News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG CXVI: Assassin's Gambit (Game Ovev? GAMA OVAR?!)

Started by Kaiveran, September 21, 2023, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 24, 2023, 12:48:37 PMI disagree. If I had reread everyone's posts except for Toby, then that would be very unfair to him. But that wasn't the case, I only reread Specs' posts. If anything, that's unfair to everyone except Specs. Besides, he brought up stuff he had said before in order to refute my point, to which I immediately refuted back since I personally don't believe it actually went against my point.
True, but at the same time saying you didn't remember Toby's contributions and then not re-reading his posts feels a bit odd. Doesn't seem like a good idea to hold that against Toby, especially when other players could easily argue the opposite about Toby's posts.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

I might be missing something, but why exactly are we wanting to lynch poet again?

also I would be voting xiao now, but to me it seems like they're just being xiao. they listened to kai and helped to insta me in cxiv so I'm not surprised by that
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

Quote from: A# Minor on September 24, 2023, 01:01:41 PMalso I would be voting xiao now, but to me it seems like they're just being xiao. they listened to kai and helped to insta me in cxiv so I'm not surprised by them changing their vote
fixed
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 24, 2023, 12:55:59 PMTrue, but at the same time saying you didn't remember Toby's contributions and then not re-reading his posts feels a bit odd. Doesn't seem like a good idea to hold that against Toby, especially when other players could easily argue the opposite about Toby's posts.

That was my feeling too, and because I was just called neutral and Specs was called townie. I wonder if Specs could be THC's ward and he's paid extra attention to trying to make him look positive to the topic.

Alternatively maybe I'm his ward and he's just wanted me to appear vague as to not be a wolfing target. It could also just be genuine and maybe I'm being held to a higher standard as I was more active last game lol

Toby

Quote from: A# Minor on September 24, 2023, 01:01:41 PMI might be missing something, but why exactly are we wanting to lynch poet again?

also I would be voting xiao now, but to me it seems like they're just being xiao. they listened to kai and helped to insta me in cxiv so I'm not surprised by that

Poet made some weird comments which I wouldn't put them down for entirely. But honestly I want to lynch someone who is likely to not to post much and be hard to read later. I've seen staying quiet as a wolf as an annoying strategy often, but also if they're a normal human we could hit a ward that way. I'm happy to vote either poet or math based on that today

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on September 24, 2023, 01:24:25 PMThat was my feeling too, and because I was just called neutral and Specs was called townie. I wonder if Specs could be THC's ward and he's paid extra attention to trying to make him look positive to the topic.

Alternatively maybe I'm his ward and he's just wanted me to appear vague as to not be a wolfing target. It could also just be genuine and maybe I'm being held to a higher standard as I was more active last game lol
None of the above. I truly believe Specs has provided a good amount of valuable activity this game and I believe you haven't. Even upon rereading your posts, my stance on that has remained the same.

However, since I am now going to bed, I'm going to cast my vote since I likely won't be able to before phase change.

As much as I really don't trust Xiao, I'm too worried about mislynching them for playing the same way they always do (for now, at least), so I'm going to cast my vote on my second highest suspicion.

I vote for math.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 24, 2023, 01:54:57 PMNone of the above. I truly believe Specs has provided a good amount of valuable activity this game and I believe you haven't. Even upon rereading your posts, my stance on that has remained the same.

Now I feel like you're being borderline offensive considering I have made 26 posts to Specs 16 lol

XiaoMigros

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 24, 2023, 05:38:26 AMXiao: Right now you're at the top of my suspicion list. The only issue with that is the reasoning behind it is also just the way you play every game. But since I don't feel that strongly about anyone else in particular, you are still my current top pick.
Seeing as I lose every game maybe this is just wishful thinking lol

XiaoMigros

Toby, anything specific you wanna hear from me?

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 24, 2023, 01:54:57 PMAs much as I really don't trust Xiao, I'm too worried about mislynching them for playing the same way they always do (for now, at least), so I'm going to cast my vote on my second highest suspicion.

I have to disagree that Xiao is playing the same as previous games. He's far less active this game so far than he was last game day 1.

Toby

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 24, 2023, 02:24:26 PMToby, anything specific you wanna hear from me?
I believe your vote is on Davy right now? Do you have anything further to say on that vote as I think it was a light suspicion when you first made it a day (or 2?) ago

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Toby on September 24, 2023, 02:25:25 PMI have to disagree that Xiao is playing the same as previous games. He's far less active this game so far than he was last game day 1.
I was gone today and also I'm no longer on break so

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Toby on September 24, 2023, 02:27:23 PMI believe your vote is on Davy right now? Do you have anything further to say on that vote as I think it was a light suspicion when you first made it a day (or 2?) ago
Mainly the backpedalling on his original plan out of the blue tbh, I think that's reason enough to not change my vote

Toby

I don't find back-pedalling on plans inherently suspicious, and given the amount Davy was posting I would figure he was just eager to have discussions. There were also people both for and against his plans which is evident that the plans were clearly debatable with both positives and negatives.

Just because he's actually taken on board what people have said and reconsidered his original thoughts I don't find suspicious at all. I may need to look at it again more closely but I don't think Davy was trying to force any plan on us, he was just suggesting it

XiaoMigros

That's true, I just find that #54 is phrased rather weirdly