News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

A bit disappointing that mathguy just vanished.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

BlackDragonSlayer

At the very least we don't have to worry about lantern shenanigans now and basically get a free extra seering.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Spoiler
On a dark and stormy October night, 10 friends found themselves in a small, lantern-lit village. The village was strangely dark; entering it seemed to drown out all the light from the moon, rendering it difficult to see anything clearly. The only things making anything visible at all? Three old, rusty lanterns hanging from poles lining the street.

Wolves
1. Master Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Wolf

Humans
4. Seer
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human

??
10. The Strange Man
A man who DOES NOT WANT to be seen. Every night phase he will privately guess the identities of the lanterns holders, and upon correctly guessing their identities, the lanterns are lost to the night, and their holders are killed, along with one normal wolf. He cannot be wolfed; if an attempt to do so is made, the public will not be informed.

Items
3 Lanterns of the Night: at the start of the game, 3 randomly chosen players will become Lantern Holders and receive a Lantern of the Night. Each night, the 3 lanterns holders will privately vote to seer one of the holders. That holder's color is then privately disclosed to the other two holders. A lantern may be passed to another player who does not hold a lantern once per NIGHT PHASE ONLY. The recipient of the lantern will be randomly selected from the pool of those who do not hold lanterns, and he will be informed both that he received a lantern and of the identities of the other holders at the start of the following night phase.

Misc.
-The Strange Man will never hold a lantern.
-If someone is killed while in possession of a lantern, it will be publicly announced that a lantern has been put out, and the Strange Man will only have to guess the holders of the remaining lanterns. However, if all three lantern holders are killed before the Strange Man guesses their identities, the Strange Man will die as well.
-The Strange Man's lantern guess applies to the players who held lanterns at the start of the night phase, not the players who received the lanterns at the end of it.
-No cardflips, instas are on. Classic rules, natch.

Victory Conditions
Wolves win when their numbers are at parity with humans & The Strange Man combined.
Humans win when the wolves are dead.
The Strange Man wins upon successfully guessing the lantern holders, but the game does not necessarily have to end at that point. Either of the other two teams may win with the Strange Man.
[close]

-----------------

The Players
1. SpecsFlyer17
2. A# Minor
3. davy
4. threalmathguy
5. BlackDragonSlayer
6. XiaoMigros
7. ThatHiddenCharacter
8. Toby
9. Oricorio
10. The Musical Poet

Oricorio disappeared into the night. He didn't return. What's up with that?

It is now Night 2. Night 2 ends in 24 hours, on Tuesday, October 24 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time.

Stay quiet.

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm very convinced as Specs and Davy being wolf partners (possibly with Xiao as a third), especially after getting confirmation of my early suspicions of Oricorio being the Strange Man. Of course, if Oricorio wasn't the Strange Man, it would be great to get confirmation of that from the real Strange Man—it would mean one wolf is dead and we have the chance to kill a second one for the cost of up to three human lives.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

therealmathguy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 23, 2023, 06:00:08 PMA bit disappointing that mathguy just vanished.
Yeah I didn't intend to change my vote. Of course hitting strange man obviously isn't as good as hitting a wolf but this could still very well be a wolf tactic to get us to mislynch the next strange man claim. That being said, don't openly claim lantern in the night phase!

Sorry Oricorio GG

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: threalmathguy on October 23, 2023, 06:13:05 PMYeah I didn't intend to change my vote. Of course hitting strange man obviously isn't as good as hitting a wolf but this could still very well be a wolf tactic to get us to mislynch the next strange man claim. That being said, don't openly claim lantern in the night phase!
But why? IMO, it's something that could've waited to be resolved with a potential counterclaim during the night phase.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

The Musical Poet

The Musical Poet

why did I have to be inactive at this time

(I have a feeling A# Minor is going to say "suffer nerd" somewhere on MS just to spite me)

XiaoMigros

Sorry that I didn't get the chance to change my vote, but one benefit for me will be being able to keep a better overview of whats going on now

XiaoMigros

happy to leave my thoughts if wanted but can probably wait until after night phase

XiaoMigros

oh wait, the strange man cant be wolfed, meaning keeping them might have saved us a wolfing... still better than the risk of 3 of us dying i guess (but worse than lynching an actual wolf)

Toby

I'm not sure if we can take Oricorio's strange man claim at face value. It was so last minute it easily could have been done by a wolf

But I don't read oricorio as wolf it was far too dominating and aggressive. But that's just my opinion

XiaoMigros

their strange man claim does seem a little too obvious, but im not at all accustomed to their play style so idk what to make of it