Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A# Minor

wait a sec, I just realized that cardflips are off @.@

no wonder you're being so aggressive
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:48:00 PMDo you have any thoughts on Dragon or Xiao so far?
well, I'm always suspicious of BDS since he's sO hArD tO rEaD, but he hasn't said anything that struck me as odd yet. the wording of Xiao's "just a response from a friendly townsperson" (or something like that) has me a bit concerned, but I'm not sure if that's anything to worry about at this point. other than that, just normal xiao play
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

Quote from: A# Minor on October 19, 2023, 06:19:45 PMA# here, reporting for duty
I hope I remember to quote this every time I make a first post just to spite you guys
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

Oricorio

Quote from: The Musical Poet on October 19, 2023, 07:34:14 PMoh crap im late uhhh

hi

Entrance opens with "I'm late" (but is an hour and a half really that late on this site?). Ends with a greeting, suggesting an openness to discussion. Ultimately suggests someone with little to hide, so GTH town

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:46:40 PMBut people have shown up, and why waste an opportunity to get more information out of them? Sure, it would be ideal to talk to everybody but for now we have to use what we've got
The end result is monopolizing the conversation to the detriment of other players. If someone shows up and there's already like 10 pages of discussion with little substance, that needlessly discourages late arrivals to actually engage with the discussion properly (granted, the definition of "late arrivals" stop as soon as the first night has ended, IMO).

QuoteBut they still have to type in the post after they've received their role PM. And if people aren't planning ahead, then it's a good opportunity to catch wolves off-guard, is it not?
But you're assuming they read their role PM before posting.

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 07:50:00 PMEntrance opens with "I'm late" (but is an hour and a half really that late on this site?). Ends with a greeting, suggesting an openness to discussion. Ultimately suggests someone with little to hide, so GTH town
From Poet's perspective, it's not "an half and a half" into the game, it's four pages into the game. To illustrate an example, TWG CXIV back in August had not even 2 whole pages for the entirety of the first night phase.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 19, 2023, 08:14:54 PM"an half and a half"
That should say "an hour and a half" of course :P

I'm generally getting fish-out-of-water vibes from Oricorio; considering this is their first game here since 2019 (and they have played elsewhere before, in communities that are likely primarily day start and have different approaches to the game), and second game overall, that doesn't surprise me at all.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 19, 2023, 08:14:54 PMThe end result is monopolizing the conversation to the detriment of other players. If someone shows up and there's already like 10 pages of discussion with little substance, that needlessly discourages late arrivals to actually engage with the discussion properly (granted, the definition of "late arrivals" stop as soon as the first night has ended, IMO).
Have I not been making an effort to engage with everybody? There just being three posts of nothing is what discourages people.

QuoteBut you're assuming they read their role PM before posting.

But why wouldn't they? I got my notification via email; I knew what alignment I was before I even saw the thread!

QuoteFrom Poet's perspective, it's not "an half and a half" into the game, it's four pages into the game. To illustrate an example, TWG CXIV back in August had not even 2 whole pages for the entirety of the first night phase.
Be one of the cool kids and change your settings to 50 posts a page like TS and MU have it and it's much easier. Inactivity is what kills towns, not activity. And especially since we're playing flipless, we need stuff to look back on!

A# Minor

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 07:50:00 PMEntrance opens with "I'm late" (but is an hour and a half really that late on this site?). Ends with a greeting, suggesting an openness to discussion. Ultimately suggests someone with little to hide, so GTH town
I don't understand that logic at all, that's literally how she always talks

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 08:27:39 PMHave I not been making an effort to engage with everybody? There just being three posts of nothing is what discourages people.
yeah, but baseless accusations/reads don't really help anyone either. I don't see any point in trying to read players so early, it's not like we're trying to lynch someone. though I see where you're coming from with the activity part

QuoteBut why wouldn't they? I got my notification via email; I knew what alignment I was before I even saw the thread!
not everyone has email notifications on for PMs, ya know

whoo, the game hasn't even fully started yet and my head is spinning already @.@
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

Oricorio

Quote from: A# Minor on October 19, 2023, 09:46:47 PMyeah, but baseless accusations/reads don't really help anyone either. I don't see any point in trying to read players so early, it's not like we're trying to lynch someone. though I see where you're coming from with the activity part

First of all, every read is based on something, and there are things you can infer even from people's opening posts, especially if their overall progression is kept in mind. But more importantly, it's a good starting point for a discussion, and town needs this activity to win. GTH reads don't need to be kept for long, and my reads are probably going to change when we have better evidence, but to even get that evidence you have to start from somewhere.

So why don't you participate? Of all the people who have posted (me included), post whether you GTH them as town or wolf. Remember, a GTH doesn't have to be based on anything, but "null" or "I don't know" isn't an acceptable answer.

SpecsFlyer17

Heyyyyy we started!

I'll be honest, I'm trying to avoid reading too deeply into these openers. "Sorry I'm late" or "Reporting for duty" just seem like innocent introductions that shouldn't be read in to.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 19, 2023, 06:31:49 PMbds i think you're the strange man

BDS is definitely a strange man, but he is the strange man?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

therealmathguy

Oricorio

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 19, 2023, 10:04:41 PMHeyyyyy we started!

I'll be honest, I'm trying to avoid reading too deeply into these openers. "Sorry I'm late" or "Reporting for duty" just seem like innocent introductions that shouldn't be read in to.

Standard fluff opening, when more has happened at this point. The second paragraph suggests they know more about what has happened in the thread, but they still have the fluff intro. GTH wolf