer

Out of curiosity, why did you all (you two?) choose to seer Robbie instead of davy?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 21, 2023, 06:29:54 PMI think his schedule's a bit wonky as (IIRC) he tends to work night shifts.
Basically this, plus I've been spending the entirety of the last three days trying to 100% Super Mario Bros. Wonder, so this kept slipping my mind. Also, it only took me like 5 minutes to read the thread, so I had indeed only just showed up when I posted. This is also only the second time I've even opened the thread. Honestly, I'm surprised no one's attempted DMing me. I'll post a suspicion list later since I'm at work right now and I'e already wasted too much time on this.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 22, 2023, 09:59:02 PMOut of curiosity, why did you all (you two?) choose to seer Robbie instead of davy?

I mean, it should be obvious, resolving a slank slot is important since it won't be resolved any other way. If they have further elaboration, though, I wouldn't mind hearing it.

Oricorio

The following people have townread threalmathguy:

* Oricorio
* BlackDragonSlayer
* SpecsFlyer18
* The Musical Poet
* davy

Are there any I'm missing?