News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oricorio

I'm not too concerned with finding out who the Strange Man is for now for two major reasons:

1. As I mentioned earlier, the Strange Man is incentivized to side with town as more wolf lynches means more night phases to guess lanterns, plus the wolves aren't really a threat to them anyways.
2. Exposing the Strange Man will cause wolves to avoid shooting them and shoot a townie instead.

If the Strange Man is in danger of becoming lynched, then yeah they should claim to prevent the mislynch. For now, however, it is best for the Strange Man to stay hidden.

XiaoMigros

Oricorio
Initially I thought you were town, but it seems to me you're trying to use this different play style as a defense to anything you say. presumably not human

davy
shame youre quieter this round, but it makes it harder to clear you.. get well soon!

BDS
still not sold on your vibe, but comfortable not voting for you yet

Poet
probably human

Specs
a little bit sus but not entirely

XiaoMigros

I forgot there were other players, 60% of the posts are oricorio fluff making it hard to tell whats actually going on...

davy

Okay, I've decided to come forward with some information:

Robbie89 is green.

I know that because we were both given a lantern and us lantern holders voted to seer him, because having information on barely active players is important.

This means he is at least not one of the red wolves, and I prefer not lynching green players this phase because the chance of mislynching is just too high.

I am not worried about handing this information over to the Strange Man, as all lanterns were passed this phase, so this won't help him guessing the lantern holders next night phase.

The third lantern holder responded well to a reaction test I gave them in PM, so I town read them at the moment as well (they may come forward themselves if they so wish). Since I don't want to reveal them at the moment, I'll refrain from making a suspicion list at the moment. Unfortunately, I don't have to much of a lean regarding all other players so it wouldn't be that impressive of an suspicion list either way. I hope I'll be able to put some more effort into the game tomorrow (since I am slowly getting better from my illness).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Oricorio

Quote from: davy on October 22, 2023, 10:01:50 AMOkay, I've decided to come forward with some information:

Robbie89 is green.

I know that because we were both given a lantern and us lantern holders voted to seer him, because having information on barely active players is important.

This means he is at least not one of the red wolves, and I prefer not lynching green players this phase because the chance of mislynching is just too high.

I am not worried about handing this information over to the Strange Man, as all lanterns were passed this phase, so this won't help him guessing the lantern holders next night phase.

The third lantern holder responded well to a reaction test I gave them in PM, so I town read them at the moment as well (they may come forward themselves if they so wish). Since I don't want to reveal them at the moment, I'll refrain from making a suspicion list at the moment. Unfortunately, I don't have to much of a lean regarding all other players so it wouldn't be that impressive of an suspicion list either way. I hope I'll be able to put some more effort into the game tomorrow (since I am slowly getting better from my illness).

Does this mean that Robbie actually showed up?

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 22, 2023, 01:37:10 AMOricorio
Initially I thought you were town, but it seems to me you're trying to use this different play style as a defense to anything you say. presumably not human

davy
shame youre quieter this round, but it makes it harder to clear you.. get well soon!

BDS
still not sold on your vibe, but comfortable not voting for you yet

Poet
probably human

Specs
a little bit sus but not entirely

Can you elaborate on Specs and BDS? Also, why are you seemingly wolfreading me but sheeping two of my biggest suspicions?

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on October 22, 2023, 10:10:57 AMDoes this mean that Robbie actually showed up?
not necessarily, either way it doesnt really matter

The Musical Poet

Quote from: Oricorio on October 21, 2023, 09:43:24 PMThe Musical Poet: I guess they're playing too? None of their posts have really made me feel anything, which is usually a bad sign, but I know there are some players who always post like that. Still, they'll have to participate more, cause 'til then they get a GTH wolf from me!

Yeah, sorry about that. My joining was a last-minute decision since TZP had to goad me to join. So, although I don't post much due to my limited amount of time, I will try my best to glean info from our current sources.

Hopefully, I don't end up doing nothing like last game :>
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Oricorio

Quote from: The Musical Poet on October 22, 2023, 10:27:48 AMYeah, sorry about that. My joining was a last-minute decision since TZP had to goad me to join. So, although I don't post much due to my limited amount of time, I will try my best to glean info from our current sources.

Hopefully, I don't end up doing nothing like last game :>

Do you have a GTH on anyone?

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 22, 2023, 10:22:17 AMnot necessarily, either way it doesnt really matter

Can two lantern holders  decide to pass the third holder's lantern? I suppose this is a question for the host

And I guess this confirms me as not the third holder, but whatever, that ship has already sailed

TheZeldaPianist275

Nopeā€”each holder is entirely in charge of what they do with their lantern.

The Musical Poet

Quote from: Oricorio on October 22, 2023, 10:31:57 AMDo you have a GTH on anyone?

I do have some suspicions.
Please note this list is not in order.

1. SpecsFlyer17 - slightly strained actions, but no real suspicions as of now

2. davy - not spoken much, so I can't really get a read

3. threalmathguy - His current messages are helpful, and I think he's ok.

4. BlackDragonSlayer - I personally find his actions to just happen to push the conversation away from him, but it may be just jitters from the last game when he was a wolf.

5. XiaoMigros - His reactions aren't suspicious, most likely a townie trying not to get a fellow townie lynched

6. ThatHiddenCharacter - Not spoken much, no real read on yet.

7. Robbie89 - Already confirmed? However there is a master wolf in this game, so perhaps they aren't speaking on purpose to avoid suspicion, but maybe they just suck at being online.

8. Oricorio - Personally, I find you slightly suspicious, but I rather not jump to conclusions as of now.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on October 22, 2023, 10:33:47 AMAnd I guess this confirms me as not the third holder, but whatever, that ship has already sailed
Not confirmed until (if) we hear from davy

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on October 22, 2023, 10:01:50 AMOkay, I've decided to come forward with some information:

Robbie89 is green.

This post definitely implied that Robbie89 did show up at least to some degree. But:
QuoteI am not worried about handing this information over to the Strange Man, as all lanterns were passed this phase, so this won't help him guessing the lantern holders next night phase.
I mean, the Strange Man now knows two people who won't have a lantern this phase.

Personally, I don't think it was a good idea to reveal a green seering, especially since Robbie wasn't really under the crosshairs anyway.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 22, 2023, 12:28:59 PMBut:I mean, the Strange Man now knows two people who won't have a lantern this phase

There seems to be a lack of clarity around this rule, so let me step in.

If you pass on a lantern, you enter the pool of players who could possibly receive someone else's lantern the next night phase. If there's only one lantern left, passing it would therefore guarantee you do not get it the next night phase, but if there are two lanterns and another player passes a lantern, you could conceivably get that person's lantern even though you just had one. It's theoretically possible that all three players pass a lantern and yet each have a lantern at the start of the night phase, if they each receive each others' lanterns.