News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG CXVI: Assassin's Gambit (Game Ovev? GAMA OVAR?!)

Started by Kaiveran, September 21, 2023, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therealmathguy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 24, 2023, 04:26:35 PMMind giving a quick rundown on your game thoughts so far?
Other than what I just described, there has been some strange early finger pointing like Xiao to BDS, but I don't think it's enough for me to go off of. I don't think assassins are necessarily incentivized to push for a cold target day 0 unless to just alleviate pressure from their respective wards because I'm assuming they'll both go after their cold targets overnight.

Quote from: Toby on September 24, 2023, 04:52:08 PMFirst and foremost sorry this is your first game math and I'm wanting you lynched day 1 but a games a game lol

Hahaha I understand, we're all after that victory

A# Minor

I'll be back soon to say some more stuff, hopefully but for now, I actually feel comfortable keeping my vote on math
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: threalmathguy on September 24, 2023, 04:56:59 PMOther than what I just described, there has been some strange early finger pointing like Xiao to BDS, but I don't think it's enough for me to go off of. I don't think assassins are necessarily incentivized to push for a cold target day 0 unless to just alleviate pressure from their respective wards because I'm assuming they'll both go after their cold targets overnight

I'm on the road this weekend, sorry to have been a bit MIA. Will hopefully post more substantively but I want to say that I disagree strongly with this—if an assassin gets a cold target killed D0, that gives them much more latitude to start taking potshots at their hot target/other assassin/other assassin's ward N1.

therealmathguy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 24, 2023, 05:31:00 PMI'm on the road this weekend, sorry to have been a bit MIA. Will hopefully post more substantively but I want to say that I disagree strongly with this—if an assassin gets a cold target killed D0, that gives them much more latitude to start taking potshots at their hot target/other assassin/other assassin's ward N1.
True, but what I mean is they wouldn't be incentivized to gun for someone off of little info when it'll become immediately suspicious.

Quote from: A# Minor on September 24, 2023, 05:19:54 PMI'll be back soon to say some more stuff, hopefully but for now, I actually feel comfortable keeping my vote on math
:o I don't think that would be A# choice

A# Minor

so far, the only people that I've found suspicious are THC and math. for THC, I don't see the point of only rereading one person's posts — why only them? I know this has been said already, but no matter how I think of it, it doesn't make sense. also I found something else but I'm gonna have to go back and look for that

For math:
Quote from: threalmathguy on September 24, 2023, 04:24:10 PMShoot, I forgot that wards were known to assassins, that's gonna change how I think of things. This is very valid.
I've read some of those previous TWGs, and I've noticed that 75% of the time that someone says stuff like this, they're a wolf. feel free to correct me, but I find this incredibly strange. they could've forgotten, but I don't think you need to actually post that if that was the case ... ?

I was thinking of voting for xiao, but I don't think they're a threat to us right now :P
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: threalmathguy on September 24, 2023, 06:20:00 PM:o I don't think that would be A# choice

everyone change your vote to math specifically to punish him for this pun

TheZeldaPianist275

Moving my vote from Davy to Poet mostly on the merits of the caginess about not wanting to leak info at the start of the game. Right now I believe Math is on the chopping block right now with 3 votes. With only an hour and a half or so left in the phase, I think that at the very least, it's probably safe to say that Math isn't a ward—I think someone would have been putting up more of a fight by now if he were. My gut is more on Poet right now, mostly because I believe Math's claim that he didn't know assassins knew their wards to be genuine.

Also, for the record I don't find the arguments against Davy "changing his plan" to be persuasive—reread what he said, he was clarifying a point, not backpedaling.

Not gonna be able to stay up for the phase rollover, so I'll check in tomorrow for the postmortem. Night all.

A# Minor

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 24, 2023, 08:07:59 PM
Quote from: threalmathguy on September 24, 2023, 06:20:00 PM:o I don't think that would be A# choice
everyone change your vote to math specifically to punish him for this pun
I actually didn't see that XD
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on September 24, 2023, 02:23:34 PMNow I feel like you're being borderline offensive considering I have made 26 posts to Specs 16 lol
Quantity does not equal quality. You only started providing actual notable discussion after my post. I really don't understand why this only makes sense to me. If we both survive the night, I'm starting to see you as my lynch candidate for tomorrow. I wasn't even really sus on you before, you've just been digging yourself into a hole, now I am sus of you.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 24, 2023, 03:25:02 PMTHC has described himself as an "an agent of chaos" so I don't know what to think about that.
You say that like it hasn't been how I play TWG since I started. Remember TWG C? Ah, memories. Everyone thinks Xiao's a wild card, but I'm the real wild card.

ThatHiddenCharacter

And while BDS chose to not go until detail about the exchange, I have no issue providing context since I have nothing to hide. I told him that if he was an assassin and I was his ward, I would try and help him win. If we're being honest, there's nothing I really could have done to actually help him win and he didn't take the bait. I have no regrets.

BlackDragonSlayer

Hot off the press, I have a crackpot theory that davy's a ward and Toby is the corresponding assassin (which also fits in with my earlier "either davy or Toby is an assassin, but not both" theory). I think could be part of the reason why Toby is trying to put some push behind such a hard-to-disagree-with lynch like mathguy.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 24, 2023, 09:16:44 PMAnd while BDS chose to not go until detail about the exchange, I have no issue providing context since I have nothing to hide. I told him that if he was an assassin and I was his ward, I would try and help him win. If we're being honest, there's nothing I really could have done to actually help him win and he didn't take the bait. I have no regrets.
I had half a mind to try going along with it and seeing where it went, but I figured that if you were human it had more of a chance of causing an unnecessary amount of chaos with no real reward.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Here's what I have for the vote count:

1. A# Minor - Math
2. BlackDragonSlayer - davy
3. ThatHiddenCharacter - Math
4. XiaoMigros - davy
5. TheZeldaPianist275 - Poet
6. SpecsFlyer17 - A#
7. The Musical Poet - NO VOTE
8. Therealmathguy - Specs
9. Davy - Xiao
10. Toby - Math

That gives Math (3), davy (2), Poet (1), Specs (1), and A# (1). No vote from Poet atm
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL