Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: NES Remix
Console: Wii U
Title: Title Screen
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: LeviR.star & XiaoMigros

XiaoMigros

We made this a while back now so I've forgotten any comments I might have had...

LeviR.star

Posting this here to remind myself to update the tempo marking according to the new guidelines~
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

Kricketune54

Sorry for the wait, but nice job on this both of you!

Spoiler
[close]
just posting the extended for the next updater, as this has the last measure at about 1:53.

Just had one question for now, m71 should LH beat 4 be written G# and D#?

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 11, 2023, 09:13:34 AMJust had one question for now, m71 should LH beat 4 be written G# and D#?
It is a little odd, but in the context of the LH it makes sense even if it clashes with the RH. You have a chromatic downwards progression in the LH and a completely different chord above.

Kricketune54

Quote from: XiaoMigros on December 11, 2023, 09:33:08 AMIt is a little odd, but in the context of the LH it makes sense even if it clashes with the RH. You have a chromatic downwards progression in the LH and a completely different chord above.
Okay thanks for the explanation, that makes sense to me.

m68 RH the two grace notes at the end of the measure sound to me like G then F#, but I've got nothing else and will approve. Great job both of you!

Bloop

Just two things I wanted to mention:
-The R.H. run in m55 ends before the treasure fanfare in the L.H., which initiated me breaking my brain over m55's exact rhythm:
I think the L.H. is supposed to be some sort of 4:3 rhythm (so non-swing dotted 8th, 16th tied to 8th, 8th tied to 16th, dotted 8th), and the R.H. is probably triplet 16ths ending just before (non-swing) beat 2.5?
That probably won't really read easily, but since the R.H. is all white notes, you could maybe write it as a glissando from F on beat 1 to G on beat 2.5?
-m57-58 and 61-62: The 16th tremolo isn't starting in m57 and m61 beat 4.5 isn't wrong, but to me it feels very hard to play at full speed, especially together with a (swung) 8th in the L.H. Do you think it's worth writing these 16ths as a held dyad instead (probably with legato slur or tenuto mark)?

LeviR.star

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 21, 2023, 08:27:04 PMm68 RH the two grace notes at the end of the measure sound to me like G then F#

Xiao and I checked, you are correct. Good catch!

Quote from: Bloop on January 02, 2024, 07:17:46 AM-The R.H. run in m55 ends before the treasure fanfare in the L.H., which initiated me breaking my brain over m55's exact rhythm:
I think the L.H. is supposed to be some sort of 4:3 rhythm (so non-swing dotted 8th, 16th tied to 8th, 8th tied to 16th, dotted 8th), and the R.H. is probably triplet 16ths ending just before (non-swing) beat 2.5?
That probably won't really read easily, but since the R.H. is all white notes, you could maybe write it as a glissando from F on beat 1 to G on beat 2.5?
-m57-58 and 61-62: The 16th tremolo isn't starting in m57 and m61 beat 4.5 isn't wrong, but to me it feels very hard to play at full speed, especially together with a (swung) 8th in the L.H. Do you think it's worth writing these 16ths as a held dyad instead (probably with legato slur or tenuto mark)?

- we did some messing around, and found that we agree with a glissando in the RH, but think the dotted eighths make it a bit too messy for our liking. Would it be ok if we meet halfway and just change the RH 16ths to a gliss?
- how about a double-beamed tremolo marking instead? That way, the performer can just play the broken sixths however fast they want, instead of being forced to adhere to a strict rhythm

Files are up-to-date. Let us know what you think.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 05, 2024, 04:38:40 PM- we did some messing around, and found that we agree with a glissando in the RH, but think the dotted eighths make it a bit too messy for our liking. Would it be ok if we meet halfway and just change the RH 16ths to a gliss?
That was actually what I was thinking too, I just didn't word it pretty well haha. Looks good!

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 05, 2024, 04:38:40 PM- how about a double-beamed tremolo marking instead? That way, the performer can just play the broken sixths however fast they want, instead of being forced to adhere to a strict rhythm
That works too, it's still on the harder side of things, but I think with some practice it's possible!

I'll accept!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot