News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG CXVI: Assassin's Gambit (Game Ovev? GAMA OVAR?!)

Started by Kaiveran, September 21, 2023, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

davy

Deathpost:

TZP removed his vote for me. I should not have been insta'd yet.

That being said: screw all y'all for insta'ing me in my sleep again when we had a 72 hour day
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kaiveran on September 24, 2023, 10:49:42 PMdavy was axed Day 0. He was the Blue Assassin's Cold Target, aligned with the Town.
...welp.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kaiveran

Quote from: A# Minor on September 24, 2023, 10:50:06 PM... didn't the phase end 50 minutes ago?
I think there was some DST confusion involved, maybe? I don't think it's a big problem anyhow.

Quote from: davy on September 24, 2023, 10:53:14 PMDeathpost:

TZP removed his vote for me. I should not have been insta'd yet.

That being said: screw all y'all for insta'ing me in my sleep again when we had a 72 hour day
For the record, there was no insta active, just a Day 0 extension condition. And even if TZP's vote wasn't there, you still would've died because that was, in fact, the full 72hr deadline.
~ Kai Lugheidh | http://pronoun.is/ey ~

Kaiveran

Speaking of deadlines...here's a countdown.
~ Kai Lugheidh | http://pronoun.is/ey ~

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: A# Minor on September 24, 2023, 10:50:06 PM... didn't the phase end 50 minutes ago?
Yeah, the phases end at 10pm Pacific time, so it technically ended roughly an hour ago.

I think this cardflip is the worst outcome. Not only does it play right into the blue assassin's hand, but with 6 (5?) people voting for davy that really doesn't narrow things down.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

welp, that absolutely sucks. it's not like we could go back and scan people's votes... :P

ninja'd: yeah, BDS put it a lot better than I did
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

SpecsFlyer17

wow.

I'll save most of my thoughts for Day 1 when they're more relevant, but the influx of davy voters at the end isn't a good look.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

Personally, I think THC and A# (A# specifically in combination with... other behaviors close to phase end) both look worse from this, though:
Quote from: davy on September 24, 2023, 10:48:28 PMVery suspicious of mathguy now. He was okay with my plan of town not defending themselves, yet went after me to safe himself from getting lynched.
this is also a valid point, and I think combining both this and the fact that he was on the cold target lynch also makes him look worse as well (plus, I don't think he was a hot target). Thanks for leaving us with this o7

Oddly enough, even though Xiao was also on the lynch too, I think it's a null for Xiao since on account of on the davy train early when the lynch was far from certain.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on September 24, 2023, 11:05:19 PMwow.

I'll save most of my thoughts for Day 1 when they're more relevant, but the influx of davy voters at the end isn't a good look.
I don't think it's a good idea to save thoughts unless you also share them via PM with someone you trust.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 24, 2023, 11:07:48 PMI don't think it's a good idea to save thoughts unless you also share them via PM with someone you trust.

Fair, I suppose keeping thoughts doesn't really help anyone.

Basically, the influx of last minute davy voters is a bad look. You mentioned this earlier, but the Blue Assassin probably saw the opportunity to get his Cold Target lynched once davy votes started gaining traction.

BDS and Xiao had their votes in pretty early, but THC's, A#'s, and Math's all came late.
Math's was first, which seemed to be in response to BDS's last minute plea, although that plea seemed to be more of a post directed at avoiding a potential KitB (that A# was talking about), not necessarily lynching davy.
THC and A# followed suit almost immediately, both seeming to act to avoid a KitB when davy matched Math's votes.

The Musical Poet

God dammit, davy is dead and I didn't get to see it. ;p;

Jokes aside, I seriously need to be more active, otherwise I won't be able to do anything, especially since I don't know how to work with the information I have been given.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

A# Minor

I know this sounds odd, but I actually agree with specs and BDS... I was being a bit impulsive there. :P

TZP, I am trying my best to not go straight to pointing my fingers at you right now...

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on September 24, 2023, 11:21:20 PM... both seeming to act to avoid a KitB when davy matched Math's votes.
would you mind explaining this? that wording is confusing me
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: A# Minor on September 24, 2023, 11:28:38 PMwould you mind explaining this? that wording is confusing me

Yeah, when Math voted for davy, davy had 3 votes. Math also had 3 votes, creating a KitB situation. That's what I meant by matched. A tie vote.

Toby

Wow I did not see a Davy vote actually happening lol, that's so sad considering he wanted everyone to have their suspicions together, outlined a day in advance and before his sleep to avoid getting lynched off in his dreams

Why do I feel like BDS only pretty much gunned for 1 person all day today and now turns out they were a blue cold target :^)

I find lynching Davy day 0 in this way quite offensive given how useful he could have been later in the game.